Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For Sale /Wanted (read first post before advertising)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

hi - was hoping just a few hundred euro for mabe a 2 berth Compass caravan, I need to fit it under a carport which is about 2.7m high

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

I recently purchased a pre-owned Fiamma Ultra-Box, but when it arrived, it was way larger in 3-D than I thought it would be! (even though I knew the dimensions before I bought it). Too big for the back of my motorhome, ideal for a larger MH or a roof, but way more storage space than I need. Size 110cm x 90cm x 40cm.
    In very good condition, some well-repaired corner damage on close inspection, plenty of pics available.
    So if you are looking to upsize your (smaller!) roofbox, get in touch for further discussion. I'll put it on Adverts.ie later, pics will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

I'm trying to source a used Fiamma-type MH storage box that will fix to my camper bike rack.
    I'm hoping to swap/sell the box I have (see my 'downsizing' post)
    Let me know if you have one available. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Hi folks
    I'm looking for a small caravan similar to BigGeorge above. I intend using it as an office at sporting events so no need of furniture, if it had toilet facilities that would be a great bonus.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Adria Aleta 2016 472 DS perfect condition,

• Advertisement

60L with Freezer. Gas, Mains, 12V.
    Fully serviceable.
    Open to offers.

Clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Selling my little van if anyone is seeking one

http://www.adverts.ie/18248354

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi all. I see this has been dormant for a while but what harm.

Looking into buying my first caravan. Used primarily for myself, my wife and our four year old. Secondary to that would be my wife, our four year old, her sister two early teens so a 5-berth (where you'd squeeze the four year old to make 6) would be ideal but willing to take something that would just take the three of us too.

Not too concerned with age once the condition is right. Sub €5.5k would be the plan. If anyone has anything or even advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

I bought a coach built motorhome, so unfortunately my wee ford freda/bongo is up for sale on adverts - https://www.adverts.ie/campers-motorhomes/1996-ford-freda-mazda-bongo/20912277

edit - sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sheedy234

Hi all,

I found a a nice 132 VW lwb transporter that I would like to convert to pop top. It has 245k kms on clock ,belt and water pump done at 218. Full service history. Would I be mad converting at this milage at a cost of 20k with conversion and vrt on top of van price ? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I was in a taxi with over 500,000 miles last week. They can keep going if you look after them. My Mondeo has 340,000km on the clock and I've had no issue going on a trip to France or Spain with it as a towing vehicle. The way I'd look at it - you could get another 150k out of it anyway. Is €20k worth it for you for that? Resale value may not be great. From the campervans I'm looking at, people do about 5k kms a year. So that's a lot of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Any way of selling a caravan without attracting the undesirables. Family member has a fairly new caravan he's thinking of selling. I sold one a few years ago on DoneDeal & was plagued by "whats the best price boss" brigade. Most you will recognize but some are more polished.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

TigerTim wrote: »
    Any way of selling a caravan without attracting the undesirables. Family member has a fairly new caravan he's thinking of selling. I sold one a few years ago on DoneDeal & was plagued by "whats the best price boss" brigade. Most you will recognize but some are more polished.

T.

Sell it to dealer but you'll take a hit on the price or put it on ebay, wilson auctions or
    put it on donedeal with lots of photos all the good and bad points you may need a gallery and link to it. Have all the information they may want. Only have a burner email address and only get back to the ones you like the sound of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

TigerTim wrote: »

T.

I got screwed by one 3 years ago. He got a friend/cousin pretend he was the buyer calling saying he was in Carlow (I was in Cork) but that he'd have a friend who was a mechanic come and check it out. The "mechanic" appeared within the hour, girlfriend with the huge errings sitting in the car. In inspecting my camper he 'found" damp, even sitting water in a place I know it could not have been, in retrospect. He was very very good at his job - made me think my van was about to collapse with damp and other problems. Offered me about 1 quarter of what I was looking for it, cash on the spot, no more inspections required. I was so disheartened I took it!
    Barsteward took off with the logbook and it took about 6 months, and a complaint by me to the local Gardai, to get the guys at Shannon to take my name off the files - in the meantime any speeding tickets or parking would have been my responsibility (there weren't any, as it happens). I actually met the guy (near a halting site near Ballincollig) twice to try to get the logbook back and he told me (a) he hadn't got it then (b) he'd signed it and sent it to Shannon.
    About 18 months later I got a phone call from some poor guy in Wexford who'd bought it, and yer man told him I still had the logbook and he should get it from me! So I suspect the logbook is legitimising some other dodgy camper somewhere!
    So beware - have somebody else with you, and leave the logbook in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

New buyer is supposed to sign the logbook too as well as the seller.

I'd never let them away with the logbook if I was selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

New buyer is supposed to sign the logbook too as well as the seller.

I'd never let them away with the logbook if I was selling it.

The guy paid from a roll of €50 notes, drove it away immediately, his wife drove his car, and it was only then that I realised I had the logbook in the van. And since I had to walk home since I met him in a public place, there was no way I could catch up with him. I didn't manage to get a response from him on the phone until a couple of days later.

Oh, I was kicking myself, so that's why I'm saying to anyone selling to these guys to be prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    The guy paid from a roll of €50 notes,

Only trouble is you've no way of checking that the roll of notes is not counterfeit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Only trouble is you've no way of checking that the roll of notes is not counterfeit.

I sold a motorbike recently, buyer paid in cash (again, from a wad of €50s). I met him at a local garage, and after he put the cash in my hand, I started sweating that it was counterfeit. I went into the shop and bought us a bar of chocolate each, using one of the notes and asked the cashier to check it. She smiled and said "You've just sold your bike?" and I nodded :D She then confirmed the notes were legit.
    That allowed me to check the legitimacy before he drove off on my bike.

Might help someone in the future with the same worry.

I'm clearing out the treasure horde. Solar charge controllers, inverters, mains chargers and oddities here.

I also have a pretty much new 60L Dometic 3-way fridge on the way and a 110Wp Solar panel I'll be listing soon. PM me if you want to skip the queue.

Willing to trade for a calorifer, 24v hydronic diesel heater, general hydronic dofers (expansion vessels/heat exchangers etc..) or 24v controls for an Eberspacher D1LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ccmp

Hi there, I'm looking for a starter caravan. Ideally 4 to 6 berth. Old but clean and solid would be fine, but could stretch if needed. Anything out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

ccmp wrote: »
    solid would be fine, but could stretch if needed. Anything out there?

This helps no one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I did a bit of a clear out of surplus stuff today. Have a look HERE, you might find something of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

niloc1951 wrote: »
    I did a bit of a clear out of surplus stuff today. Have a look HERE, you might find something of interest

The stuff, plus a couple of other bits are also up HERE

That's a great price for those DC Regs Niloc...almost tempted myself.

Ebay's full of tyre kickers. I've had a loada interest from fellars asking if they can have it for free and will I deliver it too. So far I've sold a jigsaw for next to nothing...

3-Way fridge for sale here.
    110W Solar panel here.

Tyre kickers welcome. €5 per tyre!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi All,

If anyone is looking for a triple bunk six berth caravan I will be selling our one around May / June. Just waiting on a delivery date for the replacement.

Caravelair Anteres Lux 496 from 2008.

Very easy to tow and as light as you will get for a six berth caravan. 1010kg MIRO and 1250kg maximum weight.

Sleeping:
    Triple bunk to rear with side dinette that makes into a single bed.
    U shaped lounge seating in the from makes into a king size double bed.

Bathroom:
    Mid caravan wet room bathroom with shower sink and toilet. The toilet cassette was replaced in the last two years as seals were getting a little sticky on the original and the ‘thetford fresh up kit’ including brand new cassette and toilet seat wasn’t a whole lot more than the seals by themselves. Toilet has electronic flush rather than the manual hand pump on the 2006/2007 models. Large integrated fresh water holding tank for the toilet also. Bathroom skylight will be brand new as replacement on order due to handles on original getting brittle.

Kitchen:
    Mid caravan kitchen with 3 way fridge and 3 hob gas burner. Overhead storage lockers, and low-level pot cupboard and cutlery drawer.
    Carver Electric water heater.

General:
    Reading light installed in each bunk bed. Additional LED spotlights installed in lounge area for reading at night. Ceiling and kitchen lights upgraded to LED.
    New Heki skylight in lounge area last year.
    Lots of storage with high level cupboards front and rear and large shelved wardrobe beside the bathroom. Storage under all seats also.
    Cassette blinds on all windows with black out blinds and fly screens. Privacy net curtains on all windows and original curtains all present.

Externally:
    Powrtouch auto engage motor mover installed.
    Anti-sway tow hitch installed. New tires in the last two years.
    Spare wheel and jack present in front locker, where the gas bottle and water barrel are stored. Lightweight full size calor gas bottle can be included.
    2 bike rack on front A frame installed two years ago. Also have the original plastic fairing for the A frame if the bike rack is not needed. Easily removed.
    External socket on awning side of caravan.
    New full size awning purchased from Charles camping in June 2020, so very little use.
    Hitch cover and caravan cover included.
    7 N & S power sockets allowing the battery to be charged and fridge kept cool while towing.

This is a really well looked after family caravan and has served us brilliantly as a family with 3 kids. The eldest is getting a little big for the height of the bunks at this stage, which is the only reason for changing it. No damp. Originally purchased in Charles camping and we are the second owners, having bought it in 2012.

Price is €10500 including awning, bike rack, step, water barrel and waste master waste water container, hitch cover and caravan cover. All you need to go on fantastic family adventures is your own bedding, clothes, food and utensils. Not interested in low ball offers so please don’t waste your time sending any. If you are genuinely interested send me a PM and I’ll get pictures to you as soon as I can.

I don’t have photos ready yet as the caravan is not stored at my house. I will have a valid reason to be in the area in the next two weeks and will prepare pictures then.

Not advertised elsewhere yet, but will be when I have the pictures ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Full set of Ducato Boxer Relay B Pillar trims (for bulkhead) in mint condition
    https://www.adverts.ie/interiors-parts/ducato-boxer-relay-b-pillar-trims/23419067

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Looking for a Mitsubishi Delica for a project. One needing work would suit. PM me please if you have anything. Might consider similar vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Camping BBQ for sale, only used once...comes with 6 camping gas small cyclinders!
    More here - https://www.adverts.ie/gas-bbq-s/kuhn-rikon-portable-camping-gas-barbeque-bbq/23401731

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Hi all. Considering a motorhome purchase.. About to semi-retire and will have a lot of spare time on our (wife and I) hands. Love travelling and seeing new places within our wee country but also would like to be able to see more of France and Spain. Only a B license holder, but I know the vast majority of "normal sized" motorhomes are within my license category nowadays.

Have done a few Google searches for Motorhome sellers in Ireland, but hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as to where I should start looking. I've noticed a few of the sites I was on already and very "Message us for enquiry" type sellers. I'd rather have a fair idea of price before putting finger to email.

Happy to buy new, albeit with finance. I guess if you start with a brand new motorhome you will get a long time out of it before having to worry about general ware and tear probabilities?

Looking forward to your suggestions and assistance. Thanks 😊

Advertisement