Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Wells Murder

• 23-10-2018 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I'm late to the game but have you watched Evil Genius on Netflix?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Brian_Wells

It tells of the events leading to the death of Brian Wells who had just robbed a bank with a bomb collar around his neck.

It's so totally strange. The opening episode tells you how one of the key characters had a body in a freezer and it just spirals in the levels of absurdity from there.

The main question posed was , was Wells knowingly involved in the scheme or was he coerced.

I think he had commited to it but that it got out of hand totally with the neck bomb and scavenger hunt.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It was a good series, I had known about the story previously as I had listened to a few podcasts on the subject but it was interesting to see all of the news footage etc. about the case. The series is well worth a look, especially for people unfamiliar with the case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I enjoyed the series. I always thought that Wells was just out on a delivery and was forced to put the device on and forced to do the robbery.
    I don't think it was the most well thought out robbery in the history of bank robberies, well it was way overthought by people involved who I wouldn't classify as smart people. I also think that the woman involved wanted to kill so Wells never had a chance.

I also believe that Wells was handpicked to do the robbery because of his situation and that he was not the smartest guy in the world.

I do plan to re-watch the series and get a refresher on it. But I do recall that it got more zany the more it unfolded.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

I know of the case and listened to Casefile's episodes on it. Will definitely be checking out this on Netflix though. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Advertisement