Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two & Two bars

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Below is image I would be familiar with EXCEPT; I never recall the name "Urney" written anywhere on the wrappers that I had bought and consumed and I would have eaten them from mid-late 1970's until they disappeared a number of years later. I was always fascinated in this bar as it was not Cadbury's or the usual confectionery firms to my mind at the time as a young child. HB sticks out in my mind which I could never understand as I thought HB could only make ice cream and not chocolate when I was a young child. Of course in late years you saw the introduction of MARS ice cream products etc;

I'm sure "Cleeves" was the brand on the bar I remember from early to mid eighties. They then launched 3 other bars- strawberry, mint and orange versions with similar packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When is this fecking bar gonna be ever launched, rumours since 2013. :)

We put Two & Two together and got five....................years of bullshìt!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Below is image I would be familiar with EXCEPT; I never recall the name "Urney" written anywhere on the wrappers that I had bought and consumed and I would have eaten them from mid-late 1970's until they disappeared a number of years later. I was always fascinated in this bar as it was not Cadbury's or the usual confectionery firms to my mind at the time as a young child. HB sticks out in my mind which I could never understand as I thought HB could only make ice cream and not chocolate when I was a young child. Of course in late years you saw the introduction of MARS ice cream products etc;

http://www.chocolatewrappers.info/Sevropa/Irsko/ieurtwo.jpg

HB took over the Urney brands around 1974/5. Two and Two bars were definitely branded with HB in the mid to late seventies. I do recall the HB Milk Chocolate bars, and have fond memories of Rovals. Their knock-off of Smarties wasn’t so nice though. Catch bars, introduced around that time were also branded with HB as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭eamonnq

HB took over the Urney brands around 1974/5. Two and Two bars were definitely branded with HB in the mid to late seventies. I do recall the HB Milk Chocolate bars, and have fond memories of Rovals. Their knock-off of Smarties wasn’t so nice though. Catch bars, introduced around that time were also branded with HB as well.

Beanos

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ugh I remember getting Beanos easter eggs, the only thing worse was being given a "chocolate flavour" egg.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

eamonnq wrote:
    Beanos

I think Beanos tasted like M&Ms except they were bigger.. and if memory serves were in a square box.

Life ain't always empty.

Anyone else noted the return of Catch bars? another former Urney product.

Instead of being made in Tallaght they're now made in Trinidad & Tobago 😀

Catch it when you can the outside is chocolate and underneath the chocolate are crispies...

They even have a website http://catchbar.com/

Haven't bothered to buy one yet though, BRING BACK TWO AND TWO BARS they were the best chocolate you could get when I was a kid!!!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,759 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Catch bars have been around for years!

In fact, I'm not sure they were ever not available....

Agree on the call for Two &Two, though - easily my favourite ever choc bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Advertisement

Hmmm maybe. I noticed that my local Dunnes started stocking them recently.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement