Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Case JX100U

• 09-03-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Just wondering if a JX100U was the same tractor as a New Holland Tla100?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

yes, but different to the TS model

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lstmd

Was looking at a JX100U. Wanted to be sure it was similar to the TLA100. Confused about the different Case numbers and letters. My understanding is the JXU105 is also similar to the TLA100?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭Sami23

lstmd wrote: »
    Was looking at a JX100U. Wanted to be sure it was similar to the TLA100. Confused about the different Case numbers and letters. My understanding is the JXU105 is also similar to the TLA100?

Thanks

What year and sort of money are you looking at

€28,500
    4k hrs

Don't mind the year as long as hours are low and the tractor is clean.

€28,500
    4k hrs

Don't mind the year as long as hours are low and the tractor is clean.

Jas that's a lot for 14 year old tractor. I would have thought nearer to 20k would be about right.
    Wonder could much be saved by buying across the water or up north ?

• Advertisement

I think up North saves against an Irish tractor but a lot of garages are importing these tractors from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Sami23 wrote: »
    Jas that's a lot for 14 year old tractor. I would have thought nearer to 20k would be about right.
    Wonder could much be saved by buying across the water or up north ?

+1. Must have a loader on it to be asking that sort of money. Low to mid 20's depending on condition etc, if there is a loader on it.

I think up North saves against an Irish tractor but a lot of garages are importing these tractors from the UK.

So if we could buy directly from UK we should save a nice bit.
    Just to find a reliable UK seller is the next problem.

I see Alexanders in Antrim have a 2013 JXU 105 with loader for 28500 sterling only 1300 hours. That really makes the 2003 very expensive
    I know there is the currency change and vat but even still.

Anyone know if Alexanders are dear or cheap to buy from ?

Tractor has no loader. How do you find a reliable UK dealer. Take a chance without looking at the tractor. I'd be a bit nervous about doing that.

Tractor has no loader. How do you find a reliable UK dealer. Take a chance without looking at the tractor. I'd be a bit nervous about doing that.

I know I'd b the same. Maby if you heard of others that mite have bought over there etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Who do we wire the money to? :cool:

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭king_m

I think the case has a different engine to the new Holland.
    The case has an iveco engine whilst the new Holland has a CNH Diesel, every thing else is the same I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Maywood

I will take some photos and post them for you.I am a private owner, not a dealer and we used this tractor on our livery yard in Surrey, it just towed a trailer half a mile to the compost centre every few weeks. It still has the original polyethene on the headlining, the PTO has never been used, it still has the original plastic cover on it. There is no wear at all on the driver's seat (as you would expect) It has been serviced twice by Oaks Bros in Reading. It also has Nokian Tyres with zero wear.
    I will post the pictures tomorrow as, I am not on the yard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Can we all get a PM! Thanks!

Just sent the pm. If I could post the link in the main thread, I would, but the system will not allow it. This tractor is not advertised anywhere else and never has been. I just made the one-page website with the pictures as I also run a marketing company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Maywood you should be able to post link to website .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭stanflt

Maywood wrote: »
    No need for www!

Who in Oakes do you deal with-
    Family are machinery dealers with new holland agency and I know that they know all the lads over there

Could get them to check the tractor out and bring it over

Is the tractor available for viewing- there heading over to reading next week so they could swing by and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭White Clover

Maywood, could you post a picture of inside the cab please?

Hi White Clover
    I have sent you a pm with some slightly dusty interior images!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Let the bidding begin :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

kay 9 wrote: »
    Let the bidding begin :D

I wonder how many people will buy it?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭king_m

So who has purchased themselves a new tractor???????????????:D:D:D

Nice tractor for whoever buys.

Just did a bit of research there and in 2006 my father bought a new holland tl90a for 26000 all in but it had no loader

Add 8 k for a decent loader and that brings it to 34k new

Are these tractors seriously overpriced
    27 sterling is nearly 33ooo euro for a 10 yr old tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭White Clover

stanflt wrote: »
    Just did a bit of research there and in 2006 my father bought a new holland tl90a for 26000 all in but it had no loader

Add 8 k for a decent loader and that brings it to 34k new

Are these tractors seriously overpriced
    27 sterling is nearly 33ooo euro for a 10 yr old tractor

You have a point, or else they don't depreciate!
    Yours is 2wd? Would 4wd have cost much more?

You have a point, or else they don't depreciate!
    Yours is 2wd? Would 4wd have cost much more?

Only 1500 as a 2wd was a special order

It's actually keenly priced as s/h machines have held value and appreciated over the past few years.

So, I found this thread by googling "anyone looking for a Case JX100u Tractor" Lots of great discussion but no serious buyers! This tractor needs to be sold, I will take any sensible offer if there is anyone on the thread who seriously wants an almost new tractor at a great price. If I don't receive any offers in the next couple of days I will advertise it in the UK mainstream farming press.

So, I found this thread by googling "anyone looking for a Case JX100u Tractor" Lots of great discussion but no serious buyers! This tractor needs to be sold, I will take any sensible offer if there is anyone on the thread who seriously wants an almost new tractor at a great price. If I don't receive any offers in the next couple of days I will advertise it in the UK mainstream farming press.

You do know this is a farming forum and not a buy and sell website?

God knows how you were let get this far.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Of course, I know it's a farming forum! I am working on the basis that Farmers buy tractors......

Then read the forum charter.

Check the advertising sh1te for sale part.

Advertisement