Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Women will understand the significance of this one.

When you are in the radiology department going through the questionnaire and the radiographer asks "When was your last, oh sorry, do you still have periods?' That one really hit home.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

When all the great movies you know are from earlier than 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

My son got married this time last year - insisting that all 'the wedding party' wear tuxedos, and that they would NOT be hired, but the whole whack!. What could i do? I now own a tuxedo. I grumbled to my daughter ... 'when de fuq am i going to wear a fuquing tuxedo again???'... 'You'll look well at the wake'. I both laughed... and suddenly worried about my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

When your kids teachers are all younger than you & you've to go to parent teacher meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭alias no.9

When all the great movies you know are from earlier than 2000.

When you use the cultural reference
    Man, I'm too old for this ****

and have to explain its origins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 The Northern Lights

Two things for me; I notice myself griping alot about youngsters being a bit smart ass, forgetting that my peers and I probably weren't too much different when we were their age. Also, I can remember as far back as 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

I used to watch football and play computer games in my spare time and pay little attention to news or current affairs. Over the course of my 30's, that's now completely the opposite.

He’s in his thirties and thinks he’s old:eek:

denartha wrote: »
    I got my hair cut back in September and was looking down as he did my neck and all this grey hair was gathering around my feet and i thought "they must be cutting some auld fellas hair beside me", sneaked a look to the left and realized it was mine!

And then the barber asks “will I do the eyebrows as well ?”

trashcan wrote: »
    He’s in his thirties and thinks he’s old:eek:

I did and I bet you did too. What fools we were.

You're still young, thirty somethings!

storker wrote: »
    I've just thought of a way to strike a balance... :)

I hope it’s get your hair cut on the toilet, not the other alternative :P

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I did and I bet you did too. What fools we were.

You're still young, thirty somethings!

I still don’t think I’m old, despite what my body and the mirror tells me. As someone once said, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :cool:

I still don’t think I’m old, despite what my body and the mirror tells me. As someone once said, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :cool:

I think I'm with you there. I returned to education as a mature student and think the most important thing I learned from that was you are never too old to be young.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm happy at 37 to be reading the thread and knowing what ye are talking about, but I don't do most of that yet, so I must be still young. Yurt! I put it down to my hours upon hours of smoking weed and playing games! Keeps ya young!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Or, as G.B. Shaw said......'youth is wasted on the young'. He was correct, but also very incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

My GP is younger than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm happy at 37 to be reading the thread and knowing what ye are talking about, but I don't do most of that yet, so I must be still young. Yurt! I put it down to my hours upon hours of smoking weed and playing games! Keeps ya young!

Crushing young folk online is one of life's joys. Never too old to teabag scrubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

riclad wrote: »
    Your favourite songs are on classic hits radio.
    Young people's fashion looks strange. Staff in a shop say sir to you.
    You don't understand some of the slang in pop songs. you have given up trying to keep up with new music
    You look forward to staying in and watching the late late show instead of recording it
    You have to ask a young person how to use an app or get some device working
    Your favourite pop group has released a greatest hits collection
    If you have have a fine pints it takes longer to get over a hangover

When classic Hits is the only radio station you listen to :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

Being shattered by Thursday 🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

When I went out for a meal with extended family a few years ago, I went up to pay but the card terminal was broken.

Guy at the till used an embossing machine on my card, my 20 year old niece was utterly fascinated. She had never seen such a contraption, thought I was getting defrauded:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Youth and enthusiasm is no match for old age and treachery.

• Advertisement

Being shattered by Thursday 🥱

Dozing off on the sofa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

BuboBubo wrote: »

Guy at the till used an embossing machine on my card, my 20 year old niece was utterly fascinated. She had never seen such a contraption, thought I was getting defrauded:)

Bloody hell I can't believe they are still around. I have not seen those since our family hoildays to Spain in the 80s with the carbon paper and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

And then the barber asks “will I do the eyebrows as well ?”

and then says sure i'll do your ears too, no extra charge, hahaha.

bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" was played as a Golden Oldie on the radio a few months ago. WTF....! Sure that only came out last year. Staple of the dancfloor at 2:30am loaded up on red bull and vodka

No wait..come to think of it is was probably 2000/2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Having to walk down the stairs in the morning one at a time. My knees seem to wake up 30 minutes after I do.

I knelt down this morning to tie shoelaces for somebody and yelped with the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

when the 9 oclock news is one of the mainstays of watching tv in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭CoBo55

ec18 wrote: »
    I have become Santa, giver of presents

Second phase, third phase you look like him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

My local paedophile has stopped returning my calls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Second phase, third phase you look like him!!

I'm already well into that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm already well into that stage.

Same as that!!

I know they say it about guards, but primary teachers look ridiculously young.

Advertisement