Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grand slam of darts 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Ratajski and Smith double for tonight for me. Almost 8/1

That’s ballsy, can’t see Smith winning

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

That’s ballsy, can’t see Smith winning

TbL

Docket is in the bin already. Ratajski having a howler. Clayton clinical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Couldn't buy a treble in 1st leg but has thrown well since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Wadey has absolutely shat it here

Wadey has absolutely shat it here

Yep seems like the Wade of last year has turned up.

Can’t see any way back for him

TbL

• Advertisement

Don't be assholes SKY, interview the winner.

Wadey couldn't buy a tops finish for all the money in the world tonight

Take nothing away from unterbuchmer lads he won that rather than Wade bottling it. Some great scoring and composed on his finishing.

Take nothing away from unterbuchmer lads he won that rather than Wade bottling it. Some great scoring and composed on his finishing.

Decent scoring and didn’t wilt under the pressure he was undoubtedly under.

Decent player

TbL

C'mon Sparky

• Advertisement

C'mon Sparky

Can’t see it I think Anderson will win it outright, hopefully we get a decent game

TbL

https://youtu.be/Rsy2LEnvvq8

Unterbuchmer interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

hes of to pdc aswell it seams

gary jobson will be top dog soon lol

sc86 wrote: »
    hes of to pdc aswell it seams

gary jobson will be top dog soon lol

They ain't all going to get out of q school. There will still be some top class players playing BDO next year I'd say.

not being smart or anti bdo but theres not many top class players as it is , lets be fair , some good players - but top class?

waites / mitchell / durant etc all going to q school - youd expect a few of them to get in
    i havnt saw 1 top 10 bdo player say hes not doing it
    with the change in rules they have nothing to lose

only issue is for euro players , euro q school overlaps with some of lakeside , so may not get to enter full 4 days

sc86 wrote: »
    not being smart or anti bdo but theres not many top class players as it is , lets be fair , some good players - but top class?

waites / mitchell / durant etc all going to q school - youd expect a few of them to get in
    i havnt saw 1 top 10 bdo player say hes not doing it
    with the change in rules they have nothing to lose

only issue is for euro players , euro q school overlaps with some of lakeside , so may not get to enter full 4 days

Depends on your definition of top class I suppose? Not every one can be mvg or anderson.

Would you consider the likes of Kim Hybrechts, Simon Whitlock, Joe Cullen ect top class? That's the level the likes the top bdo players are at the likes of waites, veenstra, unterbuchner

For clarity, I would rate everyone inside the pdc top 32 as top class players and even a few outside of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Plays Wade next.
    Wade wont choke like White on the doubles.

Ian White is your typical floor player. Great in an empty hall, put him on tv and he is sweating like gary glitter in toys 'r us

Silence is deafening from our resident expert :confused:

Durrant possibly of to q school as well.

Depends on your definition of top class I suppose? Not every one can be mvg or anderson.

Would you consider the likes of Kim Hybrechts, Simon Whitlock, Joe Cullen ect top class? That's the level the likes the top bdo players are at the likes of waites, veenstra, unterbuchner

For clarity, I would rate everyone inside the pdc top 32 as top class players and even a few outside of it.

unterbuchner for example is new and nobody really knows how good he will turn out , he could have a good year or 2 and never be heard of again , we dont really know - he looks solid and has balls which is huge , he doesnt buckle
    i wouldnt call him top class at the minute , huge promise , 1 or 2 good events doesnt make anything certain

look at jamie hughes , really top bdo player , ranked 2 when he left i think , mayby 4 ? couldnt get a tour card and hasnt really made any impact , ranked 105 with 13stg prize money , and that lad can play
    thats the reality for most high rank bdo players that switch now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Apparently Dimitri's girlfriend had a heart transplant and was in a coma up until a week or so ago. Fair play to him for even competing. Hope he goes far.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see Mensur push on. He showed how clinical he can be there and it sucked the life out of DvdB.

Pricey pulling the piss out of the crowd is great but he's getting carried away by it and Whitlock won't stay this ****e for too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

What channel is this on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

wally1990 wrote: »
    What channel is this on tonight

skysports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

bassy wrote: »
    skysports

Thank you

Price is a tool but I’m no fan of the shampoo dodger either, can they both lose :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I was surprised Russ Bray called Price on his behaviour. That is not something I expected

I'd love to see Mensur push on. He showed how clinical he can be there and it sucked the life out of DvdB.

A lovely bloke, but very hard to watch. I don't know how he hits the numbers that he does, given his very unorthodox technique

• Advertisement

Two pants sh1tters. Anderson or Van Gerwen would eat them both for breakfast

Advertisement