Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb of God Appreciation thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got this video during Black Label... Standing right next to the speaker though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Got this video during Black Label... Standing right next to the speaker though!
    I'd moved to the back at that point but can see my son front stage 2nd row left in that vid. Another proud father Lamb of God moment \m/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 colon

Savage show altogether. The energy from the crowd had to be witnessed to be truly appreciated. The live scene, as always here, is in the safest of hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The gig on Wednesday was my first time to see Lamb of God... to say I was blown away is an understatement- they were fcuking incredible! I'd see them again in a heartbeat- everything about it was perfect; their banter, the way they worked up the crowd and of course the choons! It was over far too soon. High points were 'Laid to Rest' and 'Redneck'. The pit looked fcuking crazy- easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to (for the 'Ole Ole' chanting alone:p )

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I agree with it being an amazing gig. The atmosphere was fantastic and you could tell they really enjoyed being there. Randy was on fire with his usual wit. Willie and John were really digging it and Chris was kicking the shit outta the kit. Mark was his usual reserved self, but was nailing all the solos, I was particularlly impressed with the solo in Walk With Me In Hell.

Best metal gig I've been at for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 6ftTallGuy

Missed seeing Lamb Of god on June 13th because of my Leaving Cert :( , but next time they come to Ireland i am definetly going

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Figured i'd bump this, Lamb Of God dropped a new track from their forthcoming 7th studio album titled VII: *Sturm Und Drang, album to be released in July.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/drop-everything-heres-a-new-lamb-of-god-song-still-echos

*Storm And Stress in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Love the quote regarding his book and closure: "It's not a F'ing Hallmark card"

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

New track from the forthcoming album. Me likey.

• Advertisement

Video for 512

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

New album is f**king fantastic. That is all.

Bumping this, as a new song has surfaced online, and an EP titled The Duke being released next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Bumping this, as a new song has surfaced online, and an EP titled The Duke being released next month.

Great story behind this too...http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/hear-lamb-of-god-honor-late-fan-on-new-song-the-duke-w445283

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Not loving the new clean vocal direction.

2 songs with clean vocals is hardly a change of direction..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Great band. I guess I knew about them for years but I've only recently really gotten into them after seeing the video for desolation about 3 months ago, but since then can't get enough!

What are people's favourites?

I think I like the resolution album the most at the moment, though that could just be because thats the album I've listened to most.

MY HANDS ARE PAINTED RED!!! \m/ \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Listening to Wrath now as I head home on the bus and reading Dark Days....

ROCK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Great band. I guess I knew about them for years but I've only recently really gotten into them after seeing the video for desolation about 3 months ago, but since then can't get enough!

What are people's favourites?

I think I like the resolution album the most at the moment, though that could just be because thats the album I've listened to most.

MY HANDS ARE PAINTED RED!!! \m/ \m/
    Resolution is definitely my least favourite by a good bit.

Palaces, Ashes & Sacrament would be a league above the rest IMO although Palaces might be a bit less accessible to some ears.

Chris is out of the band.
    Dear Lamb of God fans,

We returned last week from a great European festival run and our final tour with Slayer in North America. We are excited to keep the momentum going and dive into the next record.

We'd like to officially welcome Art Cruz, who has been playing drums with us on tour for the last year, as the new drummer of Lamb of God. Art will be joining us in the studio as we begin pre-production and recording of a new album.

We're very proud of everything this band has accomplished over the last two decades. We would like to thank Chris Adler for his contributions over the years and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Thank you,

John, Mark, Randy & Willie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thought he left Megadeth so he could focus on LoG prob regrets that now whatever happened.

Thought he left Megadeth so he could focus on LoG prob regrets that now whatever happened.

He apparently suffered an injury from a motorcycle accident last year, and has been recovering since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    He apparently suffered an injury from a motorcycle accident last year, and has been recovering since.

Yeah it's why he wasn't on the tour an interview with Randy recently had a subtle hint of Adlers future being in doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I think I seen Lamb Of God live when they supported Megadeth in Dublin a few years back. Their frontman got attacked by a group of yobs before the show. If it was Lamb Of God, they were a very tight band and rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Damn, that's a shame. Seems like a weirdly formal departure announcement though considering how long he had been with the band.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Damn, that's a shame. Seems like a weirdly formal departure announcement though considering how long he had been with the band.

This popped up on my news feed when it broke, but forgot about it until I threw LoG on Spotify. Casts some more light on the "weirdly formal announcement" I referenced above. Not a mutual decision, it seems. Will be interesting to see where both he and Lamb of God go from here.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lamb-of-god-drummer-chris-adler-addresses-exit-from-band-2560404
    Adler implied that it was not his choice to leave Lamb of God: “We managed to find some love in the machine, but in turn it took things that cannot be recovered. I did not leave the dream. I did not make the decision to leave my life’s work. The truth is that, I am unwilling to paint by numbers.”

“There is an ambiguous concept in our world of ‘selling out’,” Adler continued. “I cannot define that outside of my personal understanding, but know that being trapped in a ‘creative’ formula and/or playing the same song 10,000 times did not bolster my love of playing. I’ve never been one to ‘phone it in’. I’d rather mow the grass.”

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement