Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Oh I have to get you to cook me a meal.:D

I’ve already told you I would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    I’ve already told you I would :D

I know!:D

And I already told you when I can make it and what I'd like. Maybe we'd be better meeting up in McDonald's Kilkenny for your fave and my fave - A Quarter pounder meal - large, Skinny coke and a Donut.:D

I know!:D

And I already told you when I can make it and what I'd like. Maybe we'd be better meeting up in McDonald's Kilkenny for your fave and my fave - A Quarter pounder meal - large, Skinny coke and a Donut.:D

McFlurry on you :D

McFlurry on you :D

Feck off! Buy your own McFlurry.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

Feck off! Buy your own McFlurry.:D

Such a gentleman :D

Such a gentleman :D

But I am!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had fish with a tomato sauce and steamed veg for dinner but am peckish now so am making homemade herby wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Today I had....
    3 rashers, 3 sausages, 2 eggs, mushrooms, beans, 4 toast, lots of tea
    3 ham cheese Tomato onion toasted sambos with a big bag of green Hunky Dorys.
    Lasagne and chips.

In bed now and stomach is rumbling with the hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Nice mug of hot chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was at a months mind mass for someone today. Tea biscuits cake scones in the village hall after mass. About 20 family and a few friends asked back to the house for a fine dinner of mashed spuds garlic potatoes turnip peas ham and turkey.
    Dessert of apple sponge or tart with ice cream and custard. Tea coffee biscuits. Minerals hard drink and a few hours of chat. Then tea with cold ham fruit cake buns and biscuits. Finished off the night with a packet of crisps and a Boost bar. Im fit for 2 months of hibernation after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Toast with good Irish butter and home made blackberry jam.. coffee courtesy of Supervalu rich roast ..

plans for today depend on the weather and if there is a lunch club... I think they said they were trying it on Mondays too.....

serendipity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Speaking of Maccys. My friend used to be a manager there and said there's often problems with chicken problems due to two timers being involved and 1 often being missed/ignored.

Dammit that nuggets are my go to but lately it's not agreeing with me so well :o

A Mac and cheese ready meal with extra grated cheese on top. Surprisingly nice :)

I'm listening to another chapter in the demise of Irish international football. Thankfully I have a nice Sirloin steak, chips, mushy peas and pepper sauce to alleviate the inevitable pain.:rolleyes:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    A Mac and cheese ready meal with extra grated cheese on top. Surprisingly nice :)

Cheese is life.

Fresh cod, mushy peas and mashed potatoes :)

northgirl wrote: »
    Cheese is life.

I was so lazy and didn’t know what I wanted so I just thought that’d do. The extra cheese definitely helped

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

northgirl wrote: »
    Cheese is life.

Cheesy spicy chicken enchiladas for me. I love cheese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Graces7 wrote: »
    Toast with good Irish butter and home made blackberry jam.. coffee courtesy of Supervalu rich roast ..

plans for today depend on the weather and if there is a lunch club... I think they said they were trying it on Mondays too.....

serendipity

Did you get to cross to go to the lunch club Grace? I hope you did, sometimes a warm meal in the tummy is the best medication.

Had one of those days the nothing was going to fill this tummy. Started off with sourdough bread toasted and Jam
    Lunch was keoghs crisps and a huge salad sandwich from O briens
    Well dinner was veggie stir fry and rice
    Ice cream and chocolate filled the gabs between the meals.

• Advertisement

molly09 wrote: »
    Did you get to cross to go to the lunch club Grace? I hope you did, sometimes a warm meal in the tummy is the best medication.

Had one of those days the nothing was going to fill this tummy. Started off with sourdough bread toasted and Jam
    Lunch was keoghs crisps and a huge salad sandwich from O briens
    Well dinner was veggie stir fry and rice
    Ice cream and chocolate filled the gabs between the meals.

Thank you and YAY! It was fish the day, and they serve such a huge portion I cannot eat it all so they let me bring it home.. Soup, then apple crumble after... coffee and choccy biccies..

Lovely to see so many old wans looked after.. mostly men y'day. Left alone in the world..

Just coffee so far today, but planning to roast a chicken then maybe a big rice pudding.... LIDL were all but giving them away at E9 for three E1.5 birds.. So I shared with my neighbour the ferryman who had kindly collected a prescription for me... we will feast on this cold, cold day..

cake! A luscious, delectable tesco strawberry and white chocolate cake, reduced and not a drop of palm oil in it...

Decided to leave the chicken as I had a pan of the mushy pea stuff. Ham, sweet potato, home made mushy peas.... gave the ham to the cat then added alittle water and concentrated mint sauce , and had a big bowl of thick soup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had steak and a selection of garden veg for dinner

Now, custard with fruit cocktail.

Pizza covered in pineapple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭spookwoman

chili con carne that's been festering in the crock pot since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

Juicy beef burger (no bun), fried egg, fried mushrooms, sweet potato fries.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I've ordered salt and chilli chicken balls and chips with curry sauce, and spare ribs with honey sauce. I'll only manage half of it but by golly I'll try my best. :D

VW 1 wrote: »
    Juicy beef burger (no bun), fried egg, fried mushrooms, sweet potato fries.

I so love a juicy burger with a fried egg on top and some trimmings on the side. Reminds me of my careless eating out days in various restaurants that offered a mixed grill! Had a serious dose of food back in the 90s in one spot. Bacon, sausage, pudding, tomato, a burger with an egg on top and chips. I thought that was it, but no. Out came a tray of onions and mushrooms, A tray of southern fried chicken with onion rings on top and then to finish it off, a big bowl of beans with brown bread on a plate.:eek: I always remember it for the first time ever having an egg with a burger.

Proper food plans scuppered. SKY.
    Barrys & Chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I so love a juicy burger with a fried egg on top and some trimmings on the side. Reminds me of my careless eating out days in various restaurants that offered a mixed grill! Had a serious dose of food back in the 90s in one spot. Bacon, sausage, pudding, tomato, a burger with an egg on top and chips. I thought that was it, but no. Out came a tray of onions and mushrooms, A tray of southern fried chicken with onion rings on top and then to finish it off, a big bowl of beans with brown bread on a plate.:eek: I always remember it for the first time ever having an egg with a burger.

That sounds like a man vs food mountain !!

Advertisement