Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JosieMcH

Tried Helping.com?

Interested in a cleaner too. Helpling doesn’t have cleaners in a Stepaside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sweet_potato

Is anyone else concerned about cars being parked on footpaths around the Belmont area?

Darley Lane / Thornberry Drive / parts of Hyde Road at certain times one can barely walk on footpaths at all.

Such parking should be considered illegal and fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mossy82

Yes Sweet_Potato, this is a bit annoying, I live in the center of this and it's frustrating pushing a buggy or walking with kids. 

I would suggest you get onto DLRCC about it and get someone up to issue tickets, however this might not go down well with your neighbours! 

Unfortunately this particular area has a lot of houses with only one parking spot and most houses have 2 cars! The only real solution is to ask people to park on Thornberry Road (where the builders often park/ parked) - good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bells12

Does anybody know when the pedestrian entrance to Old Kilgobbin road at the end of the development will be likely to be opened?

Hi bells12, I was talking to Anto the foreman about this last week, he said they need to finish the park section and put in a pond up around there  and then when all of this is complete they will open up the path onto the Old Kilbobbin Rd. He said it could be 3-4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 bells12

Thanks Mossy, don't suppose you know when work will start on the mound/reservoir part of the park towards the entrance.
    mossy82 wrote: »
    Hi bells12, I was talking to Anto the foreman about this last week, he said they need to finish the park section and put in a pond up around there  and then when all of this is complete they will open up the path onto the Old Kilbobbin Rd. He said it could be 3-4 months.

No idea bells12!

When is the big Belmont Summer Park party? I saw this and thought it would be cool to do something similar in the park!

www.streetfeast.ie  ... but a bit late to organise something for Sunday now.

Maybe when the playground opens up, ask a few street food vendors along. Is there a residents association that could do this!?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Anyone know when the next phase is due to be released?

please and thanks
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The original builder has gone bust, the remaining land is for sale, so it's unlikely to be anytime soon and whether it will be anything like the current development is anyones guess.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

The original builder has gone bust, the remaining land is for sale, so it's unlikely to be anytime soon and whether it will be anything like the current development is anyones guess.

The Original builder isn't bust. They made a lot of money buying land from 2011-2014. I don't think they build houses any more as they have found it more profitable to focus on buying up land, getting planning permission and then selling it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 darkotempo

SDR's website are listing a project "Belmont Stepaside - Luxury Suburban apartments" - seems as if that will be the next phase (whenever that will happen...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zygi2011

Hi
    I know on the last phase of belmont builders
    Fitted air source heat pomp. Could Someone
    Advice how efficient it is and what about electricity bill
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tex12

Hi Zygi,
    the elec bill whcih is our only bill, varies from mth to mth dending on the weather, as the heating is on a Thermostat. The houses are super well insulated always warm, or keep the heat once the heating heats it up in cold weather.
    Our last few bill this year were €137 for Sept/oct, €129 July/August. We find it very efficent and reasonable. Also we have our child minded at home, so elec is used prob more during the day that if house was empty( everyone at work)

Hi Folks
    We are Going to move in on Thornberry Road
    Soon.
    Do you know who provide internet in this particular area?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

zygi2011 wrote: »
    Hi Folks
    We are Going to move in on Thornberry Road
    Soon.
    Do you know who provide internet in this particular area?
    Thanks

Currently virgin media and sky Conway can supply to the estate. We use Virgin and works well.

I believe Eir and Vodafone DSL and FTTC services should be enabled in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭carloscorreia

Happy New Year Neighbours!

Do you know any Air to Water pump company/person that you could recommend (via pm please)?
    Today I got an error on the outside pump controller.

Thank you in advance.

PM sent
    Happy New Year Neighbours!

Do you know any Air to Water pump company/person that you could recommend (via pm please)?
    Today I got an error on the outside pump controller.

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,020 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey,

anyone in the estate on Belmont Drive (specifically Alderman Road) advise on what Broadband options are available?
    Also, who are people using for bin collection?

VirginMedia doesnt show that it does Belmont Drive, though it does Atkinson which is just across the green...?

Cheers!

My understanding is Alderman was the one of the last roads for Phase 1 and didn't get anything apart from Conway Broadband.

Siro is being installed into the estate at present they were at the bottom of Atkinson and Belmont Drive this morning doing the physical work.

There are two bin companies servicing the area, most bins near us are fro Panda.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hey,

anyone in the estate on Belmont Drive (specifically Alderman Road) advise on what Broadband options are available?
    Also, who are people using for bin collection?

VirginMedia doesnt show that it does Belmont Drive, though it does Atkinson which is just across the green...?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Hi all,

Am wondering what's the quickest/best way from the estate to the Glencairn Luas stop? I know there's a path outside the estate, before Grianan Fidh, that goes to Ferncarrig Avenue, but is there any other way?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Kerryite wrote: »
    Hi all,

Am wondering what's the quickest/best way from the estate to the Glencairn Luas stop? I know there's a path outside the estate, before Grianan Fidh, that goes to Ferncarrig Avenue, but is there any other way?

Thanks!

Unfortunatelly there's only one way. Which is annoying when you go from the schools are after dropping kids. You have to walk back up and around. We need some pedestrian access from the school area to Sandyford Hall estate... That would save people around 10 mins in the morning,

Martynet wrote: »
    Unfortunatelly there's only one way. Which is annoying when you go from the schools are after dropping kids. You have to walk back up and around. We need some pedestrian access from the school area to Sandyford Hall estate... That would save people around 10 mins in the morning,

There is a planning requirement to connect footpath to Kilgobbin road between Phase 1 and Phase 2. This is being followed up with SDR and DLRCC but may take a while.

Hi Folks
    We moved in to Belmont estate two months ago
    I can say that is beautiful spot we have so nice neighbours and all is great!!
    Thank you very much for warm welcome!

Hi Folks
    We moved in to Belmont estate two months ago
    I can say that is beautiful spot we have so nice neighbours and all is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auris00

I've seen some mention of a shortcut to Old Kilgobbin road, does anyone know if that will happen in the near future?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Hi all, does anybody know of any pyrite testing that was done in Belmont or any issues in the area? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

<<Hi all, does anybody know of any pyrite testing that was done in Belmont or any issues in the area? Thanks!>>

Not that I’m aware of, but pyrite has never been an issue in this area. Have been living here for over 5 years now. There have been issues, of course, but nothing to do with pyrite. If you’re looking at buying, the initial issues have been sorted out, for example, we had a problem with the garage roof not being insulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Binsi7

Hi all,
    I am planning to buy a second hand house in Belmont, Stepaside. I have seen a pattern of 3 to 4bed room house always their for sale. I wanted to know is there any specific issue with the houses or area. why people are moving from 3-4 years of living there. Am I missing something which I need to know before I book. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Binsi7 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am planning to buy a second hand house in Belmont, Stepaside. I have seen a pattern of 3 to 4bed room house always their for sale. I wanted to know is there any specific issue with the houses or area. why people are moving from 3-4 years of living there. Am I missing something which I need to know before I book. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks !

Hi, I live in Belmont since 2013 and we are very happy with our house. I know 3 or 4 families which moved away and from what I know, the quality of their house was never the reason. One family needed a bit more space, another family wanted to move to different city where they were originally from and last family had to move abroad because of a job... I hope this helps. I really like our house and the area around here. cheers

Advertisement