Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Funny Side of not being straight.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Tonight:

Friend of a Friend: "You're bi right?"
    Me: "Yup"
    FoaF: "There's this tranny at the bar... you could get two for the price of one man!"
    Me: "......."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Tonight:

Friend of a Friend: "You're bi right?"
    Me: "Yup"
    FoaF: "There's this tranny at the bar... you could get two for the price of one man!"
    Me: "......."

lol I love it. How do you even respond to that? *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I remember a few years ago when both my partner and I were still living in London and we were back here on a visit, we barrowed my Mothers car to visit my Brothers family, in the arse of nowhere.

My nephew who was about nine at that stage was playing in his back garden and we were just chatting away.

Looking at me intensely he asked:

Nephew: "Uncle **** why are you driving Nanas’ car?"

Me: "Well….. We don’t need a Car because we live in a very big city and they have a thing called public transport with Trains, Busses and Tubes…. Really there’s no need for me or **** to own a car, we manage to get around quite well without owning a Car; sure it’s too much trouble in a large city anyway."

Again he looks at me intensely….

Nephew: "Do you have a wife Uncle ****?"

Me: "No I don’t have a wife!"

Nephew: "Does **** (My Partner) have a wife?"

Me: "No **** doesn’t not have a wife!"

Nephew: "WHY??"

I thought to myself; WTF am I going to say… so I went for it! Stuttering to start with…

Me: "Wwe …We don’t have wives because we have one another, like mummy and daddy have each other." (Short and simple)

He looks at me with this look of confusion on his little mug and says:

Nephew: "I DON’T understand I JUST don’t understand at ALL????"

My heart sank! Why didn’t I keep my big mouth shut!

Me: "What don’t you understand???"

Nephew: "WHY, WHY you DON'T have a car??"

Phew…. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

lst wrote: »
    If your sensitive don't read it... Im posting it as a gay man who takes it with a pinch of salt so please do same!!!

Sorry, I read it, I got annoyed. I'm probably a bit too sensitive, but I don't know what's worse, the disgusting levels of homophobia or the disgusting amount of misogyny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

lst wrote: »
    If your sensitive don't read it... Im posting it as a gay man who takes it with a pinch of salt so please do same!!!

[/SPOILER]

Read it too *Shudder* :confused:

This ad always cracks me up aswell as the countless parodies:

carpetdrapes.png

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ I *love* C&H :D

More SMBC:

20100713.gif

• Advertisement

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dinocarlo

Some light-hearted stuff going on at this Facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/100-ways-you-know-youre-Irish-and-gay/144423512239128

e.g.

1. You have more opinions on what Anne Doyle is wearing than on what she's saying.

2. You have guys in your phone book with names like Conor Offaly and Liam Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Links234 wrote: »

Crap now you got me addicted to Everyone is Gay!

Hilarious website..

Taken from: http://www.robinwood.com/Democracy/Pride/PrideEssays/YouLesbian.html

If you are a woman and…

You own more power tools than you do pairs of shoes, you may be a lesbian.
    Your idea of "dressing up" is changing into your "good" jeans, you may be a lesbian.
    You use your oven primarily for storage, you may be a lesbian.
    You frequently look at Christmas presents from your mother and wonder, "What does she expect me to do with this?" you may be a lesbian.
    You have no idea how to put on makeup, but know exactly how to fix the toilet, you may be a lesbian.
    The phrase "Dykes on Bikes" makes your heart swell with Pride, you may be a lesbian.
    Your "everyday purse" is a photographer's vest, you may be a lesbian.
    Your first thought when you see long, perfectly polished fingernails is "ouch!", you may be a lesbian.
    You think combing your hair more than once a day is a waste of time, you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever referred with disdain to "Girlie Stuff," you may be a lesbian.
    You habitually keep your hands in your pockets, you may be a lesbian.
    The phrase "act like a Lady" gives you bad flashbacks from your childhood, you may be a lesbian.
    Your "good shoes" are the tenny-runners without any holes, you may be a lesbian.
    Your clothing is always chosen for comfort, not fashion, you may be a lesbian.
    Your idea of "comfort food" is a beer, you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever seriously threatened the "perfume girl" in a department store with bodily harm, you may be a lesbian.
    You determine if your clothing is "clean enough" by smelling it, you may be a lesbian.
    You can pack for a weekend in a "day pack" with room to spare, you may be a lesbian.
    You can change to "go out" in less than five minutes, you may be a lesbian.
    Your downstairs neighbor calls you to fix her plumbing, her cabinets, her small appliances, etc. you may be a lesbian.
    A saleswoman has ever said, "Yes, sir?" to you, you may be a lesbian.
    Your closet is totally devoid of skirts or dresses (if you don't count the ones your mother gave you,) you may be a lesbian.
    Your idea of a stunning piece of jewelry involves a double-bladed axe, you may be a lesbian.
    You own every album ever released by k.d. lang, Melissa Ethridge, and the Indigo Girls, you may be a lesbian.
    You never put your car in the shop for an oil change because it's so easy to do it yourself, you may be a lesbian.
    You love getting flowers, but are somehow ashamed to admit it, you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever been surprised that a friend didn't know how to rewire a lamp, you may be a lesbian.
    As a child, you dissected your dolls to find out how the joints worked, you may be a lesbian.
    As a child, after you dissected your dolls, you had no problem putting them back together, you may be a lesbian.
    You are amazed to find out that Dr. Martin also makes women's shoes, you may be a lesbian.
    You think "fixing your nails" involves a pair of clippers. Period. you may be a lesbian.
    You know exactly how to use a soldering iron, but are totally at a loss when faced with a curling iron, you may be a lesbian.
    You think "lipstick" is an adjective, you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever trimmed your nails with a pair of diagonal cutters, you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever shaved your legs with your knife, you may be a lesbian.
    You think "butch" is a compliment, you may be a lesbian.
    You eat whenever you are hungry, you may be a lesbian.
    You tend to think of food as "fuel," you may be a lesbian.
    Your workbench is spotless, but your sink is full of dishes, you may be a lesbian.
    Fine china makes you nervous, you may be a lesbian.
    You know people who would spend real money for a photograph of you in a dress (but there's no way they are getting it!) you may be a lesbian.
    You dismiss most models as "too skinny," you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever used a "y" to spell "women," you may be a lesbian.
    If the word "Michigan" does not bring to mind a state, you may be a lesbian.
    You have ever said, "Ah, good one!" after belching, you may be a lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oh God. I may be a lesbian!
    :p:p:p

zoegh wrote: »
    Oh God. I may be a lesbian!
    :p:p:p

Me too, whoda thunk it! :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

going by that list I'm not a lesbian

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm rather worried to see that I may, in fact, be a lesbian.

Time to return the Black & Deckers and get a manicure!

• Advertisement

I roared with laughter when I read this article (which is local news to me too) today.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=82

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    I roared with laughter when I read this article (which is local news to me too) today.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=82
    LOL fair play to them for going threw with it :rolleyes:

sorry but that is just not funny enough to be in stage :rolleyes:

LOL fair play to them for going threw with it :rolleyes:
    sorry but that is just not funny enough to be in stage :rolleyes:

Your opinion is appreciated and we love you. You're one of the most individualistic people I haver met in my entire life!!!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I wish I could thank that twice. :D I think I just wet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Me : "Dad, I'm Gay!"

Dad : "Right" *sips tea and thinks

Me: *awkward silence

Dad : "Would you not just have a go of a pair of tits and see how you get on?"

Me : :confused:

CdeC wrote: »
    Me : "Dad, I'm Gay!"

Dad : "Right" *sips tea and thinks

Me: *awkward silence

Dad : "Would you not just have a go of a pair of tits and see how you get on?"

Me : :confused:
    PMSL :D

• Advertisement

tumblr_l867shdm0U1qdw3ieo1_500.png

Advertisement