Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Video of intercom not working

• 16-12-2018 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi.

The lock and sound works but the video of intercom doesn’t.

It’s terraneo.

See pic attached

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Hi.

The lock and sound works but the video of intercom doesn’t.

It’s terraneo.

See pic attached

Any suggestions? Thanks

I installed loads of these about ten years ago. Are you in an apartment?
    Cant really remember too much but I do remember that every 4 apartments would be on one module,
    Can you check with your neighbors if theres are working?
    If your in number 4 ask 1,2 and 3 . If your in number 8 ask 5,6,7 etc if theres are out its probably one of the modules.
    usually located in the service riser.
    If you can get someone with a working handset its easy to slide up your handset and swap them over and see if the fault stays.

Edit - I think it was a slightly different system I installed.

Cant really remember too much but I do remember that every 4 apartments would be on one module,
    If your in number 4 ask 1,2 and 3 . If your in number 8 ask 5,6,7 etc if theres are out its probably one of the modules.
    If you can get someone with a working handset its easy to slide up your handset and swap them over and see if the fault stays.

Thanks yes other neighbour’s handsets are working- problem is in our handset

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

youre talking about a comelit system , handy but these are not the same.

Is the monitor coming on at all, you should see some flickering on the black and white display as it starts ?

if the neighbours are working then its not the camera, if audio and unlock are still fine then wiring is unlikely the cause .

No lights.
    Management company says spend 500 grand and get a new handset. Sounds like an over priced item ?

• Advertisement

No lights.
    Management company says spend 500 grand and get a new handset. Sounds like an over priced item ?

yes it is, see if you can find one on ebay etc.. theres no coding or any really invasive electronics, also its likely just a replacement tube or inverter you need.

Does it matter if the model number is different ?
    Many thanks !

Does it matter if the model number is different ?
    Many thanks !

Thats a differently badged version of the same unit as yours, it should play ball.

youre talking about a comelit system , handy but these are not the same.

Is the monitor coming on at all, you should see some flickering on the black and white display as it starts ?

if the neighbours are working then its not the camera, if audio and unlock are still fine then wiring is unlikely the cause .

No I actually think it was bticino,

• Advertisement

Swapped my unit with a neighbour’s. Theirs work on our wire while ours didn’t work on theirs.. the Problem is in our phone unit.
    Took a pic of the back side of our defected unit.

Will need to get this replaced either from the eBay as one of you have suggested or another user may have one lying in their father’s storage they have PM me !

Would this code on the back be compatible with those versions I’m wondering

The eBay seller is saying he has two wire version while mine needs an eight wire version apparently ?
    Should I still get it and may be it would work?

Advertisement