Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant phone calls from “online investment” companies

• 06-11-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

As you can probably guess from the title, I’m being bombarded by calls from an “online investigation” company who claim to be from Sweden but the accents are definitely Asian.
    They claim I have given my details to them or shown an interest in online investing. Obviously I never did.
    So why not just block the number? I have done, but they keep calling back on different numbers! I’m talking up to 10 times a day! It’s getting ridiculous and so far I’ve blocked easily 60-70 different numbers. Some are uk numbers, some Sweden, US, Belgium and some are even Irish.
    Has anyone any advice on how I can get this to stop? So far I’ve tried contacting Eir who advised me to block the numbers, which I’m doing.
    I have also spend a half hour on the phone being shunted back and forth trying to get off a contact list, asked family to answer the phone and pretend they don’t know me/I’m unavailable/I’m dead. I’ve spent an memorable hour pretending to be interested to try and get the company details (the guy asked me to open my laptop and go to a site and put in my card details. Lol, no) and I’ve threatened legal action if they don’t stop harassing me. I’ve also tried ignoring the calls but they won’t stop ringing over and over until I answer or block.
    Has anyone had a similar experience? How do I make it stop? If it wasn’t for the fact I use my phone for work I’d change my number!

If this is in the wrong thread I apologise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You need to say clearly to them to take you off their contact list. Then contact Eir again tell them blocking hasn't worked and they they must be able to tell from their own call pattern where these call are coming from a block them. Tell them you want to open a customer complaint and escalate it to their management.

A similar scheme to this was going on with mobiles but I guess 3 shut them down because the calls stopped.

If its your mobile and a business account maybe push it more with Eir or switch to 3 or VF....maybe they have better network monitoring and will stop them harassing their customers

Or buy a whistle had blast them every time they call. Say hi, blast, then hello can't hear you blast after a few call they might stop.

Also if you still know the web side loop up the domain registration details and contact the provider get them shut down

Advertisement