Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Yankees announce Gary Sanchez out for 4 weeks with biceps strain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »
    Toronto claim Ty Kelly off waivers from the Mets. A pity to loose him. He was a good utility guy to have around

I'm not too disappointed to see him go to be honest. Always looked like a frightened rabbit at the plate and I much prefer TJ Rivera's bat even if he isn't as useful in the field.

Yankees announce Jordan Montgomery as their 5th Starter.. he debuts tomorrow against the Rays

• Just got word that I will be going San Francisco at the end of month, going to catch the A's last game against the Mariners on the 23rd and one of the Giants games that week against the Dodgers.

Particularly looking forward to AT&T Park but good to get a couple of stadiums off the list.

Also, convinced a couple of my friends to go to Detroit for a Jays - Tigers weekend series in July which should be good, really looking forward Comerica

What are other ballparks people have visited? Favourites? Want to go to's? Experiences?

Just got word that I will be going San Francisco at the end of month, going to catch the A's last game against the Mariners on the 23rd and one of the Giants games that week against the Dodgers.

Particularly looking forward to AT&T Park but good to get a couple of stadiums off the list.

Also, convinced a couple of my friends to go to Detroit for a Jays - Tigers weekend series in July which should be good, really looking forward Comerica

What are other ballparks people have visited? Favourites? Want to go to's? Experiences?

Only been to CitiField and Wrigley myself. Like everyone else probably, I'd love to go to Fenway and the other ones that look great on TV - AT&T, Pittsburgh's and Baltimore's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just got word that I will be going San Francisco at the end of month, going to catch the A's last game against the Mariners on the 23rd and one of the Giants games that week against the Dodgers.

Been to Safeco Field, Citi Field, AT&T Park, O.co Coliseum and Angel's Stadium.

The first three are good stadiums, you can't beat the view from the upper levels of the AT&T Park down the first base line.

The last two were dumps however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I got in games in Oakland and San Francisco on our trip to the West Coast last year.

Along with AT&T and O.co, I've been to games at Rodgers Centre, Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Citi Field and Citizens Bank Park.

Wrigley is definitely at the top of the list of parks I want to get a game in...

Starting a tradition at this stage

proo8rSl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Favorite: Citi Field
    Great parks: Wrigley, Fenway, Safeco (great food at Safeco)
    Really good parks that flow together in my memory: Camden Yards, Y****e Stadium

The others I remember well don't exist anymore :) The Vet - was a dump, actually, Olympic Stadium in Montreal, great place and of course Shea Stadium, my all-time favorite park

Good thing that the Leafs/Raptors are in the playoffs, helps distract from the poor start the Blue Jays have had.

Not that I can talk about the Mariners.

• Advertisement

• Good thing that the Leafs/Raptors are in the playoffs, helps distract from the poor start the Blue Jays have had.

Not that I can talk about the Mariners.

Great stuff from Stroman but have absolutely no faith in the offence. Seems like if there is a double play on, they play into it and if there are people on base they are going to be stranded.

I don't want to hit the panic button at all but I am sort of slowly resigning myself to the fact that it may be time to pay the piper for those trades and going 'all in' in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Meh. Losing streaks are always amplified in the first few weeks. Still only 4.5 games back in the division. It's really, really early. They'll come good.

Mets/Marlins into the 16th. Down to the last reliever each and de Grom's already pinch hit.

Mets/Marlins into the 16th. Down to the last reliever each and de Grom's already pinch hit.

At last. It's over. Good night.

Love having Cespedes on the team. I still remember the thrill 2 years ago when I learned about his being acquired from the thread here.

HOF! HOF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Igotadose wrote: »
    Love having Cespedes on the team. I still remember the thrill 2 years ago when I learned about his being acquired from the thread here.

HOF! HOF!

He's going through a seriously hot streak and a joy to watch. To be fair the lad Bruce isn't doing too bad either

• mod9maple wrote: »
    Meh. Losing streaks are always amplified in the first few weeks. Still only 4.5 games back in the division. It's really, really early. They'll come good.

Just listening to TSN, they are saying Atkins and Shapiro should be putting things in to place for trades

This is not the way it was supposed to be! Donaldson injured again now too:(

The positive thing is tickets for a Friday night game are $6 USD (stubhub) which is ridiculous compared to what they have been last 2 seasons. it is early season though

1000 post, woot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

mod9maple wrote: »

Just listening to TSN, they are saying Atkins and Shapiro should be putting things in to place for trades

I tell you what. If they're really struggling by the AS break and blow it up they'll get some return from certain assets. Might be a great chance to restock and retool the farm. It's still ridiculously early though. A few series win and they'll turn it around. The pitching is too good, the hitters too, for them to fall apart.

Kershaw vs. Greinke tonight. Most expensive pitching match up in history.

• Game last night was entertaining at least, Sanchez was not at his best, the Machado error was very enjoyable but they got the last laugh. Don't think they got 1 walk last night, I could be wrong

Going again tomorrow for a JA Happ start.

Today is a great day though! Jays game, followed by Raptors game 1, followed by leafs game 2 with Toronto FC thrown in too. Going to be crazy later on

• Advertisement

Pirates OF Marte gone for 80 games.. PED Suspension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Pirates OF Marte gone for 80 games.. PED Suspension

Serious loss for the Pirates. I read his statement. At least he didn't trot out the usual crap about having no idea how the drug got into his system and try to deflect blame.

ShyMets wrote: »
    Serious loss for the Pirates. I read his statement. At least he didn't trot out the usual crap about having no idea how the drug got into his system and try to deflect blame.

Yeah, nice to see him not saying his drink must have been spiked or something.

Ichiro smacked a home run in probably his last at bat in Safeco Field. You couldn't make it up.

Ichiro smacked a home run in probably his last at bat in Safeco Field. You couldn't make it up.

He'll probably still be playing when he's 50..!!

He'll probably still be playing when he's 50..!!

Could be!

I watched the home run a few times and can't help but feel that it was a set up. The pitch looked to be a decent height, left over the plate. The Mariners were 10-4 up and it was top 9th. Maybe I'm just being too cynical but you have to remember that Ichiro was famous for not hitting HR.

This guy needs to go, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ngel_Hern%C3%A1ndez_(umpire)

brings out the worst in the Mets. Who have Duda and d'Arnaud hurt, and still have Montero who has some amazing stat like 24 baserunners allowed in 6.2 innings pitched. Hard to do and stay on a roster.

Igotadose wrote: »
    brings out the worst in the Mets. Who have Duda and d'Arnaud hurt

Add Cespedes to that list now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Could be!

I watched the home run a few times and can't help but feel that it was a set up. The pitch looked to be a decent height, left over the plate. The Mariners were 10-4 up and it was top 9th. Maybe I'm just being too cynical but you have to remember that Ichiro was famous for not hitting HR.

Its not like giving up a penalty ... It still takes a huge amount of skill to knock it out of the park regardless of if it's straight down the middle or not. Jeter hit one out for his 3,000th hit as well. Sometimes great players just do great things in the moment and Ichiro is a great player!

Advertisement