Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-07-2019, 21:48   #331
klopparama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodderangler View Post
I can guarantee it. I’ve been shooting since childhood. I learned from my mistakes at a young age and was brought up proper in hunting. I won’t shoot unless it’s safe and guarantee to be a kill shot.
Now if you can’t understand that then that’s your problem not mine
If I can’t understand you’re some sort of fictional robotic character capable of the above ?

Well I’m afraid I don’t believe that.

And if you’re human then I also don’t believe the above.
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 21:52   #332
igCorcaigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dan View Post
The second rule is treat all animals as if they are human. If a cat kills a mouse he should be arrested for murder in their deluded minds.
You just made that up.
Thanks from:
11-07-2019, 21:58   #333
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
All these threads are started by non vegans who feel insecure about the very existence of vegans for some reason
I hear smug blowhards complaining about pushy vegans one hundred times as often as I encounter pushy vegans. Every vegan I have met in person has been a lovely person, and every single person I have met who felt the need to complain about vegans has been unbearable.
12-07-2019, 00:41   #334
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
I hear smug blowhards complaining about pushy vegans one hundred times as often as I encounter pushy vegans.

Every vegan I have met in person has been a lovely person, and every single person I have met who felt the need to complain about vegans has been unbearable.
Not really a realistic viewpoint is it tbh? Humans are humans - there's all types of eejits in every walk of life

This from a previous posters comment which I think about covers it ...

Quote:
I’ve a problem with extremist vegan groups, your average vegan is of no interest to me, they’re just doing their own thing which is what we all have a right to do without abuse or ridicule or anybody trying to take our choices away from us.
The OP explained that they were been baraged on social media - hence the thread. They don't come across as a 'smug blowhard' (sic) by any means imo.

I don't believe the OP was referring to the 'average ' person here tbh and that's the point. Suggesting that any criticism somehow makes a person 'unbearable' is daft. It also seems to suggest that no matter what - no criticism is permitted else the risk being labelled and accused of being "smug blowhards" or words to that effect...

Last edited by gozunda; 12-07-2019 at 01:38.
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2019, 06:25   #335
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dan View Post
Did you ever hear of fishing quotas that have been around for years they were brought in to prevent over dissing and there are still plenty fish in the sea.
Nope

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover...ea-935727.html
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 10:02   #336
dodderangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Observer View Post
I'm not a vegan. And I see you didn't address my point about ethics. That doesn't surprise me, because most of the reactionary anti-vegan cretins on this site and elsewhere are just shallow losers without the moral courage or discipline to find or eat ethically farmed meat. Get back to your half eaten three euro spicy chicken roll with bacon fat boy.

Also, I've worked in a meat packing plant and been involved in animal slaughter, whilst let's face it, your formative life experiences consist of repeated trips to the deli counter in your local Supervalu.

I'm laughing at the idea you think you even know where your meat is coming from.
My meat comes straight from the field because I’m the one pulling the trigger as it’s about to eat it’s last meal.
Try again princess
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 10:05   #337
klopparama

John Rambo everyone. John Rambo.
12-07-2019, 10:05   #338
Chiparus

Far more animals are killed to produce vegan food, but we dont talk about that.
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2019, 10:07   #339
dodderangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopparama View Post
If I can’t understand you’re some sort of fictional robotic character capable of the above ?

Well I’m afraid I don’t believe that.

And if you’re human then I also don’t believe the above.
No point in being jealous. I don’t miss. Simple as that. Because I find myself rarely able to take the shot unless it’s safe or definite kill. Like every respectful hunter you don’t shoot unless it’s on.
Aim small miss small
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 10:08   #340
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiparus View Post
Like the soy that is imported to feed cows?
12-07-2019, 10:09   #341
klopparama

Quote:
No point in being jealous. I don’t miss. Simple as that. Because I find myself rarely able to take the shot unless it’s safe or definite kill. Like every respectful hunter you don’t shoot unless it’s on.
Aim small miss small
Hunting. The game where no one misses.
12-07-2019, 10:10   #342
An Ri rua

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Observer View Post
I'm not a vegan. And I see you didn't address my point about ethics. That doesn't surprise me, because most of the reactionary anti-vegan cretins on this site and elsewhere are just shallow losers without the moral courage or discipline to find or eat ethically farmed meat. Get back to your half eaten three euro spicy chicken roll with bacon fat boy.

Also, I've worked in a meat packing plant and been involved in animal slaughter, whilst let's face it, your formative life experiences consist of repeated trips to the deli counter in your local Supervalu.

I'm laughing at the idea you think you even know where your meat is coming from.
My meat comes straight from the field because I’m the one pulling the trigger as it’s about to eat it’s last meal.
Try again princess
The worms will have a field day with you. They're licking their lips, watching your every move.
12-07-2019, 10:20   #343
weldoninhio

Quote:
Yeah, but its not the cuddly animals.
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 11:18   #344
Zillah

Quote:
Well that is not true.
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2019, 11:47   #345
gozunda

Just on what animals including beef cattle are fed in this country. Grazing and fodder make up the bulk of what is fed to cattle - over and above this is mostly supplementary type feed. Now for those getting wet thinking about all the 'grain and soy ' fed to cattle - the fact is the bulk of that is made up of by-products or waste from human food production..

This from the FAO.

The "study determines that 86% of livestock feed is not suitable for human consumption. If not consumed by livestock, crop residues and by-products could quickly become an environmental burden as the human population grows and consumes more and more processed food."

http://www.fao.org/ag/againfo/home/e...Food_Feed.html

And that also goes for all that soy grown. The soy used in animal feed is largely derived from the primary processing of soy beans for soya oil. After the oil is extracted , what is left over is processed into animal feeds - this includes the outer shell of the soy bean called the husk and the pulp or 'meal' from which the oil has been extracted.

So there it is - all of the soy grown in south America for the primary extraction of soya oil of which afaik the processed food industry and China are the biggest users. If the left over meal wasnt been fed to cattle and other animals - they'd be most likely land spreading it as waste somewhere ...

Short version: Cattle eat grass. Humans cannot eat grass. This is good because grass grows exceptionally well in this country where many crops would struggle to grow commercially. Most of the rest of what cattle eat are the leftovers of the human food industry.

Last edited by gozunda; 12-07-2019 at 14:41.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion