Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Being given a wrong prescription... i think

Options
  • 23-11-2018 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

I went to a walk-in clinic for a second visit and my mistake was thinking I'd see the same doctor.

Unfortunately I didn't see the same doctor who I thought was good. I originally went to this clinic as they are open at weekends. Something isn't clearing up and I'm getting bloods done. The doctor also gave me a steroid to take, which set the alarm bells ringing as steroids are causative. I went to the chemist and she described what the medicine would do, which I didn't want to get into there and then, but didn't seem to be what I'd want. I since then took one day's dosage.

It's been nagging me and I've looked it up on the internet and it's confirmed that what I'm taking can cause what I'm trying to fix.

I know I'm not giving specifics. I'm going to phone them tomorrow, I'm travelling tomorrow early which makes it awkward. I'm not going to take any more prescription and call the clinic tomorrow.

Does it sound plausible that a doctor could give a counter productive prescription?

Advertisement