Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are the gards always useless??

• 14-07-2016 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I was assulted on the 3rd of July by 3 guys in a bright daylight and got a broken nose. One of them was carrying a metal bar and luckily jost got beaten in my body not my head with the bar. My partner took a picture of the car's reg number. She contacted the gards straight away and drove me to the hospital. 2 gards showed up in the hospital taking statement and reg number and all that. I was told I would be contacted within 2-3 days. But the only thing was a letter from them saying it was reported and the name of the gard in charge. A week passed by no calles. I tried calling and talking to her but she was never in. Eventually my partner got to talk into her 10 days later when I was in the hospital having surgery on my nose for that assult. She said she would call the following day to come and get a statement. Statement??? Yes she said they had to get another statement, a formal one and they could not do any thing with only the reg number.

We were waiting for her call yesterday nothing (eventhought she said she would be in all day) called the station many time to talk to her but nowhere to be found.

Are the gards always useless????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

The guards have limited resources at the moment. Your on an ever growing list. Keep contacting her.
    Was the assault just a random attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Narenj

idnkph wrote: »
    The guards have limited resources at the moment. Your on an ever growing list. Keep contacting her.
    Was the assault just a random attack?

Yeah true but that is why it is on the rise. When these kind of people do such a thing and there is no consequence surely they will do worse the next time and that is what is happening.

All this happened over biping the horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Eh, wrong forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Look up the station on internet. Email them. Give details of incident...ask for update

degsie wrote: »
    Eh, wrong forum?

Can you send me the right link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

No ...Google the station ...maybe under Garda.ie...email from there .

No ...Google the station ...maybe under Garda.ie...email from there .

I have called many times and all of them say I have to talk to the one that is in charge of my case. But she is never in. So don't know if email would get me anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Narenj wrote: »
    Can you send me the right link?

Here..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement