Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it too risky booking with WOW Air?

Options
  • 14-11-2018 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Thinking about booking a trip to Iceland next year, maybe March.

I heard that WOW may dissolve or be acquired by Icelandair. I don't know how true that is.

If we book with them and they are acquired by Icelandair, will our ticket still be valid?

What if they go the same way as Cobalt? Do we lose everything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

TK Lemon wrote: »
    Thinking about booking a trip to Iceland next year, maybe March.

I heard that WOW may dissolve or be acquired by Icelandair. I don't know how true that is.

If we book with them and they are acquired by Icelandair, will our ticket still be valid?

What if they go the same way as Cobalt? Do we lose everything?

It already has been taken over by Icelandair. Tickets booked via WOW would still be still be valid even if the WOW brand were to disappear and the flight operated by Icelandair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Book by credit (real credit - not debit, not a 'virtual', etc) card and have appropriate travel insurance.

Realistically you should do this for ANY travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

L1011 wrote: »
    Book by credit (real credit - not debit, not a 'virtual', etc) card and have appropriate travel insurance.

Realistically you should do this for ANY travel.

But realistically people always go for the lowest option!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Some (or maybe even many) travel insurance policies don't cover airline failure - people taking package holidays don't need it.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Everything with wow will be fine. as the buy over is in the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Some (or maybe even many) travel insurance policies don't cover airline failure - people taking package holidays don't need it.

Doesn't matter, they cover the other stuff and you'll be able to do a charge back on your credit card if it goes pete tong.

Hope you didn’t book with them as they are shedding 11 aircraft and hundreds of jobs. Looks like the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Hope you didn’t book with them as they are shedding 11 aircraft and hundreds of jobs. Looks like the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords.

I saw in a group on Facebook that I’m in!

We didn’t book yet, but still considering Iceland. :)

Great place. Bring a full wallet. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Should point out that the Icelandair deal fell through and while it has new investment it's not from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement