Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The usual going out of his way for the fans legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Tommy Toe Hold was on the ball a week ago seeing as Woodley and McGregor
    are sniping at each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

rossi. wrote: »
    Obviously he has little in his prepared script to answer with. I dont think this is anything but eddie throwing words.

Surely "Oh no, your wife has told you" would have shut Eddie up and brought the house down.

• Advertisement

Surely "Oh no, your wife has told you" would have shut Eddie up and brought the house down.

Bingo would have nailed him.

Or bring out the old "yer ma" stuff. i.e. "has yer ma confessed then?".

Conor does have quick-witted reactions most of the time. The steroids stuff with Nate Diaz, he had a great comeback about Gil Melendez and Jake Shields. Or the Jeremy Stephens incident. He can wing it without relying on pre-thought-out stuff but he definitely missed an opportunity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bingo would have nailed him.

Or bring out the old "yer ma" stuff. i.e. "has yer ma confessed then?".

Conor does have quick-witted reactions most of the time. The steroids stuff with Nate Diaz, he had a great comeback about Gil Melendez and Jake Shields. Or the Jeremy Stephens incident. He can wing it without relying on pre-thought-out stuff but he definitely missed an opportunity there.

He's at his best with the quick witted stuff. Don't really enjoy the rehearsed lines myself, sounds too forced.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's at his best with the quick witted stuff. Don't really enjoy the rehearsed lines myself, sounds too forced.

Regardless of whether you love or hate him, the reality is he puts himself under pressure to out-do himself and there's only so many times that'll work. It's when he's relaxed and flowing he's at his best.

For example, he 100% in my opinion rehearsed the "gun signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left hand" line. It worked (barely) but it felt forced. Whereas his "Nate can only count to 5" comment cracked me up and was all quick-wit.

Yesterday he 100% rehearsed the "I'm a f'ing pimp, rocking all white Gucci mink, and without me, this whole f'ing ship sink" line. And it fell flat in the Presser. Whereas when he started talking with Eddie about his basketball shot on the Fox Sports show, it was hilarious.

I'd say the pressure is all internal too - trying to live up to his promises to break the 2 million PPV record etc. It probably worked, in the sense that the amount of mainstream media who covered that Eddie incident and who will now cover the Woodley 'incident' - it all translates into more PPV buys.

Just personally much prefer his non-rehearsed/non-planned stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i honestly don't think any of the smaller guys can hang with conor, he just hits too hard and too often. it takes a bigger man like diaz to give him a proper fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

TheTownie wrote: »
    I'd imagine Conor will add around 10lbs of water. Alvarez certainly looks like he carries more water weight so more than 10lbs for him but how much more I'm not sure.

Way more than that surely? Didn't JK say Conor weighs ~165lbs for a FW fight? Pretty sure he tweeted that before. Someone will have that picture handy.

I don't think he'll be much more than that in the ring.

If 165 is true for FW, then I imagine about 170 for LW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

Are people turning on McGregor? Lots of negative Reddit MMA threads and comments on him.

Anyone know why Wonderfullife was banned?

Eatmore wrote: »
    Are people turning on McGregor? Lots of negative Reddit MMA threads and comments on him.

Reddit has always had a healthy dose of anti-Conor threads. It completely swings when he wins his fights though.

Didn't realize he got banned?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Probably calling people "boards bitch" via pm

D.Q wrote: »
    Quite an image you're conjuring

and the lesson for today kids!!! dont talk on the phone while typing in work.

or in the spirit of this thread. I lost my concentration coz I was taking a $100,000 order in work yo!!! I run this ****in :D thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yes its real, he was talking about a journalist at the presser not the guy in the video.

Eatmore wrote: »

What? He was in SBG the other day and I was dying to hear that story... or even him mention it.

Ah well, guess we'll never know now

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »

Nah he was talking about Michael Lansberg, who is a complete tosser!

That video is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****ing clickbait site, can't get the vid to play. Was it as bad as Jonny jones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

A baaaaad joke, like a New Zealand version of republic of telly bad

who gives a ****, im glad, sorry to sound harsh but down that side of the world, NZ & OZ they deserve to put in their place. They actually go out of their way to out do each other in scummy interviews etc, Remember it was a ozzie show who rang that nurse when when kate middleton was in hospital and she neded up killing herself.. ha ha ha very funny joke folks.

fook dem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    ****ing clickbait site, can't get the vid to play. Was it as bad as Jonny jones?

Here it is off youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cant believe wonder letting himself down and getting banned this close too 205; USADA really clamping down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

rusty cole wrote: »
    who gives a ****, im glad, sorry to sound harsh but down that side of the world, NZ & OZ they deserve to put in their place. They actually go out of their way to out do each other in scummy interviews etc, Remember it was a ozzie show who rang that nurse when when kate middleton was in hospital and she neded up killing herself.. ha ha ha very funny joke folks.

fook dem.

Christ, relax. The video was edited, that guy wasn't interviewing them it was just a random rant.

that tyron woodley exchange is on youtube now with audio and it's literally nothing. there's obviously a bit of tension but conor shoots em a look and says wats up, dats it. it only looks worse because of the expression but it's funny. woodley doesnt even look em in the eye and runs off..worth a giggle though

Christ, relax. The video was edited, that guy wasn't interviewing them it was just a random rant.

ok ok sorry for that then genuinely I am. back to the real thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

BOHtox wrote: »
    What? He was in SBG the other day and I was dying to hear that story... or even him mention it.

Ah well, guess we'll never know now

Logged on just to thank this post.

God love wonderfullife, he's enthusiastic. The forum will be dead without him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement