Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Someone knows something

• 24-05-2016 11:06am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

11 30'ish minutes episodes.

About a 5 year old boy who disappears on a fishing trip in Canada 43 years ago.

I heard about it on "My favourite Murders" podcast.

Am on number 6 and am really enjoying it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just listened to Episode 1.
    It's intriguing enough to make me listen to the next episode.

The one thing is though, the parents sound like the Steven Avery's parents from 'Making a Murderer'! :eek: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've listened to 3. It's very good. The forensic artist who did the drawing was so compassionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've listened to all episodes now. Very enjoyable, but obviously a sad story. I must have a look on the SKS website to their extra contents (photos, maps etc.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished it the other day, very good. Sad.

Couple of episodes of season 2 are out and an update on 1. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.

• Advertisement

Very sad first episode - the mother was understandably upset. Hard not to have serious questions about the boyfriend character.

Episode 2 gave more about the police side of things.

The speculation that the
    missing woman was put through a wood chipper - shocked me hearing that in the car this morning.

Very sad case, really. Hard to see any resolution in terms of new information or the investigation. Unfortunately, the podcast's title rings true and that's where things appear to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The second series is very good too. Not as sad (for some reason) as the first one but really well produced - i look forward to seeing it in my feed.

Not unexpectedly, 2.10 was a rather different perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Just finished season 2 of this, very good and well researched. One of the best true crime podcasts I've listened to lately. Well worth checking out.

Update in my feed today - will listen later in the week.

Small updates on current cases. Plus, we'll be getting 3 more seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Real life. He doesn't go ahead with the stories unless a family member agrees to participate/support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Small updates on current cases. Plus, we'll be getting 3 more seasons.

Yeah... really good news about the upcoming series.

Really liked series 1 and 2. He has a very good way with people. He seems like a nice guy and people respond to that and seem to open up and talk to him. At times of course there are people that just don't want to talk as it would incriminate them...
    the boyfriend/fiance in series 2 for example.

Very well researched as well. Definitely one of my favourite podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I listened to season 1, I was disappointed.
    All that happened was 2 different dogs barked in the same location

It was dragged out imho, at the start of one episode it has dogs barking as if something was found. That wasn't even mentioned till the next episode!

Cienciano wrote: »
    I listened to season 1, I was disappointed.
    All that happened was 2 different dogs barked in the same location

It was dragged out imho, at the start of one episode it has dogs barking as if something was found. That wasn't even mentioned till the next episode!

I liked it. That case was from 1972 so it was always going to be a slow process trying to find anything, and highly unlikely that they'd find anything at all. David seems a likeable guy. He's a good narrator, not the best podcast ever but I've enjoyed it so far.

6 episodes from s3 just landed on my device.

Think they're released the entire season now. Just started episode one, interesting so far.

• Advertisement

The local newspaper woman seems quite ignorant, really.

S3 epilogue popped up a while ago. S4 drops tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Muttley_666

There is an update to Season 1 just recently published - and Season 4 seems to have dropped off mid-season......

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stormthecastle

Do all seasons follow the same case or a new case each season?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

All seasons are different cases. There are updates posted every now and again of cases from previous seasons.

They plugged another show recently, guess a sister podcast. It's called Escaping NXIVM and is about a cult.

Certainly one of the more difficult things I've heard this year.

Have only listened to SKS 5.01 so far. Very sad, but well told, as usual.

Didnt even realise they were doing another season. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Ridgen always does a great job.

The women's story of the discovery of the body in the second episode is just heartbreaking.

• Advertisement

Season 6 starts on May 12th.

Advertisement