Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ghost Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

So, after Slane what's the general consensus?

I think a headliner inside the next 12 months will be announced.

For many they were the surprise hit of Slane, at least by social media comments.

Imagine those people when they see their indoor show. They'll be blown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So, after Slane what's the general consensus?

I think a headliner inside the next 12 months will be announced.

For many they were the surprise hit of Slane, at least by social media comments.

Imagine those people when they see their indoor show. They'll be blown away.

I was a fan before Slane and even though I enjoyed their set, it would have been nicer if it was a bit louder, especially Tobias' mic between songs. They'll definitely be back and I think he basically said as much.

They're own set is over 2 hours long (they seem to play about 24 songs) and indoors with their own set up would be great. Probably not big enough for the Point so it'd be the Olympia or Vicar Street I'd imagine. I'd prefer VS.

I was a fan before Slane and even though I enjoyed their set, it would have been nicer if it was a bit louder, especially Tobias' mic between songs. They'll definitely be back and I think he basically said as much.

They're own set is over 2 hours long (they seem to play about 24 songs) and indoors with their own set up would be great. Probably not big enough for the Point so it'd be the Olympia or Vicar Street I'd imagine. I'd prefer VS.

I've seen their live show (Amsterdam) at a 6000 cap venue. I don't think there's a suitable Dublin venue for them. Olympia and VS are to small, 3 arena too big.

They're in that weird place in that they're too big yet not big enough for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The band were in Fibbers after the gig, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I was on the fence about them for a while, but after their slot at Slane Castle ahead of Metallica, I was definitely convinced.

Fingers crossed they'll be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I can see them being put on in a scaled back 3 arena show, top tier closed.

Decent support, off the back of Slane you'd expect around 6k there at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

ush wrote: »
    Forge and the judge are members of the same masonic lodge. Grounds for a retrial?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/a/OnOOy1/ghost-sangaren-och-domaren-ar-frimurare--advokaten-jav

Haha, looks like I got my wish when I was thinking to myself that Ghost would be even cooler if all the Satanic stuff was actually real, that they never revealed their true identities and that they maintained a huge aura of mystery and evil around themselves, then disappeared into legend and were only spoken of in hushed whispers (of course that didn't happen). You know, in the same way that Killing Joke were the real deal about conspiracy theories and actually went to Iceland believing the end of the world was about to happen or the insanity of black metal bands. Rock music as dangerous, evil, wild, delusional and enigmatic once again, something of which to be afraid. I remember that when I was kid, certain bands like Marilyn Manson had this really intimidating vibe and you approached the music with caution, now of course it's all humorous. So Tobias is supposedly a Freemason, that's interesting, at least the dark image might be real! The lyrics are fantastically evil and inverted anyway. Despite the humorous image I don't think Ghost will become as safe as bands that once had a dangerous image, because the lyrics and intent are actually quite intelligently subversive, not just saying things to shock, there is some thought behind what is being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2021 the latest before we see a new Ghost album, though they'll be touring Europe right up until Christmas.

https://www.overdrive.ie/ghost-i-would-say-by-early-2021-you-can-expect-the-next-chapter-of-the-ghost-story-tobias-forge/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

scudzilla wrote: »
    I can see them being put on in a scaled back 3 arena show, top tier closed.

Decent support, off the back of Slane you'd expect around 6k there at least

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When would this be announced? After the Metallica tour will be very late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Mushy wrote: »
    When would this be announced? After the Metallica tour will be very late

Hopefully soon. I'd say it would be mid November depending on where they start in Europe for that tour.

Really don't think they are popular enough yet for the 3Arena but can you imagine how much fun a show in the Olympia would be...could possibly do two dates.

A scaled-back Three Arena could be an option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Grayditch wrote: »
    A scaled-back Three Arena could be an option though.

True

Imo I think we saw the best of the show to an extent in slane as they done most (if not all) of the best songs.

I'm always left a little unsatisfied with the short sets. Their full two hour shows are just incredible and tick all the boxes. Not hearing He Is at a Ghost gig is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The longer we wait the less likely we'll see them IMO

They're tied up in U.S in Sept & Oct, don't see that many tours rolling around Europe in Dec/Jan so we're looking at Feb/March at the earliest.

If MCD did manage to book them i'm sure they'd want to announce it ASAP whilst still in everyone's minds after Slane. A decent price (35/40E) and i reckon they could hit a decent 6-8k in the point

scudzilla wrote: »
    The longer we wait the less likely we'll see them IMO

They're tied up in U.S in Sept & Oct, don't see that many tours rolling around Europe in Dec/Jan so we're looking at Feb/March at the earliest.

If MCD did manage to book them i'm sure they'd want to announce it ASAP whilst still in everyone's minds after Slane. A decent price (35/40E) and i reckon they could hit a decent 6-8k in the point

They said in the interview with Overdrive (linked a few pages back) that they’re touring Europe after the US tour ends and that it’ll take them up to Christmas. So basically November and December will be the European tour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I remember seeing this band play in 2011 alongside Trivium, In Flames and Rise to Remain, I didn't think much of them, I think they were Arctic Monkeys in dark costumes, it's unfortunate that they seem to be overtaking Trivium.

They've been pretty far ahead of Trivium on all line-ups for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

it's unfortunate that they seem to be overtaking Trivium.

That's mainly because Trivium seem to have gone backwards of late. Ghost are very entertaining but Trivium are not as promising as they once seemed, their albums are very hit and miss.

I could never take Trivium seriously. The singer was always making these really angry faces that made me laugh.

• Advertisement

I'm holding out hope for a November date. Scaled back 3 Arena. Make it happen, MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

With Tribulation, an incredible band.

I'm holding out hope for a November date. Scaled back 3 Arena. Make it happen, MCD.

Someone heard you.....

Someone heard you.....

I may have heard someone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I may have heard someone ;)
    Sneak of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

If anyone has a spare presale code, could you PM me please, I'd be very grateful. I have some time to buy tickets now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

How quickly will it sell out? I'm going to a funeral tomorrow morning for 10AM, and will miss the opening of the phone lines

Advertisement