Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Contact Details for Riding Schools / Livery Yards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

I've put details on this thread before about the great diy in Stepaside. Sadly the owner's moving back to Wales and I've been trying to decide between 2 lovely yards in the Kilternan/Enniskerry area.

Both do full livery for €120/wk and both are 60/wk for diy though this includes haylage in Highland View Lodge in Kilternan.

Highland View is a stunning yard which is used as a stud - gorgeous stabled courtyard with a fountain in the middle, horsewalker, olympic sized outdoor arena with floodlights and great hacking. They also have a few cross country fences. About 30 stables but only about 6 liveries there at the moment. Only negative I can find is floodlights must be turned off by 8pm due to stipulations by the council, obviously this wouldn't matter in the summer. Owner Tina seems very nice and helpful and the yard is close to Killegar which has a good riding club.

Oatfield Stables in Enniskerry village is a small rented yard with a large floodlit arena, about 16 stables but they only have about 7 horses there and only want 3/4 more liveries. It's less than a minute's walk from the 44 bus and is right in Enniskerry village (great food!), fantastic hacking near Powerscourt around there. Guy who rents the yard has 3 eventers and is a sound guy who has a lorry for going places if anyone's interested.

Both places are very easygoing and horses can be turned out all day no problem though there isn't much grass at the moment. On diy both will feed and turnout in the morn, both also can do somewhere between full and diy due to there always being people at the yards.

If anyone is interested in either of these yards please get in touch, I have 2 friends moving from Stepaside and I think 1 will move to Highland View, 1 to Oatfield. I'd love to get a small friendly crew together, someone willing to share their box would be fabulous as I can't afford a jeep as it'd be so uneconomical with all the driving I do for work at the moment, therefore don't have transport to shows, the beach etc. Even without a box there are lots of options at both places. I'm a relaxed type - do a bit of everything but would esp like to get to more hunter trials and just nice days in Devil's Glen or on the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 akalina

Ther is liver available at Annaharvey Equestrian Centre, Tullamore ,Co. Offaly.
    tel 0579343544 email info@annaharveyfarm.ie
    web http://www.annaharveyfarm.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 princess_sara

Does anyone know where I might get livery for under €100 per week on the North side of Dublin - pref near Swords? Don't mind if it's DIY, full or grass livery as long as there is somewhere to ride. I've tried the usual riding schools but they are too dear for me. Any help would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre, Glenamaddy, County Galway. Beginning to advanced, children and adults. Private lessons in dressage, show jumping, natural style horsemanship, and basic carriage driving. Livery available, both full and DIY. Camps for beginners, along with camps for intermediate riders.

Does anyone know of grass livery with access to a decent arena anywhere on the southside of Dublin down to Enniskerry? I only know of Hawthorn stables (also known as "Olga's") in Kilternan but the fields are pretty far from the arena and the arena's small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Tizzyowner

Hi Cookerj,

I have a horse and 2 ponies at Steve's yard - have to move them this weekend frown.gif. Why would you not consider Brooke Lodge or The Paddocks? I don't know anything about the livery yards in this area but Stepaside is a better location for me than Enniskerry. Having said that, the two you mention sound great.

Hi Tizzyowner, neither Brooke Lodge nor The Paddocks do diy which is what I want. Also Brooke Lodge is very expensive, Paddocks isn't much cheaper.

Sure the grass livery in Olga's in Kilternan is only €25 a wk so I'm going to put my boy there for the summer anyway. You can use the arena and there's a max of 4 horses per field so that suits me!

Kilternan is about 7mins from Steve's (to be exact!), Enniskerry is just over 10mins and has fabulous hacking, I promise they're not as far as you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 s.behan

Coolestown Stables,
    Brackna, Co Kildare.
    Full, Half and Holiday Livery.
    Facilities include:
    American Style Barn, Stables with Rubber Floors and Automatic Water.
    Floodlite Arena, 17 acres Grazing, Small Cross Country Course.
    Phone: 086) 8447802 / 086) 3590858
    Email : coolestown@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bernie54

Hi all,

We have some stables available in a small, private yard in North County Dublin. There is a floodlit, all-weather outdoor arena with some fences for jumping. We also have plenty of grazing available in secure paddocks with automatic drinkers.

Prices will start at €50 p.w. for DIY, but we will be happy to discuss part-livery options (turn out, feeding, lessons etc.) or other variations on a case-to-case basis.

Please PM me for contact details or any further information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 abby123

Hi,

Im looking for a cheap grass livery in Kildare/ Dublin West area. The grass livery must include use of arena(s). Grass livery must be around E20 mark.
    P.M me if you know of anywhere:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Yeager101

Killegar Stables
    One of Ireland longest established riding schools, situated on the Dublin Wicklow border, nestled in the hills just above the picturesque village of Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow. Killegar offers horse riding lessons, trekking and livery services with a personal touch. Set over beautiful countryside, the yard is just 5 minutes from the centre of Enniskerry, The Powerscourt Estate and the Ritz Carlton Hotel.

Our facilities are

Flood lit out door arena
    Lit indoor arena
    Local hacking routes and fields.
    Killegar Riding Club.

We are one of the few yards in the area that have grass turnout for our liverys.
    Daily turnout
    Hailage twice daily.
    Har feeding daily.
    Rug changes daily
    Expert care and attention.
    Private 121 lessons available.
    Veterinary and farrier weekly available.

Full livery €130 per week.
    Live out livery €90 per week.

killegar@gmail.com
    01-2860919

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

Hey Guys,

New livery yard opened in Lackan / Blessington, Right beside Blessington Lake... Used to keep my mare there a couple years ago on DIY livery but they closed and have now reopened.

They are doing Full Livery for €90 per week.... Excellent facilities and amazing mountain hacks... they have a floodlit outdoor and indoor arena...

plus its only 40 mins from Dublin.... If anyone would like contact details pm & I'll send you owners number....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickydoodles

Hi, just in enquiring if any one has any details on grass livery in the south Dublin/north Wicklow area? preferably around enniskerry/kilternan. If any one has any contact details or information could you please let me know.
    Thanks,
    micky

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

Hey, Just wanted to follow up with more info on my previous post re: Grass & Full Livery in Lacken / Blessington (20 mins from Dublin)- Info taken from their flyer.....

We are offering full & grass livery in a beautiful area of the Wicklow Mountains overlooking Blessington Lake, just 20 minutes from Dublin.

Full Livery: €90 per week
    Grass Livery: €40 per week

Our facilities include:
    • Fully lit indoor & outdoor arena
    • Cross country course (55 jumps & other features)
    • Trekking in the Wicklow mountains
    • Lessons available for livery customers (qualified BHS instructor)
    • Schooling & exercising horses also available on request.
    • Enthusiastic & reliable staff will look after & facilitate individual needs of customers & their horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre. Lessons from beginning to advanced. Showjumping, dressage, natural horsemanship, as well as problem solving. Livery is also available, both DIY and and full livery. Indoor and outdoor arenas available. 0877415029 for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hawstables

Competitive prices on all of the above. Floodlit Sand arena, quite roads for hacking, 40 acres of grazing. Canteen / Bathroom, Large Tackroom. Checkout Hawthorn Stables, Killegar, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow, 10 mins from M50, 5 mins from Johnny Foxes & Kilternan. Contact 087 2642658 or email at hawthornstables@gmail.com:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 collyshep

hi,my girlfriend is looking for livery in the area and would love to get in touch with you.can you send me your number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 collyshep

cookerj wrote: »
    Hi Tizzyowner, neither Brooke Lodge nor The Paddocks do diy which is what I want. Also Brooke Lodge is very expensive, Paddocks isn't much cheaper.

Sure the grass livery in Olga's in Kilternan is only €25 a wk so I'm going to put my boy there for the summer anyway. You can use the arena and there's a max of 4 horses per field so that suits me!

Kilternan is about 7mins from Steve's (to be exact!), Enniskerry is just over 10mins and has fabulous hacking, I promise they're not as far as you think!

Hi My girlfriend is looking for livery in the area. Would you have the number for olga's it sounds very reasonable. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bicki

Hi collyshep, the person you need to speak to is Albert at Hawthorn stables, Olga is no longer there, the number is 087 2642658. You can make an appointment with him to see the yard and the grazing,

cheers..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Copperalley

Copperalley Stud, Moyglare, Maynooth, Co Kildare.
    Large indoor and outdoor arena's, lunging arena, 6 horse walker, turnout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Blondiie

Yard in south/West Co Dublin, full Livery is only 90e per week. Horses are really well looked after and turned out every day. Owners are very easy going and go out of their way to help liveries. Facilities are great x country, floodlit arena and a hackers paradise. Ive been in other yards paying 140 a week and havent had my horse looked after as well as he is now. PM me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

Piperstown Equestrian Centre,
    Drogheda,
    087 331 5678.
    80e a wk no hidden charges,
    365 acres, 80 acres of forrestery,
    5 miles of treking and another 5 miles opened soon,
    6 horse walker,
    2 Indoors, 65 x 25, and 25 x 20,
    outdoor 75 x 35,
    2 miles of hunter trial course and over 100 xc fences,
    Top S/J instructor,
    free secure parking for boxes,
    and loads of extras for free!!
    Rug drying room, canteen, master farrier!
    And right in the middle of everything!
    SJ and dressage league starting soon and annual H/T:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Andrea88

Stables to rent (20+) and paddock, Galway area
    Ph 087-9012268

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

collyshep wrote: »
    Hi My girlfriend is looking for livery in the area. Would you have the number for olga's it sounds very reasonable. Thanks

just to warn you the grass livery isnt actually in the yard, the horses are kept about a ten fifteen min hack from the actual yard! kilakee lodge though in rathfarnham area does grass for 50 a week as far as i know, they have a nice outdoor as well and the hacking is good, can be a bit quiet but seems nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nuttytart

Hi are there any riding schools in Cork? I live in Blarney but can travel.
    Thank you

Hawthorn stables has just reopened with a new manager Marcus Murphy, I have my guy on DIY there and I'm very happy having recently moved him from grass in the same place. Well organised and Marcus is a fantastic teacher from what I've heard and experienced myself!

Full livery €125
    DIY €55
    Grass €25

Horses taken for showjumping/breaking and sales prep
    Lessons from HSI coach in flatwork and jumping

Facilities include:
    Large outdoor floodlit arena
    Daily turnout in fenced paddocks
    Canteen for the cold days!
    Large secure tackroom
    Bathrooms
    10mins from exit 13 on the M50
    Central to shows
    Good hacking

XC course under construction
    NB Special introductory rates apply, PM me for Marcus' number :)

DIY small barn €45 per wk includes turnout and haylage
    DIY large barn €55 per wk includes turnout and haylage

€20 extra per wk for your horse to be brought in, fed and mucked out 5 days a week if you provide your own feed and shavings!

Full use of arena with jumps and lights, also bathrooms, tackroom and kitchen.

Grass livery still €25 a week which includes haylage and use of facilities.

Yard is quiet, clean and friendly, about 15 horses there and only older teenagers and adults. Very few people seem to use the arena so it's never crowded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 akalina

Annaharvey Fam EC , Tullamore

http://www.annaharveyfarm.ie

Hey guys, I live near the N11 and was wondering if there's a (non-livery) stables on any of the nearby bus routes? (46a, etc) I'm looking to get back into horse riding.
    Also an estimate of prices and such would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

there's Brennanstown Riding school in Bray the 84 goes near by as does the red finnegans bus & theres Carrickmines equestrian centre which is on the 63 route

Advertisement