Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social contradiction on how we treat animals

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Worztron wrote: »
    There's a reason people don't eat garden grass. The comparison to begin with is nonsensical.

There's good reason people here don't eat dog and other animals such as rat. The comparison stands and 'grass' is used to help explain the equivalence. If you don't understand that - I can't help you tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Suckler wrote: »
    I wonder why all aspects of the deforestation and destruction of flora & fauna are not recorded and shown on mainstream TV such as RTE1? Oh wait, that's right - it'd be so awful to show the militant vegans the reality of their food choices and the glaring contradictions in their accusations arguments

Is it only vegans that eat grain?... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Spare me your clichés, please.

You missed the point.
    1. A malnourished vegan child due to under-educated parents is sad.
    2. Countless malnourished children due to the politics and economics of food production is even sadder but unfortunately, just a statistic which is ignored.
    3. Millions upon millions of over-nourished American children, due to under-educated parents and a manipulative food industry, is even more ignored reality, focusing instead on sensationalisation of rare, single cases.

Anyway, as I say, these repetitive claims clogging up the board could easily be referred to a myth sticky on the board, if there's someone out there qualified to construct one. They're tiresome ("all vegans look ill"), so I won't be revisiting the subject.

P.S. two of your links are subscriptions.
    Another is from 2005 (involving raw food, which really is parents' miseducation), another from 2011. Of the two recent ones, one has to reference 1990 and 2007 to reinforce its case. That one involved feeding a baby soy milk instead of human milk, so there are bound to be problems, just as there are feeding babies cows' milk. Cliché warning: be careful what you wish for.
    Ah, please forgive me for not posting up to date links. I'm not up to date with Veganism propaganda. I'm sure you can find more appropriate links if you choose to look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Suckler

YFlyer wrote: »
    Is it only vegans that eat grain?... Lol

No. Never said that.
    Lol indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

I'm not sure how'd that sticky workout.

Me neither. It could be dealt with incrementally.

• Advertisement

So David where's all these 'myths' you've brought up? Bit of a non event for this thread anyway as far as I can see.

I'm not sure how'd that sticky workout.

Or start here. It's not comprehensive but it's a pretty good start.

Or start here. It's not comprehensive but it's a pretty good start.

Seriously a website with generic answers????

How about we have a thread where posters just throw websites at each other.

Here's some to start ...

Veganuary

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/veganism-environment-veganuary-friendly-food-diet-damage-hodmedods-protein-crops-jack-monroe-a8177541.html

Diet

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/vegan-betrayal-the-myths-vs-the-realities-of-a-plants-only-diet/

General
    https://legionathletics.com/9-lies-vegans-love-telling/

And yes I'm making a point here. Such daft ideas are not only against the spirit of a discussion forum - it has no relevance whatsover to the topic of this thread.

Or are you just going to keep ignoring that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

nature

• Advertisement

In July, India's Supreme Court requested that the government enact new legislation to control the increasing mob violence and lynchings over alleged cattle theft, eating beef, child kidnapping and other crimes, often aided by fake news, in the country this year.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Hindu vigilantes often roam the roads in northern India to protect cows, frequently resulting in assaults against India's Muslim population - some 14 percent of the country's 1.3 billion people.

Religious violence, trying to impose their beliefs on others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Typical extremist hypocrisy & intolerance.
    Kill and eat all the water buffalo you like, but touch a cow and we'll kill you .....

Advertisement