Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Pity she's not from Cork. Confederate flags all over the shop down there, you would have felt right at home.

Never understood why Cork would take our battle flag. Would that count as cultural appropriation? heh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

How many times do I have to say it?

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. BE. IN. YOUR. STUPID. PHOTOGRAPHS!

but especially, in this specific case,

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. BE. IN. YOUR. STUPID. PHOTOGRAPHS. WHILE. I'M. HAVING. MY. DINNER!!

You two insisted in dragging me here - you know I'd much rather be elsewhere, TBH, at least let me eat my effing pizza in peace. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,631 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Never understood why Cork would take our battle flag. Would that count as cultural appropriation? heh

It's in the South, and the "Rebel Cork" thing. And it's (sort of) red and white.

They take the Imperial Japanese Rising Sun flag on occasion.

Neither has any place at a match in Ireland, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Group of people standing at the entrance of car park...

ah they'll see my car and move along...

One moves....ah the rest will follow.... Nope

Then they get all indignant when I beep....ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People pushing the pedestrian lights button when they have no intention of crossing the road, just to cause a red light on a nice open road. Grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Not being able to sleep.Im knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Muller1991

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We have someone in the next row over in work who wears them around the office.

She would never make a good spy, can hear her a mile away.

Are we in the same office ? Same situation here and when she walks from the carpet on to the tiles it gets louder !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kyler_87

My new pair of squeaky Adidas runners - very annoying in open plan office

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The ppl who left in dirty plastic boxes in for our appeal.
    Why would anyone want to demonstrate their lack of hygiene standards to a charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Also, Heineken from a bottle smells like farts.
    Fixed it for you! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

men+/- ppl who know my background and still explain football to me and contradict what I say in response to them being wrong or talk over me when I try to respond.

*By far my fav of this, is a man explaining the difference between a goal and point and how to calculate the score with both in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Seeing people in fancy winter outfits in August with no shame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

On a boiling hot day a few weeks ago (26 degrees plus) I had a woman wearing a thick, long sleeved top, with a shirt peeking out from under it, and a body warmer over that complaining that it was too warm! Too warm? You're dressed for the ****ing north pole! I try to enjoy all the warm weather we have - winter is long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Trying on outfits that have camisoles/slips attached - it’s like being in a maze sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My mother insisting on using the term "put up" instead of "put on" when talking about weight gain. You don't "put up six pounds" you put it on. You might BE up six pounds.

That and the way she says book, pronounced like bOOk - why?!

Also, she is not a morning person, fair enough but she got annoyed with me last week because I didn't want an omelette the day after staying over:

- do you want an omelette?
    - no thanks, I'm grand
    - hmmph! suit yourself!

??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was given a rug, secondhand a while back. During the week I brought it outside to wash it. The minute the water hit it, the stench of urine came off it like a cloud. I can't smell anything else now, time to chop some onions, anything would be better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Those stupid chain status updates on Facebook, the ones where they’re going to apparently share your photos or make you start paying for the service. How do people with working brains fall for them? I’d be fascinated to know the psychology behind them. Do people just love the drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A plaster on my scrolling finger :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Having to turn on the heating in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Liars . That's all .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

A guy I know who begins giving advice to me with the phrase “If you don’t mind me saying ...” Cue me wanting to hit him over the head! RANT OVER

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

honeybear wrote: »
    A guy ai know who begins giving advice to me with the phrase “If you don’t mind me saying ...” Cue me wanting to hit him over the head! RANT OVER

Up there with the "It's none of my business but ..." morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

A guy I know who begins giving advice to me with the phrase “If you don’t mind me saying ...” Cue me wanting to hit him over the head! RANT OVER
    Up there with the "It's none of my business but ..." morons.

And “you know what you should do”. ‘Should’ers are the worst.

When you sit at your desk with one leg under you and the doorbell chimes and you stand up to answer it and your underneath leg feels dead or is made of jelly and you do a lopsided crab walk to the door while the delivery guy watches through the glass sidelight. :(

Stop judging me, delivery guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

What about answering the phone to someone who, after exchanging pleasantries, says "I'll tell you why I called you..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If I was you I would .............

Oh thank you great sage of wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Muller1991

Up Donegal wrote: »
    What about answering the phone to someone who, after exchanging pleasantries, says "I'll tell you why I called you..."

Yea that' a real bug bearer of mine alright. There's a new person in the office who just love's to dish out the advice , for example yesterday I was chatting away to a manager about a project I'm working on with him as soon as the conversation was over the new guy butts in and says to me

"You need to be more confident when speaking to the boss, I would have said Bla bla bla . . . "

Felt like hitting him there and then :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Best wishes to the little one, I hope and pray everything's okay. Please keep us updated. :)

All good, lump was just fatty tissue but being in the mammary region it was worth getting checked. Expensive piece of mind but piece of mind nonetheless!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I tried to make buttercream icing but failed miserably. There are only a handful of ingredients so it's really difficult to get wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I tried to make buttercream icing but failed miserably. There are only a handful of ingredients so it's really difficult to get wrong.

A drop of hot water added to butter and sugar makes it lighter and smoother. I've started to substitute marscapone for some of the butter to get a little less fat and a taste which is less sweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement