Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

ganmo wrote: »
    It never turns out well when Germany go to Russia

True, this is crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Well holy god. Neither of them through. Germany need 4 goals in the next 2 minutes

tanko wrote: »
    Are they ok now????

Aye. They got up and left when the second goal went in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭emaherx

ganmo wrote: »
    ‘Are ya working?’

‘Ya I’m flat out!’

36308845_1872910762767251_8081858493667082240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1b5419de1dc1a8821ddc5260a826fb79&oe=5BB800A1

My fields starting to look like that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Got very hot during the day baling hay. All done now and heading to the green way for a cycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Have been noticing a strong smell of ration/meal/nuts, whatever you call it at work and at the house over the hot spell. Neither place has ration or anything like it nearby. Anyone else getting that smell? Could it be related to the hot spell??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Spent the day in A&E with daughter. If the illness didn't get ya the heat definitely would. and she couldn't eat/drink in case it was her appendix! Home about an hour and both of us killed out - a day on the tractor would have been preferable. She's okay but it will take me the rest of the week to get over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    Have been noticing a strong smell of ration/meal/nuts, whatever you call it at work and at the house over the hot spell. Neither place has ration or anything like it nearby. Anyone else getting that smell? Could it be related to the hot spell??

Take a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Quick one. If a dealer swapped a cow with a farmer, can the dealer do everything online?
    Was told he could.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

I see other people on the weather forum are getting the same smell too.
    The possibility they came to is cooking tree sap with the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

I see other people on the weather forum are getting the same smell too.
    The possibility they came to is cooking tree sap with the heat.

We had a group of Latvian farmers on tour yesterday. So I took a little break while I was heading down the field, I stopped in the gap which is surrounded by trees, it’s nice and shady and I got much the same funny smell. I thought I was either losing it or it was from my pipe.
    Yee both have solved the mystery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Anyone buy da comic yet, just curious about what a rogue inspector does?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

blue5000 wrote: »
    Anyone buy da comic yet, just curious about what a rogue inspector does?

Checks the redness of your sunburn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

We need a best farmer tan thread!!

Id be well in the running!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Checked cows on the outfarm this morning and they had the drinker pucked down the field, ballcock off but the arm wasn't snapped which was very strange. Very thirsty too but water running into the gripe from the pipe off the joint.

And what had the fcukers done. Restricted the water supply and told the houses, not the farms. There's a chap that rings us giving out of we have a leak even for half a day. He'll get rightly fcuked out of it next time he rings :mad:

Checked cows on the outfarm this morning and they had the drinker pucked down the field, ballcock off but the arm wasn't snapped which was very strange. Very thirsty too but water running into the gripe from the pipe off the joint.

And what had the fcukers done. Restricted the water supply and told the houses, not the farms. There's a chap that rings us giving out of we have a leak even for half a day. He'll get rightly fcuked out of it next time he rings :mad:

The local water pump installer supposedly here is run off his feet with enquiries about people looking to get off the group water scheme in this weather.

This is an incredible story that should be in the I bet you didn't know that thread but sure anyways it's an amazing story about the life of Charles Hatfield the American "Rainmaker".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hatfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

We've the well here on the homefarm but just use the scheme up there for summer grazing. Just really bloody annoying that they critisise us for a leak and then they go and do something like that which could have caused serious issues with stock. And they'll have no issue ending out the bill :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Galway Dublin train hit a herd of cattle, 8 animals hurt and train damaged apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Mooooo wrote: »
    Galway Dublin train hit a herd of cattle, 8 animals hurt and train damaged apparently

Ya just heard on the news there. Outside tullamore apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Clear here test. One less thing to worry about:D

Check on your elderly neighbours. This weather is nearly harder on them than the snow and ice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Passed an oldish a few times today building a stone wall. Bought him a magnum(shop sold out of choc ices and icebergers) he nearly hugged me when I gave it to him. I’d say he was hardly given a glass of water by the people in the house he was working on.

My eldest sister is home from uk for her hen. We never thought she would get married. It was her birthday last week so the small girls wanted to have a surprise party for her. BBQ and finally got flag out.

454499.jpeg

454500.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Poor Engerland are a goal down against Belguim....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,474 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Poor Engerland are a goal down against Belguim....

Maybe football is going away rather than home ?

_Brian wrote: »
    Maybe football is going away rather than home ?

They have qualified for the next round any way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,474 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Spent the last 5 nights up in Antrim and I must say it’s a beautiful county.

We stayed in a campsite right on the edge of Bushmills town, fantastic place.

Some savage tracts of land to be seen.

Beautiful coastline.

Along with the usual things we did “The Gobbins” cliff walk. It’s a Victorian attraction that was rebuilt and reopened in 2014, it’s an attraction to rival the Causeway or Carrick a Rede Rooe bridge, just less heard of.

http://www.thegobbinscliffpath.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

_Brian wrote: »
    Spent the last 5 nights up in Antrim and I must say it’s a beautiful county.

We stayed in a campsite right on the edge of Bushmills town, fantastic place.

Some savage tracts of land to be seen.

Beautiful coastline.

Along with the usual things we did “The Gobbins” cliff walk. It’s a Victorian attraction that was rebuilt and reopened in 2014, it’s an attraction to rival the Causeway or Carrick a Rede Rooe bridge, just less heard of.

http://www.thegobbinscliffpath.com/

You wouldn’t have been far from McNaughtens estate Brian. Savage ground, makes close on £500 /acre a year for rent for spuds. Jalex tried to buy it few years ago but Randox bought it at about £3mill.

• Advertisement

Young lad up the road is helping out at home while we are away. His driving test was booked for 3pm yesterday. He sat in the room waiting to be called. After a while he enquired what the story was. The tester called in sick yesterday morning and he wasn't notified that his test was cancelled. He now has to reapply. That's a load of crap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement