Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Twocantim

Does RCP provide a central satelite/dish connection for Saor view and UK channels(if your tv has UK channel tuner) or do you have to get sky/virgin to get access?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Hi, could someone PM me the contact details for Ballymore if it's handy? I would like to know the progress of the latest phase and it would be useful for things later on as well.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

We are moved in since mid November and haven't had a single issue with the heating system, it's working perfectly. If I were you I would insist with Ballymore to get that fixed, I don't think their guess that you won't be having problems with bacteria in the pipes even makes any sense. It's a poor excuse for not knowing what the problem is. What if you are away for half a year with everything completely switched off and bacteria accumulates?

On the broadband topic we have no TV, only been watching Netflix for the moment. While waiting for the cables to be laid down we got mobile broadband from 3. The signal is not the best but can still get around 5Mbps. We are on a 30day contract and got our own LTE modem so can quit at any time after January.

Yeah I'll go back to Ballymore after Christmas, I'll be pepped up then. We also have an issue with our back door, the door with he handle opens fine but the other door (to open out like french doors) is stuck, we figured out we can open it if we shove a screw driver up as the lock is too far down. It's all things minor things but I guess we'd have more of this if we bought a second hand house. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else gets that AH-00 error message (tank disinfection not completed) in the new few weeks. You know you have a malfunction when the light on the display in the utility room is red rather than blue

5bps is actually pretty good, better than Eir certainly. I'm giving til the end of January, that'll be 5 months since we got keys and then I'll cave and get the Cablewatch. (Guaranteed Eir will come the day after I sign the contract!)

pgav19 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We are moving to one of the new houses in RCP. Move in date is scheduled for between July and Sep next year. We are really looking forward to the move and finding the boards pages really helpful as we try to get everything ready.

Apologies if this has been asked before but just wondering what people have done in terms of painting the interior of the house? We have been told that it will be delivered all painted white. Firstly, is it possible to change this to a different colour? Have people been in contact with Ballymore and got them to do this?

Secondly, what are people's thoughts on painting it themselves straight after moving? I think I read here that it takes the house a while to settle so we might be better off to wait a while before starting to paint.

Thanks!

Ballymore definitely won't do it for you. Although others seem to have recommended otherwise, I definitely think you should hold off painting yourself, even just a couple of months. We have loads of cracks in the plaster. I plan on waiting 2 years. I actually like the white, for now anyway, it's bright and fresh. Although I will probably break it up with whatever grey/greige/magnolia is in fashion in 2 years!!

Twocantim wrote: »
    Does RCP provide a central satelite/dish connection for Saor view and UK channels(if your tv has UK channel tuner) or do you have to get sky/virgin to get access?

Are you in an apartment or a house? I think the apartments have central access but you'll be waiting on Eir/Sky if you're in a house. Saorview is a separate connection. I don't know all the details but someone needs to come out and install your dish and hook up your cables. I'm not sure if this requires a phone line/broadband but I suspect it does. I'd say google Saorview installers and you'll get contact details. If you go ahead with it please share your experience, I'd be interested but only if you can record tv and have multiroom.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Forumsie wrote: »
    Are you in an apartment or a house? I think the apartments have central access but you'll be waiting on Eir/Sky if you're in a house. Saorview is a separate connection. I don't know all the details but someone needs to come out and install your dish and hook up your cables. I'm not sure if this requires a phone line/broadband but I suspect it does. I'd say google Saorview installers and you'll get contact details. If you go ahead with it please share your experience, I'd be interested but only if you can record tv and have multiroom.

Thanks

Saorview and Freesat don’t require phone lines or broadband. You can also have multi room and record tv but you need to get the right set up. If you look at my previous posts I’ve written about it. I think I paid somewhere around 400 euros and I’m set up where I can have TVs in 4 rooms and record. It may be cheaper depending on whether you need a set top box or if your tv can do it. Once you’ve paid your initial costs though it’s free, which is what attracted me, so we only pay for broadband. Also you need somewhere to put a dish, which is easier or harder depending on the orientation of your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

+ 1 for saorview & freesat, no bills and plenty of channels.
    You can get tvs with the tuners built in these days plus plug in a hard disk via USB and you can pause/record etc.
    If you get the right TV, you could also go down the route of IPTV via an app (Samsung tvs anyway but probably others too), though you'll need a decent broadband for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Hi, wondering if anyone in the houses has bought one of the An Post Delivery Boxes. Tired of having to hike down to Coolmine for missed parcels, but would like to know if anyone else has experience putting it up.

Also one of the bathroom lights has gone on me, it won't turn on just flickers like a disco light. Anyone had issues with theirs or replaced them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

belleray wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone in the houses has bought one of the An Post Delivery Boxes. Tired of having to hike down to Coolmine for missed parcels, but would like to know if anyone else has experience putting it up.

Also one of the bathroom lights has gone on me, it won't turn on just flickers like a disco light. Anyone had issues with theirs or replaced them?

You can get a redelivery I think.
    They might drop it into the management suite if you request that. Most couriers will, not sure about an post.

I intend to replace mine with LED, CFL just isn't suitable for frequent on/off cycles.
    One failed recently.

It's possible to convert the existing fitting to LED but it involves modifying the wiring in the fitting.
    Not sure if I will convert or just replace..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NeilFB

Hi all, has anyone had any problems with hot water in the shower on the top floor en-suite of the Heron. There’s hot water in the sink beside it and the other showers have hot water. All the settings on the tank look ok and nothing has been changed on it. It’s barely luke warm when turned to full heat. Only happened this weekend. Would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks, Neil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

hi all, I'm in a Heron phase 2 with a water tank (in the attic room) that has no insulation. Apparently insulation was used in subsequent phases. Does anybody else in Phase 2 have insulation on this tank? ....apart from anything else, I think the insulation would help reduce the water refilling noise level that can be heard from the bedroom underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

We also have an issue with our back door, the door with he handle opens fine but the other door (to open out like french doors) is stuck, we figured out we can open it if we shove a screw driver up as the lock is too far down.
    We've had the same issue, and Ballymore at first sent us to Munster Joinery. But once we got a Ballymore contractor inside to fix something else, he had no problem fixing the back door in a few minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

I would advise everyone NOT to use any implement to try to open the doors. Get back onto Ballymore to sort the issue. Don't contact munster joinery unless you are living in the property more than 2 years. It is an issue for Ballymore to sort out.

dovetail wrote: »
    hi all, I'm in a Heron phase 2 with a water tank (in the attic room) that has no insulation. Apparently insulation was used in subsequent phases. Does anybody else in Phase 2 have insulation on this tank? ....apart from anything else, I think the insulation would help reduce the water refilling noise level that can be heard from the bedroom underneath.

You could possibly fit a pipe to the outlet and have it come out under water so it doesn't drip down.

That ought to work right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bruncvik wrote: »
    We've had the same issue, and Ballymore at first sent us to Munster Joinery. But once we got a Ballymore contractor inside to fix something else, he had no problem fixing the back door in a few minutes.

Could you PM me with the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

You could possibly fit a pipe to the outlet and have it come out under water so it doesn't drip down.

That ought to work right?

would need to run it by a plumber, but if its works then could reduce the noise.... more curious as to why NO insulation was applied to the water tanks in Phase 2, but was applied in later phases!

tradesman wrote: »
    I would advise everyone NOT to use any implement to try to open the doors. Get back onto Ballymore to sort the issue. Don't contact munster joinery unless you are living in the property more than 2 years. It is an issue for Ballymore to sort out.

Very hard to get Ballymore back to do anything at this point. Jason himself made us call Munster Joinery a month after we got keys as there was a breeze blowing through our sitting room window (turns out there was no rubber sealing on that window). I think I'll go to Munster Joinery for the back door as they won't act like they're doing us a massive favour to fix something that's fitted wrong.

Re our ongoing heating error I can't even get the installers contact details but I will get back on the case after Christmas. I'm well sick of chasing people at this stage but perhaps I'll be revived after Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Very hard to get Ballymore back to do anything at this point. Jason himself made us call Munster Joinery

The quickest course of action is generally to work directly with the contractor.
    In the case of windows and doors, Munster provide a warranty, which has nothing to do with Ballymore, so its between the owner and the contractor. Same goes for the heating.

if its structural, get Ballymore in on it.

Note, Ballymore are under no legal obligation to fix issues after the sale has gone through, but they still make an effort to help and be accommodating.

Everything needs to be run by Jason, and remember, hes in charge of the next phase being built on time and is exceptionally busy. The next phase build is also their priority so relatively minor fixes to previous phases can take some time to get sorted.
    Ive found Jason and Ballymore very accommodating as long as I kept this in mind & had a little patience.

New house or old, things will break, may have been a friday evening job and need fixing or replacing. All part of the "joy" of home ownership!

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    The quickest course of action is generally to work directly with the contractor.
    In the case of windows and doors, Munster provide a warranty, which has nothing to do with Ballymore, so its between the owner and the contractor. Same goes for the heating.

if its structural, get Ballymore in on it.

Note, Ballymore are under no legal obligation to fix issues after the sale has gone through, but they still make an effort to help and be accommodating.

Everything needs to be run by Jason, and remember, hes in charge of the next phase being built on time and is exceptionally busy. The next phase build is also their priority so relatively minor fixes to previous phases can take some time to get sorted.
    Ive found Jason and Ballymore very accommodating as long as I kept this in mind & had a little patience.

New house or old, things will break, may have been a friday evening job and need fixing or replacing. All part of the "joy" of home ownership!

Completely get what you're saying Fred Wimp, my issue is that my heating wasnt connected when we got keys, was meant to be done the next day and took 3 weeks (to be fair we were on holidays so not pushing) and since it's been connected we've had various error messages consistently. In this case I think it is on Ballymore to fix it it. But I would happily settle for the contractors details to get it done properly which Im not getting. Everytime someone comes down I reckon they are essentially resetting rather than fixing the unit. The error message goes away for a day or two and comes back when the unit is scheduled to do their disinfection mode. I've asked around and I seem to be the only person with this issue. Maybe it is a minor issue, I don't know much about these systems but what I do know is that it's probably the most expensive component of the house so I don't think I should have to let it go either because they're busy

Completely get what you're saying Fred Wimp, my issue is that my heating wasnt connected when we got keys, was meant to be done the next day and took 3 weeks (to be fair we were on holidays so not pushing) and since it's been connected we've had various error messages consistently. In this case I think it is on Ballymore to fix it it. But I would happily settle for the contractors details to get it done properly which Im not getting. Everytime someone comes down I reckon they are essentially resetting rather than fixing the unit. The error message goes away for a day or two and comes back when the unit is scheduled to do their disinfection mode. I've asked around and I seem to be the only person with this issue. Maybe it is a minor issue, I don't know much about these systems but what I do know is that it's probably the most expensive component of the house so I don't think I should have to let it go either because they're busy

I wouldnt have signed without the heating being connected up, it would be top of the snag list & once contract signed/monies transferred, all issues fall down the priority list of the seller. you are correct though, this was ballymores issue to fix.

Regarding the ongoing issues, they are Joule's issues, covered by joule's warranty. Joule are difficult enough to deal with, without going through a 3rd party (ballymore), so just make a point of calling joule every day and raising this until they fix it under warranty. Dont accept another reset of the system, explain daily that it has been done a number of times and issues still reoccurs. Keep on them.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt have signed without the heating being connected up, it would be top of the snag list & once contract signed/monies transferred, all issues fall down the priority list of the seller. you are correct though, this was ballymores issue to fix.

Regarding the ongoing issues, they are Joule's issues, covered by joule's warranty. Joule are difficult enough to deal with, without going through a 3rd party (ballymore), so just make a point of calling joule every day and raising this until they fix it under warranty. Dont accept another reset of the system, explain daily that it has been done a number of times and issues still reoccurs. Keep on them.

We kind of had to just sign, we got notice of snagging in mid July and never imagined it would take so long as we got our snagger in immediately. And it was second week in September at that point and we were under pressure to move. And to be fair Jason is decent, we knew we wouldn't be left without heating. But we also didnt think it would drag on this long. And we're not annoying them with minor issues for this very reason.

Re Joule, I have nothing in the welcome pack about Joule or guarantees or our unit serial number. So I didn't think they'd entertain me so that's why I was going through Ballymore. I see Joule have a website and phone number. Is this the one you mean or is there an emergency careline or maintanence number? Thanks

Re Joule, I have nothing in the welcome pack about Joule or guarantees or our unit serial number. So I didn't think they'd entertain me so that's why I was going through Ballymore. I see Joule have a website and phone number. Is this the one you mean or is there an emergency careline or maintanence number? Thanks

There are contact details on their website. warranty info should already be with them from when it was installed and configured.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

belleray wrote: »

Redeliveries are free with An Post if you need to have it sent to an alternative address. Otherwise, If you put your address as the first line and second line "C/o Kingfisher Managament Suite" they will deliver to there. DeliveryBox is a good product but more so if you are buying/returning a lot of parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Did anyone fix their dripping showers yet? We're out of the warranty period, and so we offered a side job to the plumbing contractor, but he wasn't interested. Before I detach the tap, does anyone know whether only the rubber washer needs to be replaced (and what size is needed), or whether I should get a valve cartridge (again, what size and type). I was told this was a common issue, so I'm hoping someone has already done maintenance on their showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

Hi Everyone,

We're on Bridge Avenue and having some trouble with plumbing. There's a smell running through our house, coming from the downstairs toilet - not the nicest! Presume there's a vent blocked somewhere. Has anyone else had this issue and/ or can recommend a plumber in the area?

There are contact details on their website. warranty info should already be with them from when it was installed and configured.

The Camden phase use a different heating system by Daiken, I don't believe Joule provided any of the components.

Also I think Joule only provided part of the system in the original phase.

I believe the original installer was another company M&F Plumbing iirc.

Hi Everyone,

We're on Bridge Avenue and having some trouble with plumbing. There's a smell running through our house, coming from the downstairs toilet - not the nicest! Presume there's a vent blocked somewhere. Has anyone else had this issue and/ or can recommend a plumber in the area?

You can remove the worktop or whatever it's called and take a look.
    You need to cut the sealant with a blade then slide it out towards you.
    It could be a leaking pipe.

Or just get a plumber to do it all..
    Certainly the sooner the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

Hi All, I have a quick question (apologies if it has already been answered further back on the thread) but does the kitchen come tiled? I know the bathrooms do but I am just wondering and the kitchen. Thanks in advance, Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

DaffDaff wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a quick question (apologies if it has already been answered further back on the thread) but does the kitchen come tiled? I know the bathrooms do but I am just wondering and the kitchen. Thanks in advance, Aoife

No tiles in the kitchen.

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    No tiles in the kitchen.

Laminate is also an option for the kitchen if you go for the water resistant type like balterio grande. We did all the ground floor and the bedrooms in it. And then a cheaper one for the attic and hot press. We're laminate folk! Laminate for life (or 25 years according to the guarantee apparently). Cost around 7k. And grey carpet (like everyone else!) for the stairs and landings (around 1200 I think). Just to give you an idea of price

Advertisement