Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Mirror's Edge was fine 7 out of 10, an impressive concept but a mediocre story line with nothing in gameplay to keep you hooked.

And comparing it to city 17 is laughable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

As someone who put a hundred or so hours into Fallout 3 (Without touching all the DLC I have for it) I am unbelievably pumped for New Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

phlegms wrote: »
    As someone who put a hundred or so hours into Fallout 3 (Without touching all the DLC I have for it) I am unbelievably pumped for New Vegas.
    Pffft I have over 7 days on MW online gameplay and another 7 on MW2 online gameplay.

7 days? Ha! I have about 550 hours put into Street Fighter 4/Super SF4. That's almost 23 days, over 3 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Oh hi guys what's going on in this thread?
    tf2time.jpg
    lol idling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I want this, they need to hurry up.
    Metal_Gear_Solid_Rising_logo.png

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Pffft I have over 7 days on MW online gameplay and another 7 on MW2 online gameplay.
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    7 days? Ha! I have about 550 hours put into Street Fighter 4/Super SF4. That's almost 23 days, over 3 weeks :D
    Davidius wrote: »
    tf2time.jpg
    lol idling

I apologize for leaving the house more than you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

COD doesn't count menu times or idling times towards that total. It only counts actually "in a lobby and playing the game" time

As does SF my friend :D I think you underestimate the time I've spent beating a training dummy!

I'll have to check when I get home but I'm sure I've more that that spent on COD, between my two accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

tf2time.jpg
    lol idling
    look at my shiny halo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

In other news,

Earthworm Jim HD is on XBLA. Why didn't I know this earlier???

creggy wrote: »
    In other news,

Earthworm Jim HD is on XBLA. Why didn't I know this earlier???

YES! Thanks for the heads-up. What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Craguls wrote: »
    I want this, they need to hurry up.
    Metal_Gear_Solid_Rising_logo.png
    *cries* NOOO!!! I haven't played MGS4 yet,please don't let me fall two games behind,I'll crack and buy them both and a PS3 just to feed the addiction.

I may have an unhealthy love for the Metal Gear series

12898_team_fortress_2.jpg

Bought this for a 10er on Steam. Niiiiice

Watching Microsoft's E3 conference live on the web as I do every year. I'm such a horrible nerd..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I played Pro Evo 5 all day on the PS2, and I ordered GTA:Vice City off CDWOW. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

phlegms wrote: »
    Watching Microsoft's E3 conference live on the web as I do every year. I'm such a horrible nerd..
    Well..............that was absolutely sh!t

Well..............that was absolutely sh!t

Yeah it was. Can't remember them showing off any actual games :pac:

Jay P wrote: »
    I played Pro Evo 5 all day on the PS2, and I ordered GTA:Vice City off CDWOW. Huzzah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Um...no? I just appreciate good games. Also, the video cable for my 360 is broken.

But news!
    360 250GB "Slim" hands-on, full details. Bonus: it's sexy
    By Ben Kuchera | Last updated about 2 hours ago

At an event after the Microsoft keynote, members of the press were presented with tables complete with wrapped presents. The idea? We all unwrap the new Xbox 360 250GB (the official name) and explore what makes the new system so special. Here's what is inside the package.

First off, it comes packed with a smaller, but still proprietary, 250GB hard drive. WiFi is built in, using the 802.11n standard. Two USB ports are hidden behind a flap on the front of the device, with three extra USB ports in the back for a total of five. The power supply is much smaller, and we were told the system uses much less power. To make sure no one mixes and matches the power supplies, there is an all-new adaptor for the 360 250GB.

The 360 250GB in all its glory. Note my busted iPhone

Underneath the side vent lies the new, smaller 250GB hard drive

The rear of the system. Note the new port for the power supply

More detail of the ports. A total of five USB ports, powered connector for the Kinect, and a dedicated audio line... no more breakout boxes!
    I put in a copy of Alan Wake and turned it on using the new touch-buttons... very similar to what you get with the PlayStation 3. The system was on, but it made almost no noise. The game loaded. Silent. I'm used to using my 360 in my home office hooked up to a computer monitor, where it sounds something like a jet taking off. This is bliss.

A new AV port in the back also cuts down on the wires when the Kinect is involved. Plug the Kinect into that port, plug the 360 into the wall, and you're all set up. Owners of the now-classic 360 will have to plug the Kinect into the wall using a separate outlet.

We were told the system has taken years to develop, and it shows: it's a thoughtful, refined system, and at $300 it's a good value. This is the 360 you've always wanted.

Oh, except for the HDMI cable. It still doesn't come with one of those.

An Xbox that will actually work! Even if it is 5 years late...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14mb8k9&s=6

If this Goldeneye game is real, ewwwwww.

So...new Zelda, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Should be fun. :) It's the first Legend of Zelda game to be specifically designed for the Wii since Twilight Princess was just ported from the Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

So...new Zelda, eh?

Nintendo are so creative and original. That said I'll still get the game.

Did Nintendo announce anything else? I've pretty much stopped playing computer games the past couple of years but I'd love to see a new F-Zero game. A new Fire Emblem or revamp of the Advance Wars series would be nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Nintendo are so creative and original. That said I'll still get the game.

Did Nintendo announce anything else? I've pretty much stopped playing computer games the past couple of years but I'd love to see a new F-Zero game. A new Fire Emblem or revamp of the Advance Wars series would be nice too.

Epic Mickey which is a new Mickey Mouse game in which they hope to take Mickey in a whole new direction. Looks pretty cool. Also, Donkey Kong and a Kirby game.

The big announcement was the new 3DS and a new Kid Icarus game for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

A new kid icarus game? That's not the highlight.
    http://users.skynet.be/fa036594/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf

Persona
    Resident Evil
    Street Fighter
    The Sims
    Bomberman
    Contra
    MGS
    Professor Layton
    A Boy and His Blob
    Animal Crossing
    Kid Icarus
    Mario Kart
    PAPER MARIO!
    Starfox 64
    Sonic
    Dragonquest
    Final Fantasy
    Kingdom Hearts
    Dead or Alive
    Ninja Gaiden
    Saints Row
    Assassin's Creed
    TC Rainbow Six
    TC Splinter Cell
    Batman

..the 3DS. it will be glorious.

EDIT: Did I forget to mention... GOLDENEYE REMAKE FOR THE WII COMING OUT THIS YEAR? With online mode. Dreams do come true :')

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Colm! wrote: »
    PAPER MARIO!
    Starfox 64

:eek: Hooray!

Colm! wrote: »
    EDIT: Did I forget to mention... GOLDENEYE REMAKE FOR THE WII COMING OUT THIS YEAR? With online mode. Dreams do come true :')
    I'm feeling fairly pessimistic about that one. Something tells me it won't be much better than average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

TWISTED METAL BITCHES!!!!:D

Advertisement