Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Billie Barry

• 17-07-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My 3 year old starting in September, looking for some feedback please....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

silkee wrote: »
    My 3 year old starting in September, looking for some feedback please....

My DD spent a few years there, I wouldn’t recommend it. Very large groups in each class, all in lines, the absolute favourites at the front, learn tap and songs, your child has to be outstanding to stand out. Only a few ever get sent to auditions. No certificates awarded. I could see her confidence waning - lots of whispers. Moved her to NPAS at 8, much more relaxed and fun - she excelled, got annual certs and RCAI certs for ballet, tap, vocal, drama which she can use in the future, on her acting CV etc. They have an in-house agency and most kids get chances at something. She adored it. Dropped all at 16 but still has her certs and grade 5 in most if she ever wants to go back to it - at B.B. when you go you have nothing! NPAS promotes individuality-their motto was ‘be who you want to be’ and that’s it in essence. Owners would chat to you all day - LB & Co rush you in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 silkee

mockingjay wrote: »
    My DD spent a few years there, I wouldn’t recommend it. Very large groups in each class, all in lines, the absolute favourites at the front, learn tap and songs, your child has to be outstanding to stand out. Only a few ever get sent to auditions. No certificates awarded. I could see her confidence waning - lots of whispers. Moved her to NPAS at 8, much more relaxed and fun - she excelled, got annual certs and RCAI certs for ballet, tap, vocal, drama which she can use in the future, on her acting CV etc. They have an in-house agency and most kids get chances at something. She adored it. Dropped all at 16 but still has her certs and grade 5 in most if she ever wants to go back to it - at B.B. when you go you have nothing! NPAS promotes individuality-their motto was ‘be who you want to be’ and that’s it in essence. Owners would chat to you all day - LB & Co rush you in and out.

Thanks for all this mockingjay, it's great to get honest feedback! I sent deposit today so will have to do the trial and see how she goes. Are the uniforms etc expensive? I asked where do you get them and was told to wait to see if she is going to continue with it first....

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

silkee wrote: »
    Thanks for all this mockingjay, it's great to get honest feedback! I sent deposit today so will have to do the trial and see how she goes. Are the uniforms etc expensive? I asked where do you get them and was told to wait to see if she is going to continue with it first....

Can’t quite remember how much they are - you can only buy them from her! Otherwise you might be lucky and know someone who will be selling a second hand one. Best of luck..

Advertisement