Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Toni not oozing charisma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Fook, fair play to Alcinas, held his nerve
    Snakebite was $hite though
    Really opens up that bottom part of the draw - winner of Dolan/Cullen to make the quarters? Maybe Alcinas himself - think he made the quarters last yr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I've never been a fan of Wright, can't quite put my finger on why

Happy for Alcinas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

first big shock

it has been a dire championships so far
    jesus 92 players is great for the players but not the viewers
    standard is shocking
    so many awfull players

wright was defending alot of money from 2017 so order of merit will suffer alot also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ally Duck will be along any minute now.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

He’s very inconsistent and I don’t think he’ll ever win the Worlds.

All the tinkering with his darts has gotta be a distraction.

Alcinas is no mug

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Don't know who that is. Ha ha. Wright's a nice guy. I wish him all the best. Might be time for him to get rid of the ridiculous mohican and clown image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is betting talk allowed here or is there a betting thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

thats the last time he wears that santa suit :)

• Advertisement

Ive talked betting, nothing said. Any winners?

Peter Wright to get eliminated from the Premier League a certainty. Can't see him getting his form back. He was so consistent for 3 or 4 years, only for MVG hed probably have 9 or 10 majors. He just looks done now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Peter Wright to get eliminated from the Premier League a certainty. Can't see him getting his form back. He was so consistent for 3 or 4 years, only for MVG hed probably have 9 or 10 majors. He just looks done now

He'd surely get a wildcard no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭bren2001

Is it a certainty? He's 200k ahead of Gurney which would mean he has to win the Worlds to catch him. Incredibly unlikely he's out (unless it doesn't work the way I think it works)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Betting talk is allowed, however if you want to start a dedicated betting thread then go for it as it might be better if it had it's own thread.

hes in premier league easy
    not even in question

top 4 are auto choice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Given that the PL is an exhibition/pantomime, I can’t see any way that Wright isn’t part of the circus

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

bren2001 wrote: »
    Is it a certainty? He's 200k ahead of Gurney which would mean he has to win the Worlds to catch him. Incredibly unlikely he's out (unless it doesn't work the way I think it works)

You're right. Wright got to the semi-finals in 2017 so he won 80k. He just lost in the second round this year so picked up 15k meaning that he is down 65k in the rankings.

Gurney got to the quarter finals in 2017 and picked up 38k meaning he would have to get to the final to overtake Wright in the rankings. Unlikely but possible.

Anderson is also behind Wright in the rankings and made the final in 2017 so is also defending a lot of money. It's highly unlikely that Wright would fall behind both Anderson and Gurney.

it's kind of irrelevant anyway because he would get in as a wild card.

highest rank player not to get in was wade in 8th was it?

Just on the betting front.

Anderson, Cross and Price to make the Semi-Finals - 17.17/1.

Anderson, Smith and Price to make the Semi-Finals - 21.71/1.

No market on the First Quarter because MvG will walk it, hopefully see him and Jelle Klaasen in the Quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Just on the betting front.

Anderson, Cross and Price to make the Semi-Finals - 17.17/1.

Anderson, Smith and Price to make the Semi-Finals - 21.71/1.

No market on the First Quarter because MvG will walk it, hopefully see him and Jelle Klaasen in the Quarters.

There’s bad blood there isn’t there? Vaguely remember a reason but not sure of it’s validity

I meant certainty to get eliminated on elimination night. NForm is so bad i cant see him getting back near his best. Never said he wouldn't be in it, hes automatic pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

munster87 wrote: »
    There’s bad blood there isn’t there? Vaguely remember a reason but not sure of it’s validity

Jelle did something silly. Owned up to it, said he'd take whatever punishments were going and publicly apologised for hurt caused.

But he was still very silly

munster87 wrote: »
    Sent explicit pictures to Van Gerwen's mentally disabled relation, might've been his sister I can't recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sent explicit pictures to Van Gerwen's mentally disabled relation, might've been his sister I can't recall.

Klassen threw the pint I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Klassen has done the crime and done the time IMO.
    Yet MVG's blatant refusal to shake his hand whenever they play has the effect of prolonging the legacy of what he did.
    And it also cost Klassen a place on the 2016 World Cup of darts team, despite being the 2nd highest ranked Dutch player in 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Tarzann wrote: »
    Yet MVG's blatant refusal to shake his hand whenever they play has the effect of prolonging the legacy of what he did.

MVG is entitled to do this as he sees fit, I don't think I'd shake Klaasen's hand either tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Trina Gulliver, really struggling at this craic, has she been a commentator/pundit for the bdo/women before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Gotya wrote: »
    Trina Gulliver, really struggling at this craic, has she been a commentator/pundit for the bdo/women before?

I’ve never seen her analyzing for BDO, she’s terrible, are sky paying her or is it voluntary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

VdV best walk on in darts

Advertisement