Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Movie Nominations Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sorry, but Die Hard and Gremlins, despite their general merits, just arent Christmas movies.
    How so? What exactly makes you think they arent christmas films?

Die hard, its his wifes christmas party, on christmas eve, there are at least 3 christmas songs on the soundtrack lots more things.

gremlins - pretty much the whole film takes place at christmas, its a wonderful life is on the tv, people walk about singing and listening to christmas songs, there are christmas decorations all over the place, there are carolers (including gremlins).

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Muppet Family Christmas is a must see
    Elf
    Home Alone
    While you were sleeping
    Arthur Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Gremlins - Saw this as a very young kid but to this day Im still madly in love with Phoebe Cates

Die Hard II - They had the good sense to set the sequel at christmas as well.

National Lampoons Christmas vacation - I think I like this just because of the Griswald house and how its decorated.

Edit: The Muppet Christmas carol -Have to put this in aswell. Saw it last year in the lighthouse cinema with a screen full of adults and kids and it was magical. Not ashamed to admit that I did shed a tear or two.

Although I do think that "Fred Clause" with Vince Vaughan is massively underrated.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I completely forgot to do the poll for this!

That's just a testament to how busy work was just before Christmas, although it's not much better this month :P

Noms can continue until Sunday and I will open the poll Monday Morning, something to look forward to for after the decorations come down for everyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    I completely forgot to do the poll for this!
    I didn't even notice! #badmod :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sorry, but Die Hard and Gremlins, despite their general merits, just arent Christmas movies.

I wholeheartedly agree :)

Oh no, let's not start the Die Hard debate again! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Oh no, let's not start the Die Hard debate again! :D

No let’s :pac:

Okay fine!

It's a Christmas film.
    It's set on Christmas eve at a Christmas party about a man visiting his family for Christmas... it's a no brainer! :p

Advertisement