Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lebanon

• 17-12-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

I'll be travelling to Beirut for a conference next March and was wondering if anyone had any tips on travelling there from Ireland. I know there are no direct flights. I'm currently considering flying to Athens, maybe spending a day there, and then flying on to Beirut with Aegean Airlines. Has anyone ever done anything similar, or have any alternative suggestions? Similarly, for anyone who's been to Lebanon before - would there be enough to do to warrant spending a few (3/4) days travelling around the country myself? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I haven't been OP.
    A friend was there recently.

It was interesting.

The country has been highly impacted by the regional instability.
    In terms of slightly older history there is a rte documentary on one, that you should be able to find through a search.

It is by or heavily features Robert Fisk, the journalist.

Erdogan airlines aka Turkish airlines is the cheapest option but Lufthansa and air France are slightly dearer with similar offerings in terms of flight duration.
    There is no direct flight from Ireland to Beirut.

There was a Lebanese movie a few years back called Caramel, it offers insights into the place.

Advertisement