Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Antepost

• 30-11-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭

Not usually a fan of antepost betting, especially this far out from Cheltenham, but I can't help but have a bet on Samcro at 9/2 for the Champion Hurdle. With a run under its belt and some cut in the ground (but not too much), I think it comes on from that run and wins tomorrow in the Fighting Fifth against rival Buveur D'Air who is out for the first time since Cheltenham and is after a first time wind op. Have a small bet on it to win tomorrow to cover my Cheltenham bet too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'm firmly on board the Buveur d'air train tomorrow. Samcro hasn't done anything to convince me that he can beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Blow by Blow at 25s for the 4 miler

(backed it a few weeks ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

I'm firmly on board the Buveur d'air train tomorrow. Samcro hasn't done anything to convince me that he can beat him.

B d'air beat melon by a neck...
    Samcro would have beat melon if he didn't fall by a lot more than a neck....if he didn't fall....

samcro also race fit for the clash.

Samcro wins it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just to add a few I've done a while back

Santini (RSA 9/1)
    Mengli Khan (Arkle 20/1)
    Summerville Boy (Champion Hurdle 14/1)
    Getaway Katie Mai (Mares Novices 20/1)
    Shattered Love (Gold Cup 25/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

B d'air beat melon by a neck...
    Samcro would have beat melon if he didn't fall by a lot more than a neck....if he didn't fall....

samcro also race fit for the clash.

Samcro wins it for me.

They both fell 3 out so you cannot state that as fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Won't be having a bet on the race but will watch with great interest.
    Backed Summerville Boy @14s for the CH so hopefully gives a good account today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

BD beat Mick Jazz by a small margin, Elliot probably using that as a form line and thinking Samcro would bury a horse like Mick Jazz
    With that in mind, the ground being softer than anticipated and BD's first run of the year, I too am in the Samcro camp

As for AP betting

Lalor/Malone Road would get my AP money except the prices are disgusting for AP betting in December

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Decent start for Santini's ante post RSA backers :)

Into 7/2 now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Love Santini but the market antepost is pathetic at that price. Plus we haven’t seen many for the RSA like Next Dest and Black Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

He made one mistake but loved the way he galloped to the line. Big stamp of a beast, surprised how weak a frame kilbricken storm looked beside him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

gazza1 wrote: »
    Won't be having a bet on the race but will watch with great interest.
    Backed Summerville Boy @14s for the CH so hopefully gives a good account today.

Hoping he gives a poor account so his price gets back up to 14/16. Think he will be my horse for tge champ hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bauvair Dair is a few lbs better when fresh I dnt expect him to see the whip in beating Samcro today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thats why hes the champ

Think it's time to start giving BD some credit! And maybe Samcro is simply overhyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BD was super today.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Slattsy wrote: »
    Think it's time to start giving BD some credit! And maybe Samcro is simply overhyped.

What do you mean maybe overhyped? His neptune was ****e and got stuffed by bedrock the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

carq wrote: »
    Hoping he gives a poor account so his price gets back up to 14/16. Think he will be my horse for tge champ hurdle

Just got sb at 24 on the exchange. Expect him to go off around 8/1 on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

What do you mean maybe overhyped? His neptune was ****e and got stuffed by bedrock the other day

The 2nd and 3rd from the Neptune both won Grade 1s the next time out.

He was hyped, end of. Maybe time will show people got very much carried away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

He was hyped to win a Gold Cup though not a champion hurdle, if they had of just stuck to a novice at Punchestown in April he’d probably be odds on for the Drinmore tomorrow. Yes I’m bitterly disappointed how he was hammered today but I’m not giving up hope on him winning a Gold Cup, just got to wait an extra year now after this right off of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Samcro just doesnt have the gears to compete with BD, not sure why Elliot is still sticking with the CH route.Melon looks the only worthwhile contender but Mullins said he won't run him until softer ground over xmas.Laurina looks a good mare but she won a really weak race at the festival and this is a big step up in class, be interesting to see where she runs next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

not sure why Elliot is still sticking with the CH route.
    When you listen to the comments that Elliot has made, it seems pretty clear to me that it's Eddie who's calling the shots as to where Samcro runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Before anyone says it, Jezki has absolutely no chance of winning the country hurdle off close enough to top weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

lemush wrote: »
    Before anyone says it, Jezki has absolutely no chance of winning the country hurdle off close enough to top weight.

Too Late ive said it a few times already now. All in need now is someone to say i wouldn't back it with stolen money and i'm all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Anybody have one horse they are backing weekly.

My friend told me to look at Never Adapts race last time and to back him for the Triumph.

I was very impressed and if he learns to settle he could be a very good horse.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody have one horse they are backing weekly.

My friend told me to look at Never Adapts race last time and to back him for the Triumph.

I was very impressed and if he learns to settle he could be a very good horse.

Not weekly, but consistently enough. It was Santini at mostly 9s & 8s.

I'll leave him off now at current price and see what happens come March. Hopefully Nico knows how to ride him properly now!!!

Monalee for the Ryanair at 14s. Fairly strong on him. Bit of a risk, but I think if he lines up in March he's sub 4/1.

Blow by Blow for the marathon. On at 25s. I think his only aim this season is this race.

Paloma Blue for the Arkle. Few bob on at 20s. Disappointed with him the other day but I'll keep the faith. Henry knows what he's doing.

Jumped on the Annamix hype train at 16s.

I think Presenting Percy wins the Gold Cup fwiw. But no bets on him!

I think that's my lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Just a general question on AP bets. Do people have no problem getting on antepost at this time of year? If so who is the best place to go with.
    I wouldn't usually place an antepost bet until February. Or at least i haven't done for a few years. Went in to have a bet a few weeks ago in PP and they would only take 50 of a 100 quid bet i wanted.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Too Late ive said it a few times already now. All in need now is someone to say i wouldn't back it with stolen money and i'm all in.

I can see the Jezki angle. And as we all know, this horse is a stone better on proper spring ground. And still shoes a lot of ability.

I'd like to see him drop a few lbs, so hopefully Jessica places him well, a few no shoes in Grade 1 :) or look at putting up a good claimer on board in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Slattsy wrote: »
    Monalee for the Ryanair at 14s. Fairly strong on him. Bit of a risk, but I think if he lines up in March he's sub 4/1.

Blow by Blow for the marathon. On at 25s. I think his only aim this season is this race.

Paloma Blue for the Arkle. Few bob on at 20s. Disappointed with him the other day but I'll keep the faith. Henry knows what he's doing.

Jumped on the Annamix hype train at 16s.

I think Presenting Percy wins the Gold Cup fwiw. But no bets on him!

I think that's my lot.

Palonma blues run was too bad to be true and Henry's horses usually are better chasers than hurdlers.

Doesn't look a strong renewal would like to see him have another run before backing him but 20s could be big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

aidankkk wrote: »

I wouldnt back it with stolen money.

Advertisement