Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Getting so old.....only figuring out the 'new' names around here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you want us all to sound exactly the same?

That'd be great actually. It would be worth losing the nice accents to get rid of the bad ones. Drogheda - I am looking at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Count Down wrote: »
    That new RTE newsreader with the northern accent.
    Sometimes hard to understand what she's saying, such as when she says 'site' for south, or 'Leinster hice' for Leinster house. There's also a northern accented one on the radio who tells us that "There'll be generally a lot of clide [cloud] in the site [south] followed by shires [showers]."
    Also when northerners say 'wee' instead of small. :(
    I've no issues with most accents, except Louth and Ceaaaaaaaaaavvaaaannn ones.

I'm also a sucker for a northern accent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

RTE complaining about folk not paying the licence fee, tonight sees Vogue Williams being sent to Vancouver to report back on it for a travel show.

Amazon splitting a big order into several small ones for "convenience"
    Grand, if you're not using Parcel Motel and will be charged for several deliveries instead of the one you thought it was going to be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Instagram Influencer. All of them.
    Scurge of society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Getting so old.....only figuring out the 'new' names around here!

Think I'll call meself boomerang next time around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I've no issues with most accents, except Louth and Ceaaaaaaaaaavvaaaannn ones.

I'm also a sucker for a northern accent :D
    I have a classmate from northern Donegal, one from outside of Cork and a third who is from Cork but spent years in the US. When they start to talk for each other I can feel my ears bleed.

I think im a bit autistic when it comes to accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Think I'll call meself boomerang next time around

Or BadSmell as you are always lingering.

:P

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Or BadSmell as you are always lingering.

:P

You loves me really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You loves me really!

The place wouldn't be the same without you.

Diplomatic answers like that have probably TA'd someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The Kardoucheshians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA’d that you’re actually worried you’ll be kicked out because you called your landlord about a broken washing machine. What kind of country is this if you can be kicked out over something that’s the landlord’s responsibility to sort? :mad:

And it's still not working. More than TA'd now. What the actual F?

Would he try a wash and come back in an hour and see for himself?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

razorblunt wrote: »
    RTE complaining about folk not paying the licence fee, tonight sees Vogue Williams being sent to Vancouver to report back on it for a travel show.

And a repeat of Room to Improve :rolleyes:

northgirl wrote: »
    And it's still not working. More than TA'd now. What the actual F?

Would he try a wash and come back in an hour and see for himself?????

I’d start hand washing your stuff if he’s not going to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People saying period after making a point.

Period.

I’d start hand washing your stuff if he’s not going to fix it

Handwashing towels and bed linen?

northgirl wrote: »
    Handwashing towels and bed linen?

I may not have thought that through :p

I may not have thought that through :p

:pac: i wish it was that easy!

Looking in the freezer section of SuperValu today for some bits to have in the freezer. A pack of 36 chicken dippers - €9.20!!! :eek::eek: absolute fcuking rip off. Things like that make me miss England

• Advertisement

Looking in the freezer section of SuperValu today for some bits to have in the freezer. A pack of 36 chicken dippers - €9.20!!! :eek::eek: absolute fcuking rip off. Things like that make me miss England

That's sounds like the price for Rosie & Jim's...I get them as they are gluten-free... you pay a premium price for that product though.

That's sounds like the price for Rosie & Jim's...I get them as they are gluten-free... you pay a premium price for that product though.

Nope, Birds Eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Cooking dinner this evening from a recipe on my phone. Phone now looks like it gas chicken pox.

Forgetting I left the oven door open and absolutely lamping my shin off it on the way past. That'll leave a mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Going in to my garage and seeing everything covered in cobwebs. I now have to deal with the eight legged ones as I move about a few bits and pieces.......sorry I stored some boxes of stuff in there now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The outrage over Bryan Cranston playing a disabled character in his new movie.
    It's called acting.

Is it now a case that Kevin Spacey will play all (alleged) sex pest roles?
    Robert Downey Jr and Macauley Culkin get all the recovered drug addict roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

It's called acting.

I'd like to see that movie, but the eejit Kevin Hart is in it.
    Any film with him or Johnny Depp are immediately struck off in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seeds in my seedless grapes. Also the amount of pips in lemons these days, its ridiculous :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's called acting.

No more super hero movies :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When mammy drops the little darling at school and thinks it's ok to just pull up anywhere so little darling does'nt have to walk too far and then proceeds to drive slow so that little darling can run up to crossing and get across .
    The rest of us do actually know that you have to stop at a crossing so no need to be a twat !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement