Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Execution Order - Sheriffs Rights

• 14-12-2018 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,

I have a quick question, I do reside on the same address as someone who could face Execution Order.

When it comes to goods in the house, can the sheriff take whatever and do I need to prove the items are mine? How does this work with items that I only have receipt for without my name mentioned? Or things that has been given to me?

If anyone can point me to the according law or rules so I can read them through that would be awesome!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Generally they are not interested in the contents of a private house. Unless you own some good French paintings or have a Ferrari parked outside they generally don't care and will take nothing.

He is only interested in valuable items that can be sold for cash quickly.

Advertisement