Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Election 2020 - Carlow/Kilkenny. See Mod Note in post 1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

road_high wrote: »
    The clue is in the name- Global warming. No point just looking at a tiny population like Ireland in isolation, unless the big players reduce their massive emissions nothing changes.

We are not electing a parliament to implement policies for the globe!

And the third world are hardly "the big players" with "massive emissions" anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Tea Shock wrote: »
    We are not electing a parliament to implement policies for the globe!

And the third world are hardly "the big players" with "massive emissions" anyway!

So voting Green is a waste of time (as I already had summarised anyhow).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

So voting Green is a waste of time (as I already had summarised anyhow).

I'm not voting Green. I'm more concerned about using my vote to try keep any member of Bertie Ahern's Government from becoming Taoiseach!

My vote probably won't have any bearing on whether it happens or not. But I don't have to wait for everybody else to do it before I do it myself

Get the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭fits

Tea Shock wrote: »
    I'm not voting Green. I'm more concerned about using my vote to try keep any member of Bertie Ahern's Government from becoming Taoiseach!

My vote probably won't have any bearing on whether it happens or not. But I don't have to wait for everybody else to do it before I do it myself

Get the point?

I have to say I find Micheal Martin very good and competent. The rest of the party though... I really don’t think Murnane is a good candidate or indeed any of the other ff ers in the constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Remember when they call to your door that John McGuinness and Bobby Aylward both voted to block the 8th amendment going to public vote. Whatever your views on that aside, the core of democracy is the right for the people to vote on issues and these politicalians tried to block your right.

Jennifer also appeared in that famous vote no to the 8th picture. Front row center.

• Advertisement

FF is a gombeens party masquerading as caring. And the 3 idiots locally are dreadful but representative in my view of the real FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Reati wrote: »
    Remember when they call to your door that John McGuinness and Bobby Aylward both voted to block the 8th amendment going to public vote. Whatever your views on that aside, the core of democracy is the right for the people to vote on issues and these politicalians tried to block your right.

Jennifer also appeared in that famous vote no to the 8th picture. Front row center.

Sen. Murnane also voted against holding of a referendum too; FG x 2 didn't but did Vote No to repealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Sen. Murnane also voted against holding of a referendum too; FG x 2 didn't but did Vote No to repealing.

Nott 100% what that means but if they voted no in the ref itself that's their right but my focus is anyone actively blocking the people getting a vote, and that's where I and everyone should draw the line :)

Nott 100% what that means but if they voted no in the ref itself that's their right but my focus is anyone actively blocking the people getting a vote, and that's where I and everyone should draw the line :)

Well either you believe in democracy or, like Jennifer, John & Bobby & far too many others in FF and some FG & Inds. too, you believe it should be democracy only when it suits your agenda.

So yes she & her 2 FF colleagues did try block the vote.

No issue with them actually voting no to referendum itself; a FF group photo exists of all the TDs & Senators involved incl. "Team Jen".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

The race has been blown wide open. The bould Angela is running for the Dail :pac:

While she's out canvassing she can ask voters if they know of a place for rent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I almost choked on my tea. Angela Ray is running wow the poor lady is been set up for a big fall, she clearly has mental health issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Wonder did she get 30 people to register their support or did someone put up the €500 to put her name on the ballot one of which is needed to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Wonder did she get 30 people to register their support or did someone put up the €500 to put her name on the ballot one of which is needed to run.

She has links up with a Pay pal account, raised over €1,000 already, you'd wonder where that money is going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Basically FF have given the two fingers to a large portion of the electorate who wanted to see that referendum held. They're running three candidates who all used their privileged position to try and block democracy.

With no other choice of candidate - do they want votes at all I wonder? Is there no one in their local party and HQ that could see putting all these people up again isn't the smartest idea if they want votes.

Let's hope they're punished for it and learn a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Cw85 wrote: »
    She has links up with a Pay pal account, raised over €1,000 already, you'd wonder where that money is going

Fools and their money are easily parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Notmything

Good to see John McGuinness acknowledge his party affiliation with a barely visible 'fianna fail' on his posters.

Sad thing is he'll top the poll with plenty of support in Kilkenny, and Carlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Notmything wrote: »
    Good to see John McGuinness acknowledge his party affiliation with a barely visible 'fianna fail' on his posters.

Sad thing is he'll top the poll with plenty of support in Kilkenny, and Carlow

He's been that at odds with the leadership at times, it's a wonder he hasn't got the marching orders. Another Independent FF gene pooler in time.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    He's been that at odds with the leadership at times, it's a wonder he hasn't got the marching orders. Another Independent FF gene pooler in time.

He knows where the skeletons are.

iano.p wrote: »
    I almost choked on my tea. Angela Ray is running wow the poor lady is been set up for a big fall, she clearly has mental health issues

I dunno I think more than anything she’s dangerous. I’d hate to have anything to do with her. Trouble with a capital T

I dunno I think more than anything she’s dangerous. I’d hate to have anything to do with her. Trouble with a capital T

KCLR Live're having a constituency debate in the IT next Thursday morning the 30th of January from 10am-12 Noon; you can guarantee it'll be time delayed by as much as possible cos if Flange's on it she's liable to defame and she's not exactly polished; her young wan'd want to pull serious strings from any PR training she'd've got as a Rose in August 2018 to prevent a lawsuit!!

Matt O'Keeffe of Irish Farmers Journal & the Farm Show Thursday nights on KCLR from 7 to 8pm will also be quizzing candidates who stick around after too; me thinks if she does this she'll be so far out of her depth it'll be dangerous to broadcast!

Finally Sue Nunn The Way It Is from 5:30-7pm also on KCLR will broadcast 2 more GE Debates; already on Thursday she had Bobby Aylward TD (FF), Melissa O'Neill (IFP), Helena Byrne of Renua & Cllr. Patk. O'Neill (FG) so Flange'll be on next weeks or else Thursday the 6th of Februarys one.

So many opportunities to listen to her conspiracy theories & so many chances for her to prove to those who she hasn't blocked despite her "Free Speech" b/s she ascribes to, how much of a nincompoop she is.

Whatever about FG & FF & competency of many of their & the other candidates this one is making a mockery of politics; I really think we'd be better served in this country if there were run offs at local level even within each county rather than letting 14 people as is the case here on same ballot paper; other countries do this.

Like if we did run offs there actually may not be 5 candidates in the end so poor is the choice but it would still mean Flange and a few other questionable entries could be eliminated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭fits

; already on Thursday she had Bobby Aylward TD (FF), Melissa O'Neill (IFP), Helena Byrne of Renua & Cllr. Patk. O'Neill (FG) so

i listened to that. It was awful. Melissa O’ Neill tried to completely dominate and was spouting anti vacc nonsense, Byrne was terrifying ( giving out about sex education in schools - she’s a teacher!). Bobby Awlward was Completely incoherent. The only normal candidate was Pat O’Neill. And that’s not saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

fits wrote: »
    Bobby Awlward was Completely incoherent. The only normal candidate was Pat O’Neill. And that’s not saying much.

I can't understand the kind of people that vote for Bobby. Surely you want someone articulate and well spoken to represent your constituency. Anytime I've heard him speak, he is neither of those things.

Not a fan of FF or McGuiness but at least he's a steady hand and get things done, even if he loves the limelight.

JP Phelan is articulate and a potential future minister as he seems to be in favour with the party leadership which is valuable for the constituency.

Malcolm seems to come across quite well also.

Not sure on Deering or O'Neill, but they don't seem to have done too much wrong.

The less said about the rest the better.

Irish Freedom Party (IFP) were in town today; unfurling a banner on Barrack St. in front of the derelict properties; their candidate's ex SF & then Ind. Kilkenny Co. Cllr. Melissa O'Neill.

From when I passed 'em it was single figures.

Irish Freedom Party (IFP) were in town today; unfurling a banner on Barrack St. in front of the derelict properties; their candidate's ex SF & then Ind. Kilkenny Co. Cllr. Melissa O'Neill.

From when I passed 'em it was single figures.

Sounds like they’re stealing A Wallace’s amazing ideas?

Sounds like they’re stealing A Wallace’s amazing ideas?

Yip; her crowd'd be in single figures too; they went round slapping "People Need To Live Here" PBP stickers on the properties at the time; they then began to wear off & the buildings began to look even more derelict.

The way they're decorated now? Well lipstick on a pig springs to mind......

Sooner this My Carlow plan comes to fruition & they're knocked through the better.....but that, along with Carlow Town Team could be 12th of Never and yet another plan & quango mothballed.

Next Locals're not til 2024; next Generals 2025 (in theory in case of latter...); would imagine we'll still be discussing these buildings then!!

Is what AR doing wIth PayPal legal. Surly that route is open for fraudulent activity.

iano.p wrote: »
    Is what AR doing wIth PayPal legal. Surly that route is open for fraudulent activity.

Well I'd suggest asking her yourself (but don't expect any answers ha ha!) > https://www.facebook.com/angela.ray.75873708?__tn__=-UK-R

Her PayPal stuff & GoFundMe for a General Election might come under SIPO rules & I ***think*** it applies to all candidates even when, on Sunday the 9th of February 2020, they're not elected.

Those asking may not be minded to donate and who'd blame them/us; those that do donate probably think they're sticking it to the man os some such & so don't want to ask questions.

It appears this morning either 1, she's blocked anyone who asks questions (or even those of us who haven't based on previous experience; I think she's told who to block by her fellow "Irish Patriots" perhaps???) cos apparently they're all bullies or 2, she's deactivated the account already after only setting it up yesterday (Saturday) afternoon!!!

Not sure if her original account is still there or why she had to set up a new account in first place.

Two Twitter accounts too like? Mad stuff altogether.

Here's her Instagram where she says "I'm looking for change"; make your own jokes about that one ha ha!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7tY3x9FaNC/?igshid=1lt3xf49tx9j7

For a woman who likes to bang the "Free Speech" drum if she rocks up to the college Thursday morning for the KCLR Live Constituency Debate from 10am-12 Noon she may start answering the hard questions as there's an audience present.

Well I'd suggest asking her yourself (but don't expect any answers ha ha!) > https://www.facebook.com/angela.ray.75873708?__tn__=-UK-R

I did ask yesterday on Facebook and some Rita woman replayed within minutes saying I must be a ff man, the real change will come when AR gets in. I am blocked from replying now. It bangs of some kinds fraud to me. On the PayPal link you can't see how much or by who was donated.

Is the show on Tuesday open to the public to attend I wouldn't mind dropping in.

!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7tY3x9FaNC/?igshid=1lt3xf49tx9j7

Clicking on the link bringing me to a "page not found". So I'm either banned or she has deleted it.

All I did was reply to a comment where she talked about the state leaving her brother homeless. She made her brother sound like a saint. I just pointed out he wasn't a saint when he robbed my mother.

• Advertisement

Cllr. Wallace is canvassing in Borris today. Here's her video https://www.facebook.com/AdriennePBPA/videos/599267734189098/

"It's gonna be those non voters who win it for Fianna Fail and Fine Gael"........what now?

Advertisement