Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to get blood tests?

• 02-11-2018 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've moved to Ireland 3 years ago and I'm still confusing about the health system.

Could you give some tips how is the easiert and cheapest way to get blood tests?

I need to get it done for:
    Testosterone
    Free Testosterone
    LH
    FSH
    SHGB
    Oestradiol
    Prolactin

Also, if possible, cholesterol, ALT and AST

The way I've known is: See a GP (50 euros), ask him for these exams, pay the exams (it might be very expensive)

Is there any another way to do it? Could you please advise me?

Thank you,
    Jose Junior
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

The easiest way is to go to a GP to have the blood taken and for them to interpret the results for you.

I'm a bit confused why you say you need certain tests carried out. If you need to see an endocrinologist, a GP can refer you to one.

Advertisement