Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Wireless Speakers for a Gym?

Options
  • 08-02-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Were fitting out our new gym at the moment and we need some speakers that can mount to the walls. They dont need to be wireless but a bonus i suppose.

The gym is 6000sqft, so its a big enough space and we like to play music loud. Ive looked at Sonos but honestly theyre out of our price range.

Im looking for any budget friendly suggestions for wireless speakers (probably 4), that have plenty of volume / bass and are decent quality.

Im also completely lost on what speaker cable to buy too...

Cheers guys, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

That's a very large space to fill to any reasonable volume. You'll need a system of a couple of hundred watts RMS at a minimum. Contact an installer for options. Something like what's in that link would barely work in your bedroom, and I don't even know the size of your bedroom!

Wireless is pointless also, the best thing is to plug your phone/player etc into an amp. Then the amp drives proper speakers via speaker cables. That way you avoid all possible Blutooth compatibility issues.

Try [snip] - a mate of mine.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

godfrey wrote: »
    That's a very large space to fill to any reasonable volume. You'll need a system of a couple of hundred watts RMS at a minimum. Contact an installer for options. Something like what's in that link would barely work in your bedroom, and I don't even know the size of your bedroom!

Wireless is pointless also, the best thing is to plug your phone/player etc into an amp. Then the amp drives proper speakers via speaker cables. That way you avoid all possible Blutooth compatibility issues.

Try [snip] - a mate of mine.

g

100% agree. Fancy gym with new gear and a ****e system cause you tried to cut corners. Get proper advice for the space and do it right. You will curse yourself if its sounding crap.

Wired would be better and cheaper. Bluetooth is poor over distances like that and unless you spend $$$ its gonna be poor compared to a decent wired system.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

I didn't realise links are deleted. The company name is [snip] Hopefully that's allowed.

g
    Moderator's note: links that promote businesses need to go in the Music Production Commercial Interaction Forum

Advertisement