Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Village

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Woodies 50% off Christmas decorations started !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

After having it on my mind for a few years, this year we eventually started to build a Christmas Village scene, for our bay window.
    Planning started for this last December, in terms of buying figurines etc.

We've built up a small, but decent collection over the past 12 months and my wife and I eventually started to build the village last month.

We installed it in our window last night. I am quite please with progress!! Will add to it over the next 12 months and we have some more ideas but as a first go at it, we are happy with the result.

Almost everything comes from the Lemax collection with the exception of two "foreign objects" which are filling some gaps this year.

We'd a couple of late additions which means some wires are visible but we're working on plan for those..
    It's been a mostly enjoyable experience and a good team project for us :D

435318.jpg

435321.jpg

435319.jpg

435320.jpg

435322.jpg

435329.jpg

435328.jpg

435327.jpg

435326.jpg

435325.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Uriel that is unreal!!

I absolutely love it.

Thanks, few little snags here and there but am happy with it for sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is incredible!! :eek:
    I love the water fountain, gorgeous.

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I thought my Christmas Village was class, I realise now that I'm an amateur :P It's fabulous, Uriel! Love it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How much space does it cover?

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I thought my Christmas Village was class, I realise now that I'm an amateur :P It's fabulous, Uriel! Love it!

Lol thanks. My wife needs to take most of the credit. She's the Artist :)

beertons wrote: »
    How much space does it cover?

Oh not that much really I'd need to measure when I get home, I bought the base wood sheet in woodies about 9 months ago, so can't remember the size. It's probably 3.5 x 1.5 foot. Maybe less.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Uriel. wrote: »
    Oh not that much really I'd need to measure when I get home, I bought the base wood sheet in woodies about 9 months ago, so can't remember the size. It's probably 3.5 x 1.5 foot. Maybe less.

Wow, it looks mahoosive.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Loads of building types, both electric & battery, all reduced to half price in Woodies

This is my set up that I have in the bay window of our house.
    I never got around to posting a video on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Wow cool,have to leave mine in the shed for the next few year as the little ones will wreck it

Ah mine are constantly pulling things off it... sure its for them more than me. I just break a finger for every item they touch 🀣lol

How is everyone doing this time..!?

Anyone improving, extending, setting up new??

Im a couple of days off veing finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Set up a small lego Christmas village this year but 4 year old has completely wrecked it.....some new lego builds were very inventive like hanging lego figures from the Christmas lights across the ice rink. I actually don’t know wether to laugh or cry. Will post a photo if I get a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I just need to pop the figures into my Crib, add a few tealights into the hollow houses, and done!

I usually add one house each year: but this year my OH found a series of lighted houses at Lidl and bought the whole string for me. So now we have two villages!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, that sounds lovely!! :)

Advertisement