Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-07-2019, 16:25   #61
caff
Registered User
 
caff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdanbreen View Post
But do they deliberately try to March through loyalist areas playing republican tunes and chanting sectarian slogans?
They shoot journalists
caff is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 16:30   #62
cgcsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,651
It's clear that the 'protestate state for a protestant people' remains in place. The authorities won't do anything to stop this and will continue to mollycoddle the loyalist knacks but they'll take grannies to court over putting Irish language signs on their houses. The whole 'Northern Ireland' state is rotten and needs tearing down.
cgcsb is offline  
10-07-2019, 16:33   #63
endacl
Registered User
 
endacl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarang85 View Post
There's more culture in a yogurt than there is in that shower
B-b-but they have Ulster Scots! Which is totally a language bit of an accent...
endacl is offline  
(3) thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:34   #64
An Claidheamh
Registered User
 
An Claidheamh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdanbreen View Post
One things for certain if that was some years ago in a nationalist area the British army would be steaming in like a flash to dismantle it and anything else that was in its way.
And you'd have Coveney or Charlie Flanagan condemning it.

I say let the nationalists build anti-British bonfires with effigies of their crowd, if the British media etc, have a problem with it, they may stop turning a blind eye to the loyalist KKKulture
An Claidheamh is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:37   #65
cgcsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by caff View Post
Republicans light bonfires in August to mark internment
hardly remotely on the same scale. This is a tired old argument to mollycoddle loyalists, give out about the streets being painted blue white and red and an epic amount of flags, and they'll point to a much lower key display or republicanism. The two are hardly in the same league.
cgcsb is offline  
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 16:39   #66
cgcsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Claidheamh View Post
And you'd have Coveney or Charlie Flanagan condemning it.

I say let the nationalists build anti-British bonfires with effigies of their crowd, if the British media etc, have a problem with it, they may stop turning a blind eye to the loyalist KKKulture
They do that because their 'culture' is an inferior one, they are aware of this. Nationalists needn't stoop to such a level.
cgcsb is offline  
Thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:40   #67
marvin80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noveight View Post
Mickey Harte shouldn’t have apologized for the team singing ‘Ra tunes on the bus.
They can burn effigies no problem in the bonfire but get offended by a few lads singing 'Ra tunes on a bus
marvin80 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:41   #68
An Claidheamh
Registered User
 
An Claidheamh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcsb View Post
hardly remotely on the same scale. This is a tired old argument to mollycoddle loyalists, give out about the streets being painted blue white and red and an epic amount of flags, and they'll point to a much lower key display or republicanism. The two are hardly in the same league.
There isn't a day on the BBC dedicated to Republican parades, nor are there British government ministers/politicians attending them and encouraging burning flags ogmf the neighbouring country.
An Claidheamh is offline  
10-07-2019, 16:42   #69
Church on Tuesday
Registered User
 
Church on Tuesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by caff View Post
Republicans light bonfires in August to mark internment
And they are perfectly right.
Church on Tuesday is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 16:44   #70
An Claidheamh
Registered User
 
An Claidheamh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcsb View Post
They do that because their 'culture' is an inferior one, they are aware of this. Nationalists needn't stoop to such a level.
Sure, but if you replace 'kill all Taigs' with Brits/Prods etc, you would soon see how disgusted British people would be with it, and see the demands to end them.

It's so institutionalised, normalised, hypocritical and disgusting.

I can guarantee you it wouldn't be an "Irish thing" then, they'd soon pass laws banning hate marches.
An Claidheamh is offline  
Thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:46   #71
Scarlet42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by caff View Post
Republicans light bonfires in August to mark internment
nope .. hasn't been a bonfire in West Belfast for a few years .. check out http://feilebelfast.com/ thats what happens now
Scarlet42 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:47   #72
freewheeler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 268
In-glorious Bastards the lot of them!
freewheeler is offline  
Thanks from:
10-07-2019, 16:47   #73
FrancieBrady
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 21,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Claidheamh View Post
Sure, but if you replace 'kill all Taigs' with Brits/Prods etc, you would soon see how disgusted British people would be with it, and see the demands to end them.

It's so institutionalised, normalised, hypocritical and disgusting.

I can guarantee you it wouldn't be an "Irish thing" then, they'd soon pass laws banning hate marches.
July - that time of year when bigots express their bigotry and partitionists vainly attempt to defend them and say 'they are all the same up there'.

Never gets old.
FrancieBrady is offline  
10-07-2019, 16:48   #74
branie2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,746
Good choice of words
branie2 is online now  
10-07-2019, 16:50   #75
Matt Barrett
Registered User
 
Matt Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing.Fan View Post
My Birthday
My uncle's birthday! ....wait a minute....
Matt Barrett is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet