Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-07-2019, 13:05   #1
rireland
Banned
 
rireland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 90
How common is it for people to never find an other half or have kids?

I often meet some women in their mid 30's who are single and planned on having kids. How common is it for them to not have them?

I feel bad for them.

I was on a date with one who was 35 and she said she had planned on having kids but it's too risky for her now.

Even men and other women, how common is it for them to never find someone they love?
rireland is offline  
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 13:08   #2
Agent Smith
Did you enjoy the fuhrer's birthday?
 
Agent Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by rireland View Post
I often meet some women in their mid 30's who are single and planned on having kids. How common is it for them to not have them?

I feel bad for them.

I was on a date with one who was 35 and she said she had planned on having kids but it's too risky for her now.

Even men and other women, how common is it for them to never find someone they love?
Agent Smith is offline  
11-07-2019, 13:11   #4
Purple Mountain
Registered User
 
Purple Mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,975
It's a bit early in the day for this tripe.
Purple Mountain is offline  
11-07-2019, 13:12   #5
Sinister Kid
Registered User
 
Sinister Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7,127
Why feel bad for them?

If they really wanted a kid they could go out & ride whoever they can till they get knocked up.
Sinister Kid is offline  
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 13:28   #6
worded
Registered User
 
worded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Kid View Post
Why feel bad for them?

If they really wanted a kid they could go out & ride whoever they can till they get knocked up.


Ever the romantic there kid :-)

It gives life purpose having a kid or kids

The same joy can’t be got from material things
worded is offline  
(4) thanks from:
11-07-2019, 13:30   #7
TuringBot47
Registered User
 
TuringBot47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 255
Seems very common for people with high boards post counts.
TuringBot47 is offline  
11-07-2019, 13:33   #8
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,294
Unless someone says they're single, how would their post count reveal it? A certain poster in the past has a wife and four children, and had about 20 posts a day.

The fella with the really young wife was a very regular poster too, with many very long posts.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 13:33   #10
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
Alexa, Play Liveline
 
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 9,377
Mod: Radio, ZTest
I never thought about it, which is probably an advantage of not having a biological clock. I'm unmarried, have a baby, and a mortgage the size of the economy of a minor African country. Not exactly a catch.

I do, however, have life insurance and a family history of prostate cancer so that's good, right ?

I also enjoy a deep fried Mars bar, ladies. PM me before it's too late.
A Tyrant Named Miltiades! is online now  
11-07-2019, 13:36   #11
worded
Registered User
 
worded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades! View Post
I never thought about it, which is probably an advantage of not having a biological clock. I'm unmarried, have a baby, and a mortgage the size of the economy of a minor African country. Not exactly a catch.

I do, however, have life insurance and a family history of prostate cancer so that's good, right ?

I also enjoy a deep fried Mars bar, ladies. PM me before it's too late.

How is your loud cough these days ?
worded is offline  
11-07-2019, 13:36   #12
branie2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,863
Each to their own
branie2 is online now  
11-07-2019, 13:37   #13
whisky_galore
Registered User
 
whisky_galore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by worded View Post
Ever the romantic there kid :-)

It gives life purpose having a kid or kids
Yeah, dealing with shîtty nappies and tantrums makes life complete. Each to their own.
whisky_galore is offline  
11-07-2019, 13:37   #14
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by rireland View Post
I often meet some women in their mid 30's who are single and planned on having kids. How common is it for them to not have them?

I feel bad for them.

I was on a date with one who was 35 and she said she had planned on having kids but it's too risky for her now.

Even men and other women, how common is it for them to never find someone they love?
"Even men". Subtle thread OP.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
11-07-2019, 13:40   #15
xieann
Registered User
 
xieann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 491
My AH answer:. OP Do what "The Wizard" tells Travis in the movie 'Taxi Driver'. If you haven't already done so, watch it on DVD or wherever.
I don't honestly know.
xieann is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet