Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funny Farming Pics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Interesting comments after......not too many sympathisers

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Ignorant internet troll morons

Hiyaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

cC3haqf.jpg
    From YLYL9, so we can figure out what's attacking our bales:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭emaherx

467895.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ian Laking (@IHLaking) Tweeted:
    i can honestly say i did not expect that https://t.co/RhGN7acHHq https://twitter.com/IHLaking/status/1072526899098910720?s=17

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Now turn your phone upside down and watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

dairy-cows-silage-730x375.jpg

the cow has a black calf drawn on its face

X1NA0J1.jpg

• Advertisement

pbtmjT3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

57a.jpg

aaLbqwW.jpg

FB-IMG-1545846821442.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

The second lad and the big "Ahh" head on him. He knows there's something wrong with the picture but he can't quite put his finger on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

A house up the road from us was sold recently, it's derelict as long as I can remember and only 4 walls and an iron roof. The purchaser is seemingly an avid DIYer and no doubt will get lots of opportunities to showcase his talent within his new abode.

He has a Toyota auris and a single axel trailer, it looks to be a 6×3 trailer. I seen him passing by our lane before Xmas on route from the Co Op. He had a load of the Corry drainage pipes, the handy molded plastic one's that come in 20 foot lenghts of various diameters.

I can only assume that he was going joining them at 90" degrees angles as the last 2 foot of the bottom one's were dragging the road. He had only another mile of a trek home and I'm guessing the ends were well beveled with the tar by then. They had to be touching the ground from when he loaded them, the few euros extra for delivery would probably have been money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

A house up the road from us was sold recently, it's derelict as long as I can remember and only 4 walls and an iron roof. The purchaser is seemingly an avid DIYer and no doubt will get lots of opportunities to showcase his talent within his new abode.

He has a Toyota auris and a single axel trailer, it looks to be a 6×3 trailer. I seen him passing by our lane before Xmas on route from the Co Op. He had a load of the Corry drainage pipes, the handy molded plastic one's that come in 20 foot lenghts of various diameters.

I can only assume that he was going joining them at 90" degrees angles as the last 2 foot of the bottom one's were dragging the road. He had only another mile of a trek home and I'm guessing the ends were well beveled with the tar by then. They had to be touching the ground from when he loaded them, the few euros extra for delivery would probably have been money well spent.
    I might be just nostalgic but I love to see lads using small cars like that :D In saying that those corry pipes are'nt cheap to be wearing them down like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Bullocks wrote: »
    I might be just nostalgic but I love to see lads using small cars like that :D In saying that those corry pipes are'nt cheap to be wearing them down like that

When we were building the house here I went to builders merchant and got 7 3metre sewer pipes, l had them sticking out the sunroof of the Carina E and the lad at the security hut said ‘be jaysus you’re like a Syrian rebel’.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

mayota wrote: »
    When we were building the house here I went to builders merchant and got 7 3metre sewer pipes, l had them sticking out the sunroof of the Carina E and the lad at the security hut said ‘be jaysus you’re like a Syrian rebel’.

They must've been fairly high :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I helped a mart regular and all round character load three cows into the back of a transit a few weeks back. We had to build the half tonne of coal that was inside the back doors against the bulkhead first to make room.

The same man always regails me with the story that he started out dealing with a van and trailer. He's downsized to just a van for as long as I know him so business must not be too good.

It's amazing what you'll see around mart yards and builders providers. My own father managed for years with a fiesta so it can be done, there's a certain satisfaction in getting by with the bare minimum I suppose.

• Advertisement

I helped a mart regular and all round character load three cows into the back of a transit a few weeks back. We had to build the half tonne of coal that was inside the back doors against the bulkhead first to make room.

The same man always regails me with the story that he started out dealing with a van and trailer. He's downsized to just a van for as long as I know him so business must not be too good.

It's amazing what you'll see around mart yards and builders providers. My own father managed for years with a fiesta so it can be done, there's a certain satisfaction in getting by with the bare minimum I suppose.

3 cows and a half tonne of coal in the back of a Transit. Now that's a pic I want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

3 cows and a half tonne of coal in the back of a Transit. Now that's a pic I want to see.
    What a waste of diesel. Only half loading the van on a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Bullocks wrote: »

Back in the 70's my Uncle had a Beetle.
    Never was a car better designed for carrying a cwt of meal or coal on each corner.
    As kids, we thought it was great craic to climb over the back seat into the little cubby above the engine.
    No worries about seat belts in those days!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Back in the 70's my Uncle had a Beetle.
    Never was a car better designed for carrying a cwt of meal or coal on each corner.
    As kids, we thought it was great craic to climb over the back seat into the little cubby above the engine.
    No worries about seat belts in those days!

My mother had a succession of these. Two children in the pocket area at the back above the engine. 3 - 4 in the back seat and up to 2 in the passenger seat - to and from school with neighbours, friends etc.
    No child seats , no seat belts. Nada. Whenever a freshly killed pheasant or where a lorry had dropped turf etc was spotted on the road, the car came to a rapid halt and a child was dispatched to pick it up and add to the load ...

How did we survive! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

wZgTvXf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Irelands next top jumps jockey in the making!

Dvvf1T4WkAAUsbO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Super photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Gutsey little horse and rider!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Muckit wrote: »
    Gutsey little horse and rider!

I do a some hunting, it’s always great to see kids out enjoying getting out too. Does them the world of good.

• Advertisement

Brave little lad. Love the size of the pony and rider versus the size of that bank and ditch :D

Advertisement