Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers Unveiled

• 26-07-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Has anyone been following the bloggers unveiled posts on Instagram? Who is he/she?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Check out this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Rumours are that they're a boardsie!

We're not allowed, at the moment to name names - there's a mod warning in the other thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lauren951

Ah okay that's fair enough! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tinkerbell2310

GingerLily wrote: »
    Rumours are that they're a boardsie!

We're not allowed, at the moment to name names - there's a mod warning in the other thread!

I dunno who bloggers unveiled are not do I care. They are doing a great job of catching people out... but what I don’t like is the story on their page today.
    Whoever that girl is people are accusing I’m stick to my stomach for her. She is receiving death threats and got a Mass card in the post to her home address.
    This is not fun and games anymore... I’m actually soooo anxious for this accused girl..

I dunno who bloggers unveiled are not do I care. They are doing a great job of catching people out... but what I don’t like is the story on their page today.
    Whoever that girl is people are accusing I’m stick to my stomach for her. She is receiving death threats and got a Mass card in the post to her home address.
    This is not fun and games anymore... I’m actually soooo anxious for this accused girl..

You're right, I don't care either - it doesn't actually matter either way.

That's disgusting - who would do that? I hope the guards get involved and find out who it is.

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    You're right, I don't care either - it doesn't actually matter either way.

That's disgusting - who would do that? I hope the guards get involved and find out who it is.

I honestly feel for this girl. And whoever these people are that are threatening her should be brought up on charges.. when I opened bloggers story today and saw what this poor girl is being put through.. I hope to god the guards do something for once in their lives and stop this..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

GingerLily wrote:

Nobody, I suspect. It never happened or she sent them herself.

Dial Hard wrote: »

Why would u suspect that?

Do you have any reason to think that? Or are you just generally suspicious?

GingerLily wrote:
    Do you have any reason to think that? Or are you just generally suspicious?

I just find it very hard to believe that anyone would send an *actual* death threat over something as inconsequential as a few bloggers being made wallies of.

I think it far more likely that someone who started something as a bit of fun found herself at the centre of something far bigger than she bargained for, needed to take a bit of the heat off so tried to generate a bit of sympathy for herself by saying she was getting threats and instead of deflecting attention from herself ended up creating an even bigger sh*tstorm that they can't easily get out of and are kind of stuck just digging themselves further in.

• Advertisement

I just find it very hard to believe that anyone would send an *actual* death threat over something as inconsequential as a few bloggers being made wallies of.

I think it far more likely that someone who started something as a bit of fun found herself at the centre of something far bigger than she bargained for, needed to take a bit of the heat off so tried to generate a bit of sympathy for herself by saying she was getting threats and instead of deflecting attention from herself ended up creating an even bigger sh*tstorm that they can't easily get out of and are kind of stuck just digging themselves further in.

I disagree. It’s someone who is losing business/money... bloggers unveiled have stopped so called influencers from earning money. A few large companies dropped some bloggers after they were called out. Not being funny but when u see people murdering each other over a 30 pound debt for drugs I’m sure someone is capable of offering someone money to either attack or do worse to someone who has taken their little business down.

Also pls look at the post Paul Stenson from the white moose cafe put up about bloggers unveiled. He basically told them to be very afraid and that something big was coming their way over the next 3 months !!!

Also pls look at the post Paul Stenson from the white moose cafe put up about bloggers unveiled. He basically told them to be very afraid and that something big was coming their way over the next 3 months !!!

Yet another reason to be cynical about the whole thing. He's a fame-hungry troglodyte who'd do anything for a bit of publicity. If he posted saying the sky was blue I'd go outside and check just to be sure.

Yet another reason to be cynical about the whole thing. He's a fame-hungry troglodyte who'd do anything for a bit of publicity. If he posted saying the sky was blue I'd go outside and check just to be sure.

I agree about him. He is an absolute K**b who is dying to be famous and get in with click crowd in the city. He’d go to an opening of an envelope if he was invited but if u see that. It was an actual threat. Do u not think people out there are capable of threatening someone if they think they are damaging their so called brand ?

It was an actual threat. Do u not think people out there are capable of threatening someone if they think they are damaging their so called brand ?

If it was an actual threat he wouldn't be posting it on social media.

And yes, I do think there are people out there who are capable of threatening those they think are threatening their brand. But do I think a few idiots trying to make a living flogging Chinese make up and their own worn clothes are doing it? No, sorry.

Literally nobody outside of the blogging "industry" even knows or cares about BU. It'll all have died down within a few weeks. Probably already would have if she hadn't come out with the death threats story.

If it was an actual threat he wouldn't be posting it on social media.

And yes, I do think there are people out there who are capable of threatening those they think are threatening their brand. But do I think a few idiots trying to make a living flogging Chinese make up and their own worn clothes are doing it? No, sorry.

Literally nobody outside of the blogging "industry" even knows or cares about BU. It'll all have died down within a few weeks. Probably already would have if she hadn't come out with the death threats story.

K I’ll start by saying I’m in no way saying that moose guy sent her/him the death threat.

But people selling knock off Chinese make up are the ones who have the most to lose. People are copping on to them being deceitful. Buyin the stuff on Ali express for 2 euro and selling it for 25 euro.. these people are not happy that they have been caught out.

I actually thought that about no one outside would know about the bloggers unveiled but they actually do. Are u in the blogging industry? I’m not but I know and I’m sure that’s why they have been on today fm and other radio stations and other media outlets like evoke.ie that have discussed all this...

Also joe Duffy did the whole story that bloggers unveiled posted about that woman charging people 5k for a make up course that isn’t even certified officially by their governing body so when u say no one outside that business knows or cares I think ur mistaking. But look each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RAPUNZEL

Who is rumoured to be behind the BU page?

Lauren951 wrote: »
    Has anyone been following the bloggers unveiled posts on Instagram? Who is he/she?!

BU’s supposed identity has been revealed and is online but I haven’t come across any names yet

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

RAPUNZEL wrote: »
    Who is rumoured to be behind the BU page?

It's all over Twitter apparently

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    It's all over Twitter apparently

Yes just joined Twitter and seen a name! Curiosity satisfied! Sure who knows if it is this named person. Such a great page doing amazing work. Horrible that it has got to the stage of death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Lauren951 wrote: »

Why do you want to know their name? If you hear that it's Sinead Murphy from Dublin what difference will that information make to your day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Yes just joined Twitter and seen a name! Curiosity satisfied! Sure who knows if it is this named person. Such a great page doing amazing work. Horrible that it has got to the stage of death threats.

I've seen a few names on Twitter, wouldn't pay much heed to them.
    The accusers could just be people with an axe to grind.

Are u in the blogging industry? I’m not but I know and I’m sure that’s why they have been on today fm and other radio stations and other media outlets like evoke.ie that have discussed all this...

Also joe Duffy did the whole story that bloggers unveiled posted about that woman charging people 5k for a make up course that isn’t even certified officially by their governing body so when u say no one outside that business knows or cares I think ur mistaking. But look each to their own

I'm not in the industry but have a friend who is, albeit not on the fashion side. That and the mega-thread here are the only reason I know about any of it. I asked everyone in my family and three of my friends yesterday had they ever heard of BU and none of them had. I myself knew absolutely nothing about the make-up course thing until you mentioned it. Nothing in the Irish Times or even the Indo about it today. I'm not saying that it's not a big deal to some people but in the grand scheme of things? Nah. The whole thing would actually be funny if it weren't for the fact that people who have absolutely nothing to do with it are getting dragged in.

I'm not in the industry but have a friend who is, albeit not on the fashion side. That and the mega-thread here are the only reason I know about any of it. I asked everyone in my family and three of my friends yesterday had they ever heard of BU and none of them had. I myself knew absolutely nothing about the make-up course thing until you mentioned it. Nothing in the Irish Times or even the Indo about it today. I'm not saying that it's not a big deal to some people but in the grand scheme of things? Nah. The whole thing would actually be funny if it weren't for the fact that people who have absolutely nothing to do with it are getting dragged in.

I don't think death threats are funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Dial Hard wrote:

But it's not just bloggers over-editing that she has unveiled. Think of businesses that have been severely effected (Caris Closet, Avant Gard) after they were revealed to be ripping people off. A lot of money being lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

No. The innocent person has been to the Guards a few months back. There's an on going investigation.

BU is not the person being named. Someone who had beef with the alleged named, has spread this rumour and fed speculation to other people who have had issues with the innocent party here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

This whole thing came to my attention via my wife who is an instagram type person, and I was shocked to see people's reactions to the whole situation, particularly the anonymous owner of the instagram account.

People are getting death threats based on stuff that he or she has shone a public light on. Now whether they feel this action is justified or not, it is still their choice to out various blogger types that has set in place a chain of events that has led to people having threats on their lives.

Yet instead of taking any personal responsibility they seem to be doubling down on their stance. Surely the right thing to do now for the sake of people being falsely identified and wrongly threatened is to come out and name yourself? The person behind the page seems to think that is too dangerous but surely with a following of 200,000 people, the level of public visibility would actually put her in a safer position than they would be in if someone with bad intentions correctly identified them as things stand now.

I think a situation like this highlights why internet anonymity is an unhelpful thing in many ways. From what I have seen I would agree with the general aim of that page in its efforts to show the cynical nature of social influencer culture, but the person was clearly only happy to do that behind a mask....say what you will about the blogger types, but at least they have to take the criticism and praise that comes their way wherever they go, they are highly visible and have nowhere to hide.

Granted, this person said that the page was not about them, but from a quick look over their posts there is a definite bitchy, personal and judgemental element to them that goes past merely shining a light on the misleading nature of blogger culture.

The hard thing to do now is the right thing, to take public ownership of the page and make sure people don't continue to receive threats in response to posts that they did not put put into the public realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

BU’s supposed identity has been revealed and is online but I haven’t come across any names yet

I keep seeing that mentioned but like you haven't come across any names. Possibly because I haven't been looking. I think the account is highlighting some shady practices that are going on. Half the problem is that the ASAI have no bite really when it comes to things. I've completely cut down the number of bloggers I follow and only stick to ones that aren't selling me crap all the time. I also don't just take their word as gospel on a product, which I think was some of the problem here.

There was an article about the beauty school in the Times 6 days ago and referenced Bloggers Unveiled. It was also all over Joe Duffy the same day. My other half who knows jack all about beauty bloggers, is aware of Bloggers Unveiled.

It is a big deal and not just to some people - that beauty school was charging up to €5000 a course and people have discovered that their certificates are fake and that their professional insurance may now be invalid. It's a massive thing in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I keep seeing that mentioned but like you haven't come across any names. Possibly because I haven't been looking. I think the account is highlighting some shady practices that are going on. Half the problem is that the ASAI have no bite really when it comes to things. I've completely cut down the number of bloggers I follow and only stick to ones that aren't selling me crap all the time. I also don't just take their word as gospel on a product, which I think was some of the problem here.

There was an article about the beauty school in the Times 6 days ago and referenced Bloggers Unveiled. It was also all over Joe Duffy the same day. My other half who knows jack all about beauty bloggers, is aware of Bloggers Unveiled.

It is a big deal and not just to some people - that beauty school was charging up to €5000 a course and people have discovered that their certificates are fake and that their professional insurance may now be invalid. It's a massive thing in reality.

A criminal offence has surely been uncovered. Fraud is a pretty serious offence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    A criminal offence has surely been uncovered. Fraud is a pretty serious offence

Completely. Agree with that in relation to the make-up school but it's hard to prove fraud in relation to some of the other things highlighted and some were more not noting it was advertising than fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

In the next three months... Yawn..

Advertisement