Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Wilson RIP

Options
  • 13-11-2018 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

I see today that John Wilson passed away. I think we all grew up watching his fishing programmes and it's probably why I spent my teenage years coarse fishing around Cork.

RIP John and Tight lines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

No way! Used to love his show and the way he'd flip after losing a fish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

An angling legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

A legend of the sport indeed. He caught some cracking fish for the camera. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

That chuckle when he hooked and landed a fish made me smile every time.
    RIP John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Grew up watching his videos. loved the way it wasnt all about using the latest gear or needing this new superbait etc... He also loved the wildlife that he seen while out fishing like kingfishers or some other type of birds something im fond of myself. He was a true all rounder. RIP John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

He was a family friend, off screen he was exactly as he was on screen. Such a shame as he was in the process of moving back home to Norfolk to be closer to family, huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Head a story about him coming over to fish for bream on the shannon, he spent 3 days lobbying out ground bait but blanked then next day some other lad rocks up the the same peg and fill his keep net with big bream.

Grew up watching him on TV such a cool guy with a real love for the outdoor and life - he'll be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

I remember he had a series of little fishing magazines out years ago. Can't remember if it were weekly or monthly, but me mother used to get tgem for me. Had them all for years. Wish I'd kept them. RIP John

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

I was looking at numerous tackle shops on black Friday and came across his 6 shooter travel rod couldn't help myself had to have it then watched him on you tube pulling perch and Pike to a fair size on the rod. can't wait to use it.
    his laughter was contagious

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

His laugh was infectious and then the way he admired his catch.
    "What a kill-onker"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Eddie B wrote: »
    I remember he had a series of little fishing magazines out years ago. Can't remember if it were weekly or monthly, but me mother used to get tgem for me. Had them all for years. Wish I'd kept them. RIP John

I think the magazine's were called Catch

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fishermantolka

RIP John you were great and will be missed by many.

Advertisement