Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ktm 690 bottom bearing Replacement

Options
  • 02-12-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there I am thinking of buying a 08 Ktm 690,but there's a loud rattle coming from the engine.
    It sounds like big end Bearing or cam chain it still drives. There is 21,000 miles on this bike.
    Just wanted to know anyone's gotten any experience in this kind of project. Or would I be better off leving it ??
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If you don't know what the noise is,run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 irishjas929

It's more that likely the big end bearing. How big a job is that ??? And would it be worth getting it fixed ?? It's a 2008 bike the money for the bike is 2,000 Would it be worth taking a gamble.... Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I wouldn't touch it.
    I'd rather trust my gut and be happy to assume the bike wasn't maintained and possibly abused, leading to noises out of the engine.
    You are picking the wrong bike if you are hoping to fix it up and spend not much money.
    They are a nice fun bike but don't let your heart rule your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 irishjas929

Your Rite There will be a KTM 690 for sale coming up to Xmas
    Cheers mate

Advertisement