Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alter Bridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've heard those songs but I've only heard Bad Rain off the other one. Get the other 2, they're amazing. I got them both off eBay at the same time when I discovered them and I've been hooked since! :)

That's cool. I might use that myself, thanks for the link.

Oh maybe I'll tweet him later about it and see what he says. I asked him last night if he'd heard the album and he said he's going to wait til it's all done before he listens to it

I've liked that page.. :)

I'd get the other 2 Alter Bridge albums, but unfortunately no money :(,

You're really missing out, Apocalyptic Love is amazing (I'll post the full album in the Slash thread,

No problem with the website link,

Michael Tremonti is 1 lucky dude, getting to listen to the new Alter Bridge before the rest of the world when it's mixed & mastered

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

All the songs are on YouTube fortunately. I have 2 copies of ABIII, I ended up winning one a couple of months after I bought the other lol.

I think my brother has the 2 albums somewhere actually, I must ask him tomorrow.

I know... I'd love to be a fly on the wall. When I get it I'm locking myself in my room with my headphones and mp3 player :D

Once i get the new Alter Bridge, it'll be imported onto iTunes then synced to the iPod, headphones on & volume turned up, and enjoying the long awaited 4th Alter Bridge album

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Once i get the new Alter Bridge, it'll be imported onto iTunes then synced to the iPod, headphones on & volume turned up, and enjoying the long awaited 4th Alter Bridge album

I've never had an iPod... :o

I've had at least 5 or 6 different MP3 players though.

Once I get it, I'll rip it onto Windows Media Player and sync it. From then I'll be pretty much the same. Headphones on, volume up... \m/:D\m/

I've never had an iPod... :o

I've had at least 5 or 6 different MP3 players though.

Once I get it, I'll rip it onto Windows Media Player and sync it. From then I'll be pretty much the same. Headphones on, volume up... \m/:D\m/

Never had an iPod :eek:,

I ditched Windows Media Player & MP3's when i upgraded to an iPod

• Advertisement

I could be behind the times but I like my mp3 player.. I would like a new one though. Maybe I'll upgrade before ABIV comes out lol.

This is the one I have:

http://static.productreview.com.au/pr.products/sa060308s-97-rtp-global-001-highres_51130aee0e02a.jpg

I wonder if Creative still make them. I had at least 4 of their MP3 players and I really liked them.

I could be behind the times but I like my mp3 player.. I would like a new one though. Maybe I'll upgrade before ABIV comes out lol.

This is the one I have:

http://static.productreview.com.au/pr.products/sa060308s-97-rtp-global-001-highres_51130aee0e02a.jpg

If you like your MP3 and it does what it's supposed to, then you're happy out, though a shiny new MP3 player would be a nice present for yourself to go along with the new Alter Bridge album :D

It does the job. I have it a good while though. I'd love a new one. My birthday is coming up so I'm thinking that's what my present to myself will be. :D

I'm liking the look of this... :)

http://en.europe.creative.com/p/mp3player/zen-touch-2

It does the job. I have it a good while though. I'd love a new one. My birthday is coming up so I'm thinking that's what my present to myself will be. :D

I'm liking the look of this... :)

http://en.europe.creative.com/p/mp3player/zen-touch-2

There ya go your birthday is a good enough reason to splash the cash on a new MP3 player :D

The Zen touch looks cool :cool:

Hopefully it's not too dear because I like the look of it a lot lol. :D

I've had a few Zens and loved them :)

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's not too dear because I like the look of it a lot lol. :D

I've had a few Zens and loved them :)

It's best to shop around for MP3 player's, all i've had was a Sony MP3 then i was given the iPod Shuffle

Actually i've just remembered, i have a college friend who's going to see Alter Bridge in Wembley this year..... the lucky f**ker

Will definitely do some shopping around. Was half thinking of an iPod Touch but I don't think I can afford one. :o

Edit: ah the lucky b....... :p I'm following an English girl on Twitter who's seeing them 3 times in October, she's meeting them too :eek:

I'd love to change to an iPod Nano (are they the 1's with the screen on them), but my financial situation sucks,

I think that's the one my brother has. He loves it. :)

From Mark Tremonti on Twitter 5 hours ago:

"Look out for a press release tomorrow!"

:eek: Excitement! :D

New album is called Fortress and it's out 30 Septmeber in the UK, before the USA gets it on 8 October!!!! :D:D:D

LINKY!!!

WHOOO excellent news :D

I'm so excited I could cry!!! :o:D

Now the only thing we need is an Alter Bridge show in Ireland sometime in 2014

• Advertisement

I think I'd cry if that was announced... :D

I think I'd cry if that was announced... :D

I'd be over the moon if it was announced, actually i asked Michael Tremonti the very question a while ago, and he said ''Not for 2013, possibly looking at 2014'' :D

I'd be over the moon if it was announced, actually i asked Michael Tremonti the very question a while ago, and he said ''Not for 2013, possibly looking at 2014'' :D

Oh seriously?! :D

Alter Bridge are my favourite band in the entire world, with Green Day and 30 Seconds to Mars closely following. I've seen both of them and cried so I'll surely cry if I see Alter Bridge! :o

So what do you think of the name of the album? I like it :D

Oh seriously?! :D

Alter Bridge are my favourite band in the entire world, with Green Day and 30 Seconds to Mars closely following. I've seen both of them and cried so I'll surely cry if I see Alter Bridge! :o

So what do you think of the name of the album? I like it :D

Yes so fingers crossed for Alter Bridge in 2014, i've always wanted to see Green Day live, i'm not too keen on 30 Seconds To Mars

The album title is awesome, let's hope the songs are too :D

Yes so fingers crossed for Alter Bridge in 2014, i've always wanted to see Green Day live, i'm not too keen on 30 Seconds To Mars

The album title is awesome, let's hope the songs are too :D

Green Day are excellent live, they really do put on a great show! Lol, not many people I know are keen on them but I love them. Might try go see them in November. I was hoping Green Day would announce a date but doesn't look like it'll happen.

I've read a few different articles today but apparently the title track is the closing track. 3 more titles are:

Bleed It Dry
    Farther Than The Sun
    All Ends Well

Also read that the cover art and tracklisting will be revealed next week :D

Green Day are excellent live, they really do put on a great show! Lol, not many people I know are keen on them but I love them. Might try go see them in November. I was hoping Green Day would announce a date but doesn't look like it'll happen.

I've read a few different articles today but apparently the title track is the closing track. 3 more titles are:

Bleed It Dry
    Farther Than The Sun
    All Ends Well

Also read that the cover art and tracklisting will be revealed next week :D

Well from what i saw of Green Day on Youtube, they look like an awesome live band, shame most rock/metal bands avoid Ireland :(, whooo 3 new song titles, at least we got the album title today, another week and we'll have the album cover & tracklisting :D, definitely getting excited

Well from what i saw of Green Day on Youtube, they look like an awesome live band, shame most rock/metal bands avoid Ireland :(, whooo 3 new song titles, at least we got the album title today, another week and we'll have the album cover & tracklisting :D, definitely getting excited

If you get the chance to see them I would definitely recommend going! :D

It is a shame. I was really hoping for an Alter Bridge date this year, especially when they're in the UK. Another band I listen to, Daughtry, are even less likely to come here. Fingers crossed Michael Tremonti is right, he generally is! :D

Have a feeling that the cover is going to be different to the ABIII and Blackbird and be more like the cover for ODR.

I'd love to hear a bit of piano on an AB song, just out of curiosity.

If you get the chance to see them I would definitely recommend going! :D

It is a shame. I was really hoping for an Alter Bridge date this year, especially when they're in the UK. Another band I listen to, Daughtry, are even less likely to come here. Fingers crossed Michael Tremonti is right, he generally is! :D

Have a feeling that the cover is going to be different to the ABIII and Blackbird and be more like the cover for ODR.

I'd love to hear a bit of piano on an AB song, just out of curiosity.

I'll keep it in mind, you could always go to England to see Alter Bridge, i've never even heard of Daughtry... I'm thinking the cover will be of an old castle to go with the Fortress title, there will be acoustic guitar on the album....... And Fortress is out 5 days after my birthday - that's my present to myself sorted :D

New band photo :D

943661_10151612680468558_1712999454_n.jpg

Myles Kennedy looks so badass, Mark look's like he's planning world domination, Flip's thinking of something else, and Brian is giving the evil stare

:D

• Advertisement

I'll keep it in mind, you could always go to England to see Alter Bridge, i've never even heard of Daughtry... I'm thinking the cover will be of an old castle to go with the Fortress title, there will be acoustic guitar on the album

Yeah that's true. I'll have to get a passport first though. I'll keep hoping. :o

I really like Daughtry. The singer was on American Idol the year that Kelly Clarkson won it. I didn't actually see it but I think he was probably way too good to be on one of those shows. You should look them up, they have 3 albums out. Coincidentally their fourth is rumoured to be out this year.

I was thinking of something along the same lines for the cover and I'm also thinking it'll be dark, like grey and black/dark blue if you know what I mean.

Looking forward to hearing the acoustic guitar. The only other song I can think of with acoustic guitar on it would be Watch Over You and I love that. :)

Edit - such a cool photo. :D

Advertisement