Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured/Retired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

TheTorment wrote: »

They must be kicking themselves at not retiring him last year, although they are only losing one year and the horse's reputation isn't too badly damaged.

Imagine the pile of money that The Grey Gatsby would have amassed in stud fees by now if they'd retired him after he beat Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Flemenshill has passed on.. Rather expensive p2p purchase at 480'000 Tizzard announced at his open day yesterday

Edit: suffered a heart attack after a light piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just touching on Mark Johnston and over racing his horses. Anytime I seem to watch a 1m 2f-1m 4f handicap race Sennockian Star always seems to be running in them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just touching on Mark Johnston and over racing his horses. Anytime I seem to watch a 1m 2f-1m 4f handicap race Sennockian Star always seems to be running in them :pac:

Just the 20 runs so far this year :eek:

Fayonagh put down after gallops accident. Tough on owners. Could have been special.

http://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Fayonagh-sustains-fatal-gallops-injury&prid=186558

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

TheTorment wrote: »
    Fayonagh put down after gallops accident. Tough on owners. Could have been special.

http://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Fayonagh-sustains-fatal-gallops-injury&prid=186558

Fcuk that's awful news. The bumper performance was special.

Feel for Elliott too losing her and Mega Fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Unbelievable bad luck for Gordon again today, lucky pass slips after line, fatally injured, after winning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Not sure if true but read a random tweet saying soon to be bad news regarding Douvan, let’s just see eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sire De Grugy to have a much deserved retirement.

Starchitect a fatality today at Cheltenham.

Some good news though, Three Swallowsnick who I had thought would never see a race course again after a very serious injury won a P2P at Borris House today. This is one to keep tabs on, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Douvan misses rest of season. RP just tweeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Douvan misses rest of season. RP just tweeted.
    Min v altior in cc now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Fu*k Mullins the crook.

It’s been known for a few months now that Douvan is injured and will be retired but he didn’t tell us so people would back it Ante-Post and make bookies millions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Fu*k Mullins the crook.

It’s been known for a few months now that Douvan is injured and will be retired but he didn’t tell us so people would back it Ante-Post and make bookies millions

This is a scandalous comment . Owner has been unlucky when you think how good it looked with faugheen, vautor, douvan 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fu*k Mullins the crook.

Hahahaha that is idiotic

It’s not idiotic

ruby was saying yesterday how the horse is in top condition and is all systems go for leopardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

you Really think people were putting millions on douvan ante post? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Fu*k Mullins the crook.

Trolling
    A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

You post does not comply with the Horse Racing Forum Charter.

Why would a well-known horse trainer want people to back a horse antepost so that a bookmaker would make millions?
    A horse trainer is employed by his owners, and answers to them.
    The antepost 2018 Cheltenham Gold Cup market on Betfair at the moment is Eur 180,840 (all the horses entered) which I think counts both the bet and the lay.
    My guess is the Gold Cup is the biggest antepost betting race, and the Betfair market is bigger than any bookmaker book on the race, and is not "millions" on one horse.

I have laboured the point a little, to allow you and others the opportunity to learn, and mend your posting style.

Have a read of the Charter, and follow it when posting.

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Fu*k Mullins the crook.

• Advertisement

Please no more comments about the posts by ANDREWMUFC.
    I have sent him a PM.

Perhaps posters are unaware how horse trainers operate.
    Douvan is entered in five races, three of those at Cheltenham.
    It is usual practice for horse trainers to multi-enter horses in races, many months in advance.
    A trainer may enter multiple horses in one race.
    The decision about which race a horse runs in depends on training, unknowable factors such as the going on the day, and opposition in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Ah poor oul Willie. At least he done us the favour of telling us the horse is out/injured, more than he done at Cheltenham when he let it run while no where near right and costing punters. A friend of mine had a 5K double Altior and Douvan at Chelt. Guy is pretty shrewd and has some connections and doesn't bat an eyelid if one of his bets go down. But afterwards it was trickling from the Mullins stable that staff weren't surprised when it was beaten as Douvan wasn't right. Should never have run at Cheltenham.

I'll give Mullins one thing though, when he tells an owner a horse will win it usually does. Another mate had some horses with him for a number of years and we'd back them throughout the day say at prices of 9/4 (guide price) it would return 7/2 - 4/1 at the off and p!ss up. I'm not sure if all prices go like that but we noticed once the 'owner' money was down, after that the price would drift big time.

DubInTheWest
    Nice to hear your stories. No facts, just stories.
    Perhaps you would go to the Forum Charter and read the After Timing thread

READ THIS-After Timing
    After timing extremely annoying
    Please don't come into a thread after the race has been run and say 'Aw get in had 20 on him'' ''Backed him at 9/2 this morning '' unless you have mentioned it beforehand.
    There will be warning slaps and bans it's incredibly annoying

I'm just bumping this thread to yet again remind people, both regular and not-so-regular posters, to please stop after timing. It's extremely annoying to everyone. Final warning. Infractions will follow from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

They'll get very little sympathy from me.

Filth.

It’s rumbled quite a few

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Ya Ruby was on itv yesterday saying he was the finest

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

His connection with PP stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Motivator

Ah poor oul Willie. At least he done us the favour of telling us the horse is out/injured, more than he done at Cheltenham when he let it run while no where near right and costing punters. A friend of mine had a 5K double Altior and Douvan at Chelt. Guy is pretty shrewd and has some connections and doesn't bat an eyelid if one of his bets go down. But afterwards it was trickling from the Mullins stable that staff weren't surprised when it was beaten as Douvan wasn't right. Should never have run at Cheltenham.

Your friend might have had the bet, I can’t say he did or he didn’t, but your comments about the staff in Mullins’ yard is wrong information or is just a blatant lie by you.

Are you seriously trying to say that the horse was injured but Ricci and Mullins ran him anyway? And that staff in Mullins’ yard knew about Douvan being injured? Some of the stuff spouted on here about Willie Mullins is just incredible.

I don’t agree with some of the stuff that goes on regarding transparency and ante post markets etc. but some of the stuff that’s written her is unbelievable.

Finally, my biggest gripe with all of the carry on with Douvan and the Tingle Creek last year and this year and what happened in the Champion Chase is with Ruby Walsh. He said himself the horse wasn’t travelling about 1 mile out but he rode him out instead of pulling him up. He had no reason to keep driving him into fences when he had clearly hurt himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Motivator wrote: »
    Your friend might have had the bet, I can’t say he did or he didn’t, but your comments about the staff in Mullins’ yard is wrong information or is just a blatant lie by you.

Are you seriously trying to say that the horse was injured but Ricci and Mullins ran him anyway? And that staff in Mullins’ yard knew about Douvan being injured? Some of the stuff spouted on here about Willie Mullins is just incredible.

I don’t agree with some of the stuff that goes on regarding transparency and ante post markets etc. but some of the stuff that’s written her is unbelievable.

Finally, my biggest gripe with all of the carry on with Douvan and the Tingle Creek last year and this year and what happened in the Champion Chase is with Ruby Walsh. He said himself the horse wasn’t travelling about 1 mile out but he rode him out instead of pulling him up. He had no reason to keep driving him into fences when he had clearly hurt himself.

My comments are not wrong and why would I lie ? The horse wasn't right and they ran him end of. Obviously they thought even if he wasn't 100% he'd win. It was wrong to run him. This was well known in the hours afterwards. Here's a snippet of it >> https://www.racingpost.com/news/owner-ricci-says-mullins-team-were-never-happy-with-douvan-last-season/308305

Look I don't claim to know everything about racing. In fact I couldn't care less about Douvan, Altior, Faugheen or any horse for that matter. When I owned horses back in the good oul days, I cared for my horses while I owned them, not because I loved them but because I wanted to earn a few quid off of them. As soon as they moved on, or broke down on the gallops and were put down, that was it. I couldn't give a sh!t about racing to me its just a financial transaction but my whole point of posting in this thread was to say I just think it was very wrong of Mullins to run Douvan at Cheltenham when he wasn't right. I'm not saying the horse was down and out injured when he ran but he wasn't right and something was definitely wrong and Mullins, Ricci and the staff knew about it. Punters put their faith in Mullins and the horse and were let down.

Some of you are just so over-sensitive about horses, remember, financial transactions is all they are.....

Advertisement