Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

Nice Beetle ;)

Is suppose 30 years old is the technical answer to your question, but you can insure 15 year old cars as classics these days! Its really subjective

I was going to slip in a photo of my bus and pretend it was "spotted" but its only 1991 so maybe I best wait 3 more years.

woejus wrote: »
    Looked brand new, looked like a total rebuild.

VY4RS7Z.jpg
    What a lovely Land Cruiser, you see loads of these on the Canary Islands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I was going to slip in a photo of my bus and pretend it was "spotted" but its only 1991 so maybe I best wait 3 more years.
    Year is of less importance than rarity, or "interestingness". Don't feel constrained on what you should post!

The revenue may have rules - afaik - this thread does not!

In that case.....

I was wandering along and spotted this in my garden. Just for fun, can anyone identify what the manufacturer and model is?

44522024_10156969920018714_7154530232181981184_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Cvc omni?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Its a Merc isn't it?

Looks very tidy. Is it yours?

Its a CVE Omni, kev1.3s was very close! Dublin Bus had a few of them back in the mid 90's.

This one is mine, its been converted to a motorhome now. Mine was based on the 2.5 non-turbo Land Rover engine. It now has a 300TDi engine from a Land Rover Discovery and has a boost pin, its double the bhp of the original engine.

I will be making a video of it at some point in the near future for our youtube channel. www.youtube.com/donegaloverlanding so keep an eye out if you want to see more.

Here is a link to a photo of the Dublin Bus versions with the mad destination board.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/darren_hall/14351024761

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

D. O. I'm probably wrong but by any chance did you buy a Disco and a Defender LWB from a guy in Sligo maybe 2 years ago?

sligojoek wrote: »
    D. O. I'm probably wrong but by any chance did you buy a Disco and a Defender LWB from a guy in Sligo maybe 2 years ago?

Was not me. I've owned the Disco for the last 4 years and never owned a Defender before.

As this is a Classics thread most will probably hate that I turned it from totally standard to how it is now, but it was necessary given how I use it.

before%20and%20after.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No worries. I'm getting you mixed up with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

woejus wrote: »
    Looked brand new, looked like a total rebuild.

VY4RS7Z.jpg

That was me Woejus. Yep, total nut and bolt restoration last year. It’s in been in the family since new so we treated the old girl to a rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Dublin Castle this morning. An absolute beaut.

w97mg1.jpg

Tzardine wrote: »
    Dublin Castle this morning. An absolute beaut.

w97mg1.jpg

My pals. Featured in Mercedes Club mag a couple of months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Bus Boy wrote: »
    My pals. Featured in Mercedes Club mag a couple of months back.

Oh what month if you recall? I joined in Oct so just have 3 issues but the site has back issues, i'd love to read about it. Was is on a ZV in the writeup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

^ simply stunning car, my favourite MB. Looks like a US import with the side repeaters??

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ simply stunning car, my favourite MB. Looks like a US import with the side repeaters??

A better resolution photo here in case you want to have a look. Really striking car.

https://ibb.co/Dfhc7NY

Oh what month if you recall? I joined in Oct so just have 3 issues but the site has back issues, i'd love to read about it. Was is on a ZV in the writeup?

He told me October but if not maybe try September.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

at first I thought this was one of several silver 280SE's I brought in years ago, but then I noticed it is in fact a nice original 300SE by the looks of it: chrome wheel arches and chrome side flank strips (unless someone deliberately stuck those on)

The 300SE had air suspension, which is a bit of a pain to keep in good shape but she doesn't appear to be bending down :).

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    at first I thought this was one of several silver 280SE's I brought in years ago, but then I noticed it is in fact a nice original 300SE by the looks of it: chrome wheel arches and chrome side flank strips (unless someone deliberately stuck those on)

The 300SE had air suspension, which is a bit of a pain to keep in good shape but she doesn't appear to be bending down :).

It is wearing 300 badges alright.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Walkinstown today.

j20fi2q.jpg

icPSEdt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Dades wrote: »
    Walkinstown today.

j20fi2q.jpg

icPSEdt.jpg

That’s class
    The paint is beautiful
    What’s it worth ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

That’s class
    The paint is beautiful
    What’s it worth ?

1958 Chesil Speedster 1.6 2DR

Not Real deal according to motorcheck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That is drop-dead gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

That’s class
    The paint is beautiful
    What’s it worth ?

Not a genuine Porsche speedster. A number for sale in the uk for about £25,000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Today in Cavan town. Very very nice condition.
    knZGbZU.jpg

9Ykb98Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Bus Boy wrote: »
    He told me October but if not maybe try September.

November! and car of the month too!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Burgess Lane, Dublin
    IMG-20181217-153043.jpg
    IMG-20181217-153137.jpg

I've featured that one a few times. Daily driver, he passed me on the NCR about 4 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Smithfield, Dublin
    IMG-20181217-205611.jpg

• Advertisement

Kenmare today, immaculate.

IMG-20181223-WA0007.jpg

Advertisement