Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    ComfortKid wrote: »
    Ahh. I thought you were going to say Katie would be causing carnage. I believe Holm would destroy Katie tbh. Too fast too powerful.

Ah I was wondering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Aldo via Decision
    Professional women's boxing isn't all that great- much more depth at amateur level. In boxing- I back Katie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Depp wrote: »
    just listening to that there and a bit of overreaction going on, other than the baldy retard with the hat there was nothing bad said that you wouldnt hear at any q&a. tinder guy was hilarious enough to be fair

I happened to start watching just as this twat-waffle got on the mic when I made the post. Some total idiots asking questions after too but also some funny parts.

Most of it was good natured but the guys just repeating McGregor lines are embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision
    moneyman wrote: »
    I happened to start watching just as this twat-waffle got on the mic when I made the post. Some total idiots asking questions after too but also some funny parts.

Most of it was good natured but the guys just repeating McGregor lines are embarrassing.

bet he gets all the chicks in Vegas this weekend... :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor via Decision
    Jasus irish sport fans hit a new low during that q and a. Worse than the aldo and mcgregor world tour in dublin

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    Some atmosphere for the weigh-ins though…
    https://www.instagram.com/p/_KxrMzPKew/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

McGregor via Decision
    Watching the Q&A now. This is genuinely hilarious. The creepy questions coming from the Americans are embarrassing though.

Anyone giving out has never watched one of these before. I'm usually asleep with the inane questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

ricero wrote:
    Jasus irish sport fans hit a new low during that q and a. Worse than the aldo and mcgregor world tour in dublin

Traveling Irish sports fans are known all over the world as being the best behaved fans in the world. Seems people on here just hate seeing their fellow countrymen getting pissed and having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    moneyman wrote: »

that was the flute with the hat who was the only one at that really

• Advertisement

Aldo via Decision
    Traveling Irish sports fans are known all over the world as being the best behaved fans in the world. Seems people on here just hate seeing their fellow countrymen getting pissed and having a laugh.

Only by our papers- most haven't a clue about Ireland or their fans

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When are the weighins starting

McGregor via Decision
    Dtp1979 wrote: »

15 minutes according to youtube

McGregor via Decision
    Dtp1979 wrote: »

11pm

McGregor via Decision

awful lot of begrudgery in most of the comments alright few eegits but it was a good laugh to watch! serious pipes on yer man singing aswel to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    begrudgery means resenting success.

Embarrassing drunken louts do not make me jealous of them. I felt sorry for Holms

McGregor via Decision
    py2006 wrote: »

Embarrassing drunken louts do not make me jealous of them. I felt sorry for Holms

I feel sorry for her in some respects. Having those creepy Brazilian and American questions was odd.
    The Irish fans bar one were grand. They were having a laugh and both Holly and Megan commented on it being fun numerous times. I don't see what the big deal was.

McGregor via Decision

i wouldve considered it a success to be able to go to vegas ha! why like? what was said that was bad that you wouldnt hear at any other q&a anywhere else in the world?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Gaygooner wrote:
    Only by our papers- most haven't a clue about Ireland or their fans

What do you mean by that? Poznan in Poland presented Ireland with some kind of award for having such good well behaved fans in their city during euro2012, yet everyone on boards was disgusted with the embarrassing behavior. I think this is completey fake outrage. People across all forums on boards seem to be embarrassed to be Irish an awful lot.

Fair play to em, spending thousands to go to party central and get drunk and have a laugh. Once they aren't wrecking the city or fighting its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

McGregor via Decision
    Accumulator for the weekend. Sterling, Sage and Rose up so far. I'll be on some buzz if everyone wins and I'm just waiting on Conor.

Who do ye think will let me down??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    I felt sorry for Holms

Why? She looked like she was having a great time! The cringey-smutty stuff really wasn't from the Irish fans anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    The Q&A thread on sherdog, comprised mostly of Americans seems to think that the Irish fans were really entertaining and better than the usual boring stuff so I don't think they were too embarrassing.

I do find that kind of thing cringy myself but it's just fans having the craic in general.

Aldo via Decision
    What do you mean by that? Poznan in Poland presented Ireland with some kind of award for having such good well behaved fans in their city during euro2012, yet everyone on boards was disgusted with the embarrassing behavior. I think this is completey fake outrage. People across all forums on boards seem to be embarrassed to be Irish an awful lot.

Fair play to em, spending thousands to go to party central and get drunk and have a laugh. Once they aren't wrecking the city or fighting its all good.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/mma/flight-carrying-conor-mcgregor-fans-forced-to-divert-following-drunk-irish-fella-causing-disturbance-34278759.html

Great bunch of lads...

McGregor via Decision
    Gaygooner wrote: »

theres 20000 irish out there and thats one example, get a grip will ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    OmegaRed wrote: »
    Ah lads, the Irish making a show of themselves at the Holly Holm Q&A. It's embarrassing. Live for the world to see!!!

Mortified to say the least only 7 minutes in and you can hear the drunks shouting abuse, booing, 'bring Mcgregor out' etc., totally disrespectful and disgraceful behavior.

Aldo via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    theres 20000 irish out there and thats one example, get a grip will ya!

That would be 2

Aldo via Decision
    It reminds me of the loutish behaviour by the British fans when I was over for May weather smashing Hatton

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision
    Gaygooner wrote: »
    That would be 2

oh sorry there was TWO of em not ONE, seriously stop it will ya? either discuss the fight tomorrow night or **** off back to whinge about fury for a while!

Advertisement