Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

The UK news have no problems mentioning the Traveller background of criminals - we are pathetic in that regards.

Ireland is far more politically correct than the UK, and the Irish media is much more homogeneously left-liberal in orientation.

Some of the UK media have no issue calling a spade a spade when it comes to Travellers and criminality, but the Irish media have been notably censoring themselves since Kenny came out with his ethnic minority recognition last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know if there were any repercussions against RTE over Tubridy's juvenile outburst on the LLS?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Anyone know if there were any repercussions against RTE over Tubridy's juvenile outburst on the LLS?

Nah, like a black hole out there, not even the light gets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What was the outburst? Genuinely, first I'm hearing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

What was the outburst? Genuinely, first I'm hearing of it.
    It was less an outburst and more a pathetic flexing of his peanut sized, virtue signaling muscles.

The guys a weasel faced muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It will be mentioned at some stage. Takes a while for the BAI to do their thing. Once a complaint has been made to them, their ruling pretty much has to be mentioned by RTE, be it a good or bad outcome.

I think there have been repercussions for Jennifer Zamguire as she has not been seen or heard shouting about insurance since that LLS. I hope it's not just a temp thing and Chill drop her completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    It will be mentioned at some stage. Takes a while for the BAI to do their thing. Once a complaint has been made to them, their ruling pretty much has to be mentioned by RTE, be it a good or bad outcome.

I think there have been repercussions for Jennifer Zamguire as she has not been seen or heard shouting about insurance since that LLS. I hope it's not just a temp thing and Chill drop her completely.

Who is Jennifer Zamguire?

erica74 wrote: »

Jennifer McGuire/Zamperelli

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Jennifer McGuire/Zamperelli

What did she do on the latelate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope she went on to apologise if that's how she's referring to herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Odelay wrote: »
    What did she do on the latelate?

She said via Twitter that Casey was clueless claiming to have asked him about direct provision and his response was supposedly - What's that?

It back fired when Casey was seen to have answered a question on the very subject earlier in his campaign.
    Twitter kinda turned on her then and she appears to have gone to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mickdw wrote: »
    She said via Twitter that Casey was clueless claiming to have asked him about direct provision and his response was supposedly - What's that?

You hardly think that she told a little lie do you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

In a nutshell some delusional one who said she was speaking to Casey. He denied it and she ran for cover and hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Funny how there's no mention of that when she's being "funny" on 2fm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Funny how there's no mention of that when she's being "funny" on 2fm.

You heard her being funny ???

That must have been the time I sneezed and couldn't hear.

Damn, something to tell the grandkids there!

Christmas holidays are beginning with a protest march.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2239674716289515&set=p.2239674716289515&type=3&theater

“PROTEST MARCH FOR TRAVLERS OF IRELAND IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd DECEMBER 2018

PADDY DOHERTY AND MYSELF ARE CURRENTLY ORGANISING A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , WERE NO DIFFERENT THEN MUSLIMS , ASIANS OR BLACKS OR AFRO OR CARIBBEAN OR WHATEVER CREED OR CULTURE THERE IS OUT THERE AND PUBLIC OR AS WE SAY COUNTRY PEOPLE CAN’T BE ABUSIVE OR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THEM SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE BE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST OUR TRAVLER COMMUNITY , ITS NO GOOD HAVING ONE LAW FOR ONE COMMUNITY AND NOTHING FOR ANOTHER AND WE WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO TRAVLERS AND MAKE OUR COMMUNITY A ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , AND IM NOT BEING RACIST WHAT IM GOING TO SAY NOW BUT IF WE OR ANYONE ELSE CALLED A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR THAT SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE BEING CALLED NAMES AND RACIST ABUSE AND CONSTANTLY BEING TURNT AWAY FROM PLACES JUST BECAUSE OF OUR CULTURE
    THIS NEEDS TO STOP WERE HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE ALL THESE OTHER CREEDS AND CULTURES , SO WERE ASKING FOR AS MANY TRAVLERS AS POSSIBLE IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd OF DECEMBER AND ITS TIME TO ACT NOW ITS TIME YOU ALL DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT”

Any chance of a protest march against the protest march?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2239674716289515&set=p.2239674716289515&type=3&theater

PADDY DOHERTY AND MYSELF ARE CURRENTLY ORGANISING A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , WERE NO DIFFERENT THEN MUSLIMS , ASIANS OR BLACKS OR AFRO OR CARIBBEAN OR WHATEVER CREED OR CULTURE THERE IS OUT THERE AND PUBLIC OR AS WE SAY COUNTRY PEOPLE CAN’T BE ABUSIVE OR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THEM SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE BE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST OUR TRAVLER COMMUNITY , ITS NO GOOD HAVING ONE LAW FOR ONE COMMUNITY AND NOTHING FOR ANOTHER AND WE WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO TRAVLERS AND MAKE OUR COMMUNITY A ETHNIC GROUP OF PEOPLE THROUGH LAW , AND IM NOT BEING RACIST WHAT IM GOING TO SAY NOW BUT IF WE OR ANYONE ELSE CALLED A MEMBER FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY A NAME OR CALLED SOMEONE A PAKI OR ANYTHING ELSE WE WOULD GET ARRESTED FOR THAT SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE BEING CALLED NAMES AND RACIST ABUSE AND CONSTANTLY BEING TURNT AWAY FROM PLACES JUST BECAUSE OF OUR CULTURE
    THIS NEEDS TO STOP WERE HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE ALL THESE OTHER CREEDS AND CULTURES , SO WERE ASKING FOR AS MANY TRAVLERS AS POSSIBLE IN DUBLIN ON THE 2nd OF DECEMBER AND ITS TIME TO ACT NOW ITS TIME YOU ALL DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT”

Dear sweet f**king Lord. That is a man who desperately needs a slap.

Or school. Preferably school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Any chance of a protest march against the protest march?

Thats racist!

Rory28 wrote: »
    Thats racist!

Only against travlers, travellers are grand.

I am one of the country people and I approve this message.

• Advertisement

Rory28 wrote: »
    Thats racist!

Is that because it’s an English traveller who’s organising it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Is that because it’s an English traveller who’s organising it?

Would they be similar to other English travellers who enslave other ethnic minorities? Perhaps Tommy Turner should organise his march in London.

They're looking for "Justice for travellers in Ireland".

So am I tbh. Not sure we're looking for the 'same' type of justice though.

Justice me hole, hand outs and an ability to be above the law is all they are marching for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I want to organise a protest march against caps lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You heard her being funny ???

That must have been the time I sneezed and couldn't hear.

Damn, something to tell the grandkids there!

I saw on Twitter that she 'dropped' into a direct provision site. She will become a social justice champion of this cause!!! (Once they don't move in next door to her in Rathgar or whereever she lives eh???)

This is called damage control I believe.

The shops on the route may lock up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Even the announcement is 'shouting', lol.

Can someone clarify this?

"A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW"

They are marching against a guy who isn't the President and who lives in America so will presumably hear very little, and care even less, about this. For what reason? Its hardly because he express what turned out to be a very popular opinion a few months ago.

And the other point is that they want to be made an ethnic group, which they already are. Or do they want to be settled people legally? Am I right or missing something?

• Advertisement

Can someone clarify this?

"A PROTEST MARCH AGAINST Mr PETER CASEY AND ALSO WE WANT TO GET IT THROUGH TO WHOEVER THAT IT MAY CONCERN THAT TRAVLERS WANT TO BE MADE AN ETHNIC GROUP OF SETTLED PEOPLE THROUGH LAW"

They are marching against a guy who isn't the President and who lives in America so will presumably hear very little, and care even less, about this. For what reason? Its hardly because he express what turned out to be a very popular opinion a few months ago.

And the other point is that they want to be made an ethnic group, which they already are. Or do they want to be settled people legally? Am I right or missing something?

Careful that's racist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement