Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight's fights 15/12 (Katie Taylor/Canelo/BT Card)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Not even watching this fight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I love boxing and have done for 20+ years but after watching the UFC tonight and then switching over to this fight it is easy to see why there seems to be a big swing towards MMA recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I love boxing and have done for 20+ years but after watching the UFC tonight and then switching over to this fight it is easy to see why there seems to be a big swing towards MMA recently.

Ah compare next Saturday nights boxing to the MMA not this card full of mismatches. The best fight on this card got pulled yesterday. Not a fair comparison.

Wait til MMA promoters create their own belts and start protecting their investment a la pro boxing

pac_man wrote: »
    Swing in what way? Tonights fights have been boring so far,most fighters on the card apart from the main event, can't crack an egg. It's the luck of the draw .

Its the headline- its boxings own fault tbf

• Advertisement

I am growing c impatient

I'm only a casual MMA fan so I may be wrong but to me it seems boxing has had the better year between the two sports and it isn't really close.

Morrison J wrote: »
    I'm only a casual MMA fan so I may be wrong but to me it seems boxing has had the better year between the two sports and it isn't really close.

I dont like MMA but they are winning over the casual armchair fans

I'm guessing that because Canelo has been paid a truckload of money, it doesn't leave much in terms of a undercard. Tonight is hardly representative of what happens every week in boxing. It's really the luck of the draw, fights can turn out sh1te and fights can turn out good.

Mismatched fights are by and large mismatchs and poor

Why are we waiting! I was told around 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Try_harder wrote: »
    Wait til MMA promoters create their own belts and start protecting their investment a la pro boxing

Two different models so can't see that happening

I dont like MMA but they are winning over the casual armchair fans

Winning over the millennials definitely. Feel like it's losing a lot of it's momentum though. Boxing still produces more big nights.

Young lads these days are talking about MMA they way guys used talk about Boxing when I was their age.

Tyson was a world name growing up. Who outside the boxing world knows who the Heavyweight Champion is???

Two different models so can't see that happening

Give it time

Winning in terms of what? I don't follow MMA so I'm curious.

Viewing numbers,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

rocky rocky rocky :D

Sweet Caroline anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

They already do that. Dana White has a new found love for "interim belts".
    Morrison J wrote: »

Generally I would agree but the biggest fights in the last 2 years all ended in controversy (Fury, GGG) which really left a sour taste in my mouth. Plus some of the more unknown fighters in the UFC who headlined main cards put on in some ways far more entertaining fights than even the big boxing fights. Korean zombie vs Rodriguez, Holloway vs Ortega, Romero vs Whittaker and Poirer vs Gaethje put some of the boxing PPV's to shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

get up you son of a bitch cause mickey loves you :D

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    They already do that. Dana White has a new found love for "interim belts".

Generally I would agree but the biggest fights in the last 2 years all ended in controversy (Fury, GGG) which really left a sour taste in my mouth. Plus some of the more unknown fighters in the UFC who headlined main cards put on in some ways far more entertaining fights than even the big boxing fights. Korean zombie vs Rodriguez, Holloway vs Ortega, Romero vs Whittaker and Poirer vs Gaethje put some of the boxing PPV's to shame really.

Re intierim belts- watch it get a lot worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Re intierim belts- watch it get a lot worse

Oh I know, ever since they sold the UFC to WME it's only gotten worse.

Canello is one handsome bastard

3 fooking anthems! Is this rugby?!? :pac:

A quick google to your claim and there seems to be conflicting info depending on who writes the article.

One is going up, the other down

The champion is walking out first?

Hopefully no tainted meat for poor Saul tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The anthems couldn't have been any cringier.

Hopefully no tainted meat for poor Saul tonight

Tainted Glove...

/gets coat

Looks like dazn couldn't buy "let's get ready to rumble"!

• Advertisement

The anthems couldn't have been any cringier.

Cindy Lauper Simpsons anyone???

Advertisement