Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking forward to seeing all the big names at a normal timezone :)

Didnt know about this :: GMAC lashes out at Scottish Open and then apologises for it after being called out on it by his fellow pros

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2359741/Graeme-McDowell-says-sorry-insulting-Scottish-Open-course-backlash-Ernie-Els.html
    Graeme McDowell called the sponsors of this week’s Scottish Open to apologise for his outspoken criticism of the tournament.

The former US Open champion has been the subject of a backlash by fellow pros for claiming that the event had lost its prestige by moving to the ‘easy’ links of Castle Stuart.

But Martin Gilbert, chief executive of title sponsors Aberdeen Asset Management, last night revealed: ‘Graeme has been in touch to apologise and he’s not the first person to say something they regret, so we’ve got not problems whatsoever with him.

For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Didnt know about this :: GMAC lashes out at Scottish Open and then apologises for it after being called out on it by his fellow pros

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2359741/Graeme-McDowell-says-sorry-insulting-Scottish-Open-course-backlash-Ernie-Els.html

For shame!

Ah, that is a nothing story if I ever seen one Ricky.

He didn't lash out, he wasn't called out by his fellow pros.

He said the course was easy, which both the Sponsors CEO and Els also admitted to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Peter Lawrie is having a right nightmare as well unfortunately. Will need a big day tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

big_drive wrote: »
    Where does a player need to finish on the money list to gain a tour card for the following season?

Is it top 120 or so?

Just said top 115 on the race to Dubai list on the Scottish open coverage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

damm sky go isn't working!!

ajcurry123 wrote: »

He said the course was easy, which both the Sponsors CEO and Els also admitted to.

I'm trying to generate some banters! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

117 players broke par. McDowell was dead right.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Padraig Harrington broke par. McDowell was dead right.

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

ajcurry123 wrote: »

He also said he wanted to play in the French because it had a stronger field. Paul Laurie wasn't happy with his comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

117 players broke par. McDowell was dead right.

I agree completely.

The cut is looking like -3 at this stage!

There were lots of people on complaining about Carton House and how bland it was etc etc but at least it presented the pro's with a genuine challenge ...meanwhile I watched Castle Stuart yesterday and talk about a lame set-up. I practically fell asleep watching the 'action'.

If this was supposed to get the pros in the links frame of mind for next week then they needed to set up the course harder...a lot harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

It still doesn't really explain why the event used to have a much better field when it was played at Loch Lomond. Surely the easiest of links courses would still be a far better preparation for the Open than Loch Lomond could ever be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Is the field any weaker than last weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Don't know where this belongs, but anyone watching the seniors open in birkdale?
    Langer just chipped the most beautiful shot. Very unlucky not to drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

It seems like this tread has ruined general discussion on tournaments. Can we not go back to a thread to each individual tournament? This thread has been running since April and theres only six pages, very poor effort which shows it isnt working.

In other news:

Michael Hoey 6 shots clear in Russia, great performance by an Irish man

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It seems like this tread has ruined general discussion on tournaments. Can we not go back to a thread to each individual tournament? This thread has been running since April and theres only six pages, very poor effort which shows it isnt working.

In other news:

Michael Hoey 6 shots clear in Russia, great performance by an Irish man

How may many people do you reckon would have started a thread for each of the European tour? How many posts were there this time last year?
    The European tour is always going to be the poor cousin of the PGA.

Also I notice you didnt bother to make a new thread yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Hoey 5 clear after 11 holes, another (hopefully) Irish winner to follow Thornton and GMac.

How come this isn't on Sky :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭abff

Hoey won by 4 in the end. Got a bit close when his lead was reduced to 2 with 2 holes to play, but he birdied the 17th while his two closest rivals were dropping shorts on the 18th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Job done for Hoey, €166k richer.

As regards no Sky coverage, perhaps a co-sanctioned event with the challenge tour?

How come this isn't on Sky :confused:

I presume because there are very few well known players in the field and they didn't feel it justified the expense of sending a team to Russia. The highest ranked player in the field was Gaganjeet Bhullar with an OWGR ranking of 141 and there were only 8 other players from the top 200.

As regards no Sky coverage, perhaps a co-sanctioned event with the challenge tour?

I think it's a full European Tour event. There's a Challenge Tour event taking place in France.

Thats 5 wins in 5 seasons for Hoey, regardless of the stature of the tournaments that is very impressive.

mod edit

moved to feedback thread

mod edit

moved to feedback thread

Ok, thanks for that I did not realise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Thats 5 wins in 5 seasons for Hoey, regardless of the stature of the tournaments that is very impressive.

Yes savage going alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'd say they didn't see it worth their while to send the gear all that way - no big names playing. And then there are a lot of big names playing in the seniors at Brikdale.....probably thought more people would be interested in that. And probably right. But I for one was disappointed not to see Hoey get his win - great for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Brian Keogh ‏@IrishGolfDesk 1h

@shanelowrygolf @MikeHoeyNI Eight Top-10s since he turned pro but 5 of them are wins. Amazing.

That's mad stuff altogether.

• Advertisement

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Don't know where this belongs, but anyone watching the seniors open in birkdale?
    Langer just chipped the most beautiful shot. Very unlucky not to drop.

Such a joy watching Langer at the moment, sensational stuff. So enjoyable to watch. Looks extremely fit and strong for an over 50 too.

Leading by 3.

Advertisement